Attending

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I absolutely want to go, and I'm going to see if I can pull someone I enjoy hanging out with from Midwest Regiment in Ohio to come along. If I can do that, I'll officially say yes on the poll. But until then, it's a maybe. For me, it's only 2.5 hour drive which I can easily do. Just financially, I'm not sure. Also, Idk if I'm eligible to be Deployed yet. I almost was or could have been when I was in the Midwest Regiment, but now being a part of Colonial: not sure how it works to be official to get Deployed. I will update in the coming days if just me or both of us can go.
deployment isn't necessary to come to cons with the 405th, heck, you don't even need a costume haha. Hope to see you there!

So I absolutely want to go, and I'm going to see if I can pull someone I enjoy hanging out with from Midwest Regiment in Ohio to come along. If I can do that, I'll officially say yes on the poll. But until then, it's a maybe. For me, it's only 2.5 hour drive which I can easily do. Just financially, I'm not sure. Also, Idk if I'm eligible to be Deployed yet. I almost was or could have been when I was in the Midwest Regiment, but now being a part of Colonial: not sure how it works to be official to get Deployed. I will update in the coming days if just me or both of us can go.
In the Colonial Regiment deployment is not needed at all. you just show up to events and we get people taken care of. Repairs, introductions, or anything else. Also, If you want to bring any person along you are welcome to. We are actually going to have 2 midwest folks coming from Indiana as well. So just let me know yes or no. I would love to met you in person finally.

We are shaping up well for the con. I am only worried about small things this year at the booth and our weapon racks. We need to draw new members in and I'd love to take time to answer questions if we are not slammed. So please be sociable, answer questions, reassure they can make whatever suit or halo related "thing".

So key notes about the con and area:
-The biggest issue with this area is people second guess and compare everything. So telling them DFT is ok is good. or even a printed suit.
-Just key notes about the Elmira area. It is either simple cosplays or cloth. So use the soft costumes push even for the uniforms.
-Just smile and wave at the "overzealous" kids (I can explain in DM or in person.
-You can not teabag. (in the rules)
-Don't let them push our members out of images. Bring your fellow members into photos. People are kind of gatekeepy like that.
-Con staff will help us how ever
-Booth decoration should be small enough for the table top.

Booth:
-4 tables
-Most likely Serenko's banners and backdrop
-I will have table covers
-Try to keep the prop count under control I am only bringing the SPNKR, BR, and shotty. Benton188 please bring my pistol back lol
-Watch the props and booth stuff (kids be sneaky lol)
-I am bringing the Jazeware MC helmet. and Dark horse Statue, some pops, flags and jazeware figures. If you have printed decorations, swag, or statues you are welcome to do so.

Reminder. We sell nothing and if someone looks for commissions please tell them the forums has a marketplace to reach out to members for that.

The con this year will BE LOADED with vendors and lots of cool stuff. So please make sure you get time to take a break and explore the Con. Have fun and enjoy your time PLEASE!!!!

i want to go but i don't think my suit will be done by then and also i dont have a ride lol
Suits are never a huge point as long as you are helping as a handler. But the ride thing I get. If you can make it let us know!

Harri- Bring small props for the table
Me- Bringing the literal biggest prop I have. :lol:

Yes I will bring your pistol back
Benton.....this is you. it is like tell my no SPNKr. Not going to happen Sasha is a must. We jsut don't need 7 huge weapons in the rack.

So you're telling me to finish my M247?
.....Now you are testing me....my soft spot for big guns.......

Okay POC and officer verdict. Bring at you own discretion. Just let's not crowd the weapon rack up.

Other than that. Draw the new faces in.

.....Now you are testing me....my soft spot for big guns.......

Okay POC and officer verdict. Bring at you own discretion. Just let's not crowd the weapon rack up.

Other than that. Draw the new faces in.
Its aproximately 5 feet of unsanded prop, I'm not sure if I'll actually have the time for that lol. I'll need to talk to the foundry here at work to see if I can get steel bent for the tripod

Alright folks lets get down to the nitty gritty.

