Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the same files! (But I got them somewhere else) :rolleyes
I traced the parts off my screen and it fit rather well (although I needed to modify it slightly so my large head could fit in, seriously, my brother is a foot taller than me, and we have the same hat size!)

Great tutorial it helped me alot last time i tried to print of a mc helmet it printed out like 10000 pages of dots. Thats when i drew it myself

I don't know if anybody has asked this before:

I've Got the Pepakura files, got them scaled, and am ready to print.
The problem is: My Mother's pissed about the use of printing ink and I fear she won't let me, cuz it's her printer.
I could be off to the copy shop and print it there, on hard paper; but as far as I know, you can only print from Pepakura directly.
(The Shop wouldn't let me install pepakura to the computers there)

My Question: Is there any way to transform the pepakura printing files to Ms word?

so then I've got a word document, scaled to me, which I can take there and easily print.

Thanks

Chip475 said:
I don't know if anybody has asked this before:

I've Got the Pepakura files, got them scaled, and am ready to print.
The problem is: My Mother's pissed about the use of printing ink and I fear she won't let me, cuz it's her printer.
I could be off to the copy shop and print it there, on hard paper; but as far as I know, you can only print from Pepakura directly.
(The Shop wouldn't let me install pepakura to the computers there)

My Question: Is there any way to transform the pepakura printing files to Ms word?

so then I've got a word document, scaled to me, which I can take there and easily print.

Thanks

Can't you save Pepakura designer on a flash card? If your mom got mad about the ink, then why did she let you download it in the first place?

Just tell her that you'll buy her some new ink, and no harm is done on the printer. Plus if you go to the printing shop, they won't let you put Cardstock in the part where you put paer in. They'd might get mad unless they're nice people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip475 said:

Yes. In Designer 2, go to File --> Export Development --> BMP File per Sheet. This will produce one .bmp pic of the unfolded pattern per page which you can copy and paste onto MS document. If you're using Designer 3, got to File --> Export --> BMP File per Sheet and then proceed as usual as I have outlined for Designer 2.

erm... Im really brand new to this and im confused bout the paper settings step... Yes i really am that new and great job on the tutorial hopefully ill be making my first peice of armor soon

and sorry if i somehow made an error lol

Yeah, i guess they won't let me print on cardstock...
Also, if I take away the grey and end up just with the lines, the consumption of ink will be minimized.
I'll tell her that the printer will be just fine printing cardstock, and that I will pay the paper and
get the next ink-bill.

Thanks both of you!

lil' help, when i try to scale the armor it can only go up to 20 cm, i need it to be larger, please help

edit: nevermind actualy thought 2000 mm was 20 cm ha

dragon spartan said:
lil' help, when i try to scale the armor it can only go up to 20 cm, i need it to be larger, please help
That doesn't right. Which file and Designer version are you using? Also, describe exactly what you did.

Im a total noob at this, but if you do not scale the armor, what size will it make? Its set to 30 whatever it is, so how big would this make it? Im still working on figuring out how big I need to make the pieces to have them wearable. Ive tried 3 helmets now that dont fit, because they are too small. Ive got back surgery come up and will be laid up for a while and not on the computer, so I think Im jsut going to print off the default scale armor pieces and make the armor, so I have something to do, just didnt know how big it would make it.

Also, maybe Im retarted, but what is the measurement pepakura gives you, at the bottom of the screen. I think its CMs, but Im not sure.

Thanks, Bubba

bubbabobv1 said:
Im a total noob at this, but if you do not scale the armor, what size will it make?
It depends on the file. Sometimes, the unfolder sets it to MC's body dimensions and sometimes it's set to some value more appropriate to us mortals.

Also, maybe Im retarted, but what is the measurement pepakura gives you, at the bottom of the screen. I think its CMs, but Im not sure.
In Version 2, it's HxWXD in cm. In Version 3, it's HxWxD in mm.

Ok, thanks a lot for the help. I think Im going to have to just start messing about with pepakura to get the right size because I cant get the right scale figured out, but I wasnt sure what the measurement was. Ill just have to measure myself and play with it till its big enough. Unless anyone have other suggestions because the scaling thread idea doesnt work for me. Ive made 3 diffent helmets based on height and they dont fit and a chest that should ahve been way too big, but it didnt fit either.

Ral Partha said:
That doesn't right. Which file and Designer version are you using? Also, describe exactly what you did.
i thought 2000 mm was 20 cm

hi this is a great tutorial and it has helped me with my first model
but i have a question i was trying to print out a model to make and the printer stops half way threw every single time anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

thanks it helped alot :cool: im now up to fibreglassing the whole thing realising i shouldve resined then fibreglassed the pieces one by one :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back