Two finished Mark VI armor sets ready for the Fall of Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Awesome, epic, cool, whatever words you wanna use, those pics are DA BOMBS!!! More????

Maybe not completely finished...

Well, we decided to add some lights. 1 suit down, 1 to go. The lights look brighter in the photos then they actually are.

Sorry for the poor quality photos, I took them with my iphone and the lighting in the basement is pretty bad.

4949665752_93669668db.jpg

4949663462_c6ebc387ff.jpg

4949667394_c011696443.jpg

4949080239_ddd232f3ea.jpg

4949669748_ee48a04af9.jpg

Holy cow. You guys rock! Very nice work. And lights, too? Fantastic! Top notch work. Glad to see people who can just dive right on in and make awesome stuff right off the bat with the techniques from the community. You guys have any future costuming projects you have plans for yet?

I'd say I'll start up another new project later in the fall. It would be cool to have some Reach armor pieces. But before I start another armor set I'm going to have to build a weapon. Just not sure which one yet.

Guys it's beautiful, you went ahead and made DaVinci wet his pants at this marvel, and he's dead. What kinda construction did you use? and you might want to think about using some green lights to highlight you base color with :D

Love every bit of it! I'm not sure if I missed it, but do you have other builds planned?

By the way, look at all the Halo figures!

Looking Fantastic! Hoping that my chest piece turns out as nice!

cheers!

Excuse me while i pick my jaw off the floor. Heres hoping my suit turns out this bad ass.

On a side note, what you use for visors those a very nice.

Thanks again for the feedback guys.

Great job you two! Question: are you two twins? (when your not in armor)

LOL, no we are not twins.

Guys it's beautiful, you went ahead and made DaVinci wet his pants at this marvel, and he's dead. What kinda construction did you use? and you might want to think about using some green lights to highlight you base color with :D

LOL...DaVinci wet his pants.

We pepp'd, fiberglassed and bondoed both suits.

I thought about the green lights, but really liked the blue ones.

Love every bit of it! I'm not sure if I missed it, but do you have other builds planned?

By the way, look at all the Halo figures!

I'm thinking about building some Reach armor later on.

Excuse me while i pick my jaw off the floor. Heres hoping my suit turns out this bad ass.

On a side note, what you use for visors those a very nice.

Here is the link to the site where we ordered the visors from. The gold one is $30.59 each. My brother used two of them so he could get the embossed look. I just made mine work from the scraps he cut out. :)

http://www.compacc.com/p/HJC-AC-3-CL-33-Optional-Shield-HJ-11/1205003

4957767046_3c46c3bce8.jpg

What did you guys use to cut the visors with?

We cut the visors using a dremel with a cutting disk. If your cutting one make sure you tape both sides of the visor off with masking tape. It helps protect the visor a little just in case you slip, but it can still be cut through so be care full. After it was cut out we took a small file and cleaned up the rough edges and tight corners that we couldn't get with the dremel.

Well, we got the lights in the other suit and went out and got a few more photos. We did add some stripes to the armor but we haven't suited up since then so I don't have pics of them yet. I'll post some of those pics from what ever we take at the Mid-Night release.

4978183550_ed3cdf988a_z.jpg

4978182424_32135e6348_z.jpg

4977571895_866436326d_z.jpg

This one was a little blurry, but I thought it looked cool...

4978179488_9a2e829892_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back