Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I am beyond new to this, so please don't be too upset with my stupidity here. However, I cannot get the links for the files to work (i.e. the file for the helmet won't download). Can I get a hand please?

Ok, so this might be a really stupid question, but if I want to make say an EOD Helmet instead of the Master Chief helmet, it'll still come out right if I follow the tutorial, right?

Ok, so this might be a really stupid question, but if I want to make say an EOD Helmet instead of the Master Chief helmet, it'll still come out right if I follow the tutorial, right?

Yes. This tutorial just covers how the software works and that is completely model-independent.

I download the link for the armor but when I go to open it in the file in designer it says there is nothing. What might I be doing wrong?

so id like to use pre-existing files but would like to resize to fit me how would i go about doing that in the pepakara viewer?
thanks

-Joel

That jedifraz link doesn't work.

Yeah, they're dead. May I direct your attention to the posts right above yours?

so id like to use pre-existing files but would like to resize to fit me how would i go about doing that in the pepakara viewer?

In Pepakura Viewer you wouldn't go about doing that at all, because the Viewer lets you do just that: View. That's why it's free.

What you need is Pepakura Designer, which comes as a free trial version without saving capability (decide for yourself if you want to buy it to get that function). There, you can change the scale in the 2D menu.
Please check the numerous tutorials and existing questions for what size to enter, in case you're having problems with that.

Need some help, I did everything the tutorial said to do and whenever I try to print the pep files. It'll only print one of them and then stop. Any suggestions?

Need some help, I did everything the tutorial said to do and whenever I try to print the pep files. It'll only print one of them and then stop. Any suggestions?

It will only print one PAGE...and then stop? I assume that's what you mean? And the printer itself isn't displaying any errors? Can you try printing it... to a file? (Windows' print options usually offer that option.) I'm assuming the item disappears from the Windows print queue for the printer after you try to print? Will other items that you try to print AFTER the pep file (without you powering the printer down or doing anything in-between items) print successfully?

DR4296

Quote Originally Posted by SWPixy View Post
It will only print one PAGE...and then stop? I assume that's what you mean? And the printer itself isn't displaying any errors? Can you try printing it... to a file? (Windows' print options usually offer that option.) I'm assuming the item disappears from the Windows print queue for the printer after you try to print? Will other items that you try to print AFTER the pep file (without you powering the printer down or doing anything in-between items) print successfully?

Yes correct, it'll only print one page and stop. And even then it doesn't even print the whole patter, it'll give me at most 2 lines and thats about it. No the printer isn't displaying any errors. As for printing it to a file, haven't tried it but I will try. Yes the disa[[ear from the print queue after I try to print. A window pops up saying the number of pages to be printed and it tells me its printing them but after that, the window disappears and it prints the line. I tried printing a Microsoft word document and it did it fine on the 110lb Cardstock. And yes it lets me print other documents and files without being powered down. Thanks in advance.

Yes correct, it'll only print one page and stop. And even then it doesn't even print the whole patter, it'll give me at most 2 lines and thats about it. No the printer isn't displaying any errors. As for printing it to a file, haven't tried it but I will try. Yes the disa[[ear from the print queue after I try to print. A window pops up saying the number of pages to be printed and it tells me its printing them but after that, the window disappears and it prints the line. I tried printing a Microsoft word document and it did it fine on the 110lb Cardstock. And yes it lets me print other documents and files without being powered down. Thanks in advance.

Well, that certainly sounds like the problem is something with that specific file... like maybe there's something in it that the printer driver doesn't like. Perhaps you could try adjusting (in Pepakura designer) your Print and Paper Options. If you've got "bitmap" selected, try switching to "vector". Also, the very bottom option says "Bitmap resolution". You could try lowering that.

Did what you said to do, It gave me a little bit of a pattern but not much. About half of a piece. Would it be the printer that has a problem with printing it? It's an HP Officejet Pro 8500 a909g.

Did what you said to do, It gave me a little bit of a pattern but not much. About half of a piece. Would it be the printer that has a problem with printing it? It's an HP Officejet Pro 8500 a909g.

That printer is new enough that it certainly should be able to handle that. Other than maybe swapping-out the cable, I'm out of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back