Twisting_Neather Custom Reach -FINISHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisting Neather

Hey guys... been a long time since I've actually shown any of my work. Mostly because every time i try to post pictures I get a little box instead... Well anyways, i think I finnaly figured out what changed and fixed my problem.

After a long time being absent mostly because of a new member added to my family, wow its great to be a dad, and a rough time with work I hanvet actuly done much as far as armor making. I have continued with it and got my wife to wear our set for a con here in Boise last year.

Well this is a WIP thread so I guess I should let you know what I've been up to.

I and a few other 405th members here in Boise have started work on a group project. Each of us are building custom reach sets to wear at Fandemonium this August. With only 82 days and 12 hours before the con, completing this project on time and with a high level of quality will not be easy. My goal is to have it finished 10 days before the con, so that I can perfect the strapping and padding as well as the "comfort" systems inside. (Fans, water, weight distribution ect.)

In the last few months of lurking on the forums I've snagged some really nice files to use, though as I build these do change. Of course so dose my choice of armor pieces so I wont bother with a vanity picture.

So far what I have built is:
Hand Plate by Ruze789x1
Biceps by Forgedreclaimer x2
Forearm by Rhinoc x1
"Scout" aka CQC shoulder by Ruze789
Thighs By Forgedreclaimer x2
Scout Helmet by Chevysrule
halo_reach__custom_multiplayer_by_edgezonecreations-d3g8so6.jpg

halo_reach__custom_multiplayer_by_edgezonecreations-d3g8ssc.jpg

Under Construction:

Armor AA
Spine Protector
Scout Helmet and Addon By Forgedraclaimer

As always I appreciate all comments and would love to answer any questions. Please feel free to provide constructive criticism of my work. I cant get any better if ya don't :)

Current Con Countdown: 56 days 13 hours

That looks really clean and sharp! What color schemes are you thinking for this? That is, if you get to that point lol. Good job and keep it up!

That looks really clean and sharp! What color schemes are you thinking for this? That is, if you get to that point lol. Good job and keep it up!

Right now I'm toying with a few different color ideas. I'l put them up for a vote after a get a few more parts finished.

A few paint ideas...

Bleached Bone and Blood Red
Bright white with Azure Blue
Dark Blue with gray
Black and Blue
Bright Blue and Orange (BSU colors GO BRONCOS!)
Forest green and tan

Still need to decide on a visor color as well of course that will depend on the armor color. I'll probably paint a few old halo 3 handplates and post some pictures next week.
Unlike most people i will not be spray painting/ air brushing. I love the control and look of a brush as well as the ability to mix and be creative in it application.

As for what I've been up to...
Torso is finished, started work on my left shoulder, UA/Multi Threat. I expect to finish it this evening then give my hands a break. It's been raining too much today for me to start the resin but it gives me a chance to work out the wiring for the lights.

For anyone who actually knows how to do wiring... I've never done any thing more sticking some prebuilt things into my helmet. I could use some tips on what kind of LEDs would work best for the indicator lights over the armor. I've been looking online as well for how to plan the circuits but it just inst clicking for me. Tips from experience members would be greatly appreciated on this part.

As this will be my 5th set of armor, I hope my lines are crisp and my parts look good, otherwise I woudl worry about the quality of my older sets!

Oh I also just bought the base for my under suit. Foam should be being shipped today as well. Things will start to happen very quickly once my supplies arrive :D

hey tried to respond to your pm, apparently you havent enabled your pms. you can email me at hosar21@yahoo.com
I dont know why it isnt working in enabled them yesterday... anyways email sent

As for progress I have a few more pics to add
halo_reach__custom_multiplayer_by_edgezonecreations-d3gkm79.jpg

I left out the extra around the neck and sides for now, I'll be adding them later in foam. I may put them in though to help with the support while I resin it though.

here are my shoulders
halo_reach__custom_multiplayer_by_edgezonecreations-d3gkmrp.jpg

I think that the CQC might be a little too small but I wont decide until after I have them on the biceps next to the Torso.

I'm breaking out the paints this evening to test some colors, wish me luck.

EDIT: Quick update on the paints, I was nearly finished withe the Bone and Blood, was about to apply a clear gloss coat. Turned out it wasn't a clear coat but a High Gloss Black.... Some times you want to kill the jerk that was swapping your caps.Pics of trial colors later tonight, after I clean it all up. ugh.

Not much progress as of y last update, I finished my paint samples and hated most of them. I did decide on the colors but its going to be a secret. Heres a little hint though, I bought a red visor for this armor.

As a progress update Shoulders and biceps are resined, I think my resin's gone bad though, i went out to check on them and the extra resin in the bowl had developed a gooey skin on top leaving the rest uncured. also its changed colors from the last time i've used it. On the bright side after 2 days almost all of it has cured so I think my parts will be alright, bought some new resin, going to give it another coat to see if that solves the weirdness of my blue resin.

Shameless self bump here as I've been too busy working on my armor to be posting...
halo_reach__custom_multiplayer_by_edgezonecreations-d3ihwu5.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality image, my cell phones the only camera I own. Fixed my problem with the resin, a coat of the newer one cleared it all up. as for my progress the armor is looking rather nice all together, it will look better once the dummy under it is finished.

Special thanks again to ForgedReclaimer and Ruze as they are responsible for almost ever file that I will be using.

I still cant decide on what forearm I should use,

Hey, I don't know how you plan on doing your dummy, but if you plan on using the duct tape method, you can get big rolls from the D&B by my house for like $3.50.

Thanks man I already have all the tape i need. what I seem to be missing is something to stuff it with. I personally prefer old newspaper, but with the new recycling in Boise that's actually hard to come by now.

Well while working on my shins I realized that my freakishly huge calves are going to be a slight problem. I need to open up the back by at least an inch for it to have any chance of fitting right.

Dummy's legs are made, I'll need a hand from a friend to make the rest of him. Probably do it sometime this weekend. Expect my next update to be sometime Friday or Sat. I'll post more pictures on the parts then.

Well I got it finished unfortunately I didn't take many more pictures during its construction due to the crisis my life seemed to demand. Anyways here is a picture of the "finished"
armor I wore. I won the "Most Heroic" category and received second place for craftsmanship. Let me know what ya guys think. I'll post more pictures as I manage to find what people were taking at the Con.

finished_reach_armor_by_edgezonecreations-d45t4pf.jpg

Your right XD

What can i say it was a long three days at the con.
That would explain why they felt so differnt from earlier lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back