I would like a full list of what you are bring too the booth. So we can plan accordingly as I am about to ask about our booth spot.

Me:
-ODST and tote
-Sasha (Rocket launcher)
-Shotgun and BR
-funko pops
-Jazeware figs
-UNSC flags. (Thanks Robert)
-Table covers
-Tape
-Might make a sign for not for sale and do not touch for our toys and other things.
-Maybe my wire shelves

What we need:
I have spoken to Benton188 about the Banner and Weapon racks

JUST YOU AND A FUN TIMES

- 2 Weapon Racks
- Gravity Hammer
- Sniper Rifle
- Ghost
- 405th Flag
- Harri's Pistol
- 405th Business Cards/Dogtags
- Extension Cords
- My tote with my armor
Will we need any repair stuff? Hot glue, contact cement, duct tape, etc?

I'll have my spartan (Not bringing the ODST armor for this one)
- Lightrifle (Permitting its repaired in time)
- Nerf AR
- Plasma repeater
- Needle rifle
- ODST bucket

- 2 Weapon Racks
- Gravity Hammer
- Sniper Rifle
- Ghost
- 405th Flag
- Harri's Pistol
- 405th Business Cards/Dogtags
- Extension Cords
- My tote with my armor
Will we need any repair stuff? Hot glue, contact cement, duct tape, etc?
If you want a small repair kit go ahead. Cass and Shannon are in charge of the cosplay repair this year.

Load up! It is that time finally again.

Twin Tiers Comic Con 2022

Location: Arnot Event Center, 3300 Chambers Road South, Horseheads, NY 14845
When: November 12th and 13th
Time: 11-6 pm Saturday and 11-5 on Sunday

Facebook Page
Website

Setup is Friday time is yet to be determined.

Sadly with a lot going on in my house so I will not be able to host anyone this year.

But there is a group rate at the Country Inn behind the mall if you let them know you are with Twin Tiers.

Badges will be provided to our booth members.

So please sign up below
How do we get badges and sign up for the booth? Me and my Partner Nate from Midwest Regiment will be boots on ground. Do we call country inn or is there a code for online? Nate is the Purple Spartan in the image. This was our Halloween this year. So much fun. At the earliest, we’d be in the area by 7pm Friday. All day on Saturday and part of the day Sunday is our tentative schedule

Attachments

• D00F7181-B8D5-455D-AE4B-9817D968F1CA.jpeg
    D00F7181-B8D5-455D-AE4B-9817D968F1CA.jpeg
    506.7 KB · Views: 95
How do we get badges and sign up for the booth? Me and my Partner Nate from Midwest Regiment will be boots on ground. Do we call country inn or is there a code for online? Nate is the Purple Spartan in the image. This was our Halloween this year. So much fun. At the earliest, we’d be in the area by 7pm Friday. All day on Saturday and part of the day Sunday is our tentative schedule
We'll mark you down as attending and get you badges no worries. For the hotel to get the rate code you'll have to call in. Just tell them you're with Twin Tiers. Oh and, THAT NEEDLER IS FLIPPIN HUGE!!

We'll mark you down as attending and get you badges no worries. For the hotel to get the rate code you'll have to call in. Just tell them you're with Twin Tiers. Oh and, THAT NEEDLER IS FLIPPIN HUGE!!
Thanks Benton. I was so focused on the turret I forgot to respond. Normally you show up. We get vendor wrist bands (do not remove them) and so on. I am going to be busy this con with helping run a lot of the cosplay functions and what not. Just glad we got numbers.

OKAY! That time again all! Where so we want to eat? If you have food needs please let us know. Generally we go where there is steak, Benton *cough*.But, i can work out details later and this year i will call ahead!

Is Saturday night alright??

Awesome! Thank you very much. Sounds good on the hotel, I'll call and book ASAP. Yes that Needler is huge and Heavy! Wears down on arms fast. It does function somewhat, the needles go down and up when shooting/reloading. Really fun prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back