Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question what's the difference between smaller monitor and large monitor? Question about scale, I want it to fit me and have another year to grow into it but i'm 11 years old and 5 feet tall how should i scale it?

That project is like suicide, too many pages peices and folds, you cant wear the monitor so...it's just a model.

SH_Jack said:
Go to "Print..." and look for the box with "Pages from [ ] to:[ ]" and put the page you're missing in both boxes.

thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
im smart, heh... i tried to build the top torso parts and i got mixed up with the valleys and mountains (i thought one line type was the other...) and i built half of the chest piece inside-out and it stopped going together, lol.. so i gotta redo it

You Probaly can wear it and you can because my older brother is making a suite and is done the helmet and it fits him perfectly

MC PwN 3R said:
hey, sup...
in anycase, i searched this entire thread to see if anyone has the same questions as me...it turns out that this never reached the minds of anyone so...
if i was making the spartan suit, which i am, and i need to make the feet/boots of the suit, would i be able to cover a pair of old boots that i can still wear and if yes, how? can someone either explain or make a tut for this? thx...

ps, im making it out of cardboard...yes its made out of boxes goddammit but hey, it fits into my 14 yr old budget...so hell yea...furthermore, spray paint? or the regular bucket of paint and the paint brush?

[attachment=1162:Untitled_1.png]

I hope you can read my writing but in case not, here:

Green text- "Slip onto toe part of shoe."
Red text- "Don't glue together so you can wrap around shoe- use velcro?"
Black text- "Don't use this piece"

The piece I'm pointing out forms the bottom of the boot. It's handy to use as a guide to whether or not you've scaled the boot correctly but don't glue it to the other pieces if you want to put it onto another shoe.

Most people use spray paint- Krylon is the preferred brand. Use the forum search feature for specific colour names, prices, etc.

xT3T0x said:
thank you :)

Glad to help!

SH_Jack said:
[attachment=1162:Untitled_1.png]

I hope you can read my writing but in case not, here:

Green text- "Slip onto toe part of shoe."
Red text- "Don't glue together so you can wrap around shoe- use velcro?"
Black text- "Don't use this piece"

The piece I'm pointing out forms the bottom of the boot. It's handy to use as a guide to whether or not you've scaled the boot correctly but don't glue it to the other pieces if you want to put it onto another shoe.

Most people use spray paint- Krylon is the preferred brand. Use the forum search feature for specific colour names, prices, etc.
Glad to help!

thx alot...and in anycase, im not really using glue...im cutting it close to the deadline so im only using spary paint and duct tape...
furthermore...should i spray paint the figure first? or wrap it around my boot and then spray paint it so it holds it shape?

I'm almost done with the paper helmet. If/When I'm satisfied I'll do a cardstock one.

How does everyone else go about at making the helm? Start with the visor or the top?

I'm aksing 'cause I got a few main pieces (visor+bottom of the bill, top+back of the neck and sides, chin). The paper helmet seems so fragile I'm almost afraid to glue it together...afraid I'll mash it up somehow.

MC PwN 3R said:
thx alot...and in anycase, im not really using glue...im cutting it close to the deadline so im only using spary paint and duct tape...
furthermore...should i spray paint the figure first? or wrap it around my boot and then spray paint it so it holds it shape?

I don't think the spray paint will affect whether or not it holds shape unless you thoroughly soak with paint. I'd say paint first so you don't end up painting your boots.

Spartan-299 said:
I'm almost done with the paper helmet. If/When I'm satisfied I'll do a cardstock one.

How does everyone else go about at making the helm? Start with the visor or the top?

I'm aksing 'cause I got a few main pieces (visor+bottom of the bill, top+back of the neck and sides, chin). The paper helmet seems so fragile I'm almost afraid to glue it together...afraid I'll mash it up somehow.

I go from the chin just because it's easier to glue the small pieces first than last but structurally speaking, at the end of the build I don't think it matters. Somebody may correct me but it's never made a difference to me doing other similar papercraft.

im very new with all this but my freind makes props in the 501st stormtrooper and were both thinking bout makeing one other than the paper does it print up from a special printer or just a house hold printer? And is there one for ODST's? :D

apologies in advanced if i break any rules very new with this stuff lol

:D Im glad I finally Found a way to get some actual soon to be good looking armor :) :) :)
Theres a downside to mine though =[
I gotta buy a printer lol.
but after that im good =] then ill be moving on :D :D
Im glad I came across this site :D

i did my first print today and got

a part of development may not fit into printable area Adjust scale? Yes or No o_O i hit yes though should i have hit No?

They really should give a 'Cancel' option, that's happened to me a bunch of times too. Clicking 'Yes' screws up to the scale but 'No' will probably run you pieces off of the page. To avoid that error make suer the paper size is correct under 'Print and Paper Configuration..." if your paper is 8.5"x11" use letter; the default setting is probably A4 though letter is more common in North America. You may have to rearrange pieces after setting paper size. If you haven't cut it up you can reuse your paper- just print on the other side.

I just wanted to say that this site is awesome! I finished my pepakura armor (I cut a few corners, literally) in time for Halloween. My family, friends, and co-workers loved it. I walked around in Waikiki, people yelled from their cars and stopped me for a picture. One guy was so excited he ran across the street and almost got run over. I'll be posting some pictures on my personal blog in the next couple of days. Thank you for an awesome site!

I had problems doing a few things in the beginning, but I found all my answers by using the search function on the site. I kinda had problems searching because I didn't know what some items were called, but eventually I found all my answers.

Keep up the great work!

Much Mahalos (Much Thanks)

Dude, thankyou. I've been looking into making/buying a Mjolnir costume for months, as a follow up to my Optimus Prime costume, as well as several other, more fabric and shop bought prop costumes. This is going to really help.
Just wondering, when you say if you want to use it WITH cardboard or other materials, do you stick it onto the card then cut it out and fold? (I may be wrong, but im presuming its a folding thing, I haven't started it yet, and wont untill I know exactly what I'm doing) Also, if I do make it from card, what is a good way to re-inforce it all so it doesnt just die after a few times worn?
Sorry if any of this is already covered in other threads, I'm scanning the boards right now just before I go to bed, so I'm not totally awake and aware and I don't have the time (today anyway...) to look through all the threads thoroughly.
Thanks again.

This is awesome. I cut down a 20 page helm file in HALF.

But I wasn't able to save it that way... Guess you need to purchase the Pepakura Designer for that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back