Ultimate Iron Man Thread Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
got it downloaded looks great a little complicated on the unfold but still very cool I'll be waiting for more, great job sharkhead!

timecon said:
got it downloaded looks great a little complicated on the unfold but still very cool I'll be waiting for more, great job sharkhead!
Woo! tim-e-con (lol), been waitin to see ya on this thread again ^^
sorry for the unfold, I suck doin that >__>
Heads up to-all there are a few strange parts, but they can easily be worked around. Unfortunately they were glitches when exporting and I didn't notice till I unfolded the whole thing. I have the whole chest and back put together and it was fairly easy despite what it looks like. Neck is unfolded but due to its..... strange nature I will wait to assemble it before I make it available for download (about 5% chance it wont be wearable =\). Working on unfolding the ab plates and modeling the shoulder bells. Should be done by tomorrow
Pictures of assembled and primed helmet, neckplate, chest and back will come tomorrow- dont have a camera at the moment
Thanks to all for the enthusiasm and support ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
sharkhead7854 said:
Neck is unfolded but due to its..... strange nature I will wait to assemble it before I make it available for download (about 5% chance it wont be wearable =\)
:)

Run into a snag
Really need suggestions
Unfortunately I don't have a camera available for pics yet but I can't put the abs up for download BECAUSE....
the cod peice forms to the shape of the abs. So does this mean that the abs shouldnt be able to rotate around in it? Because that raises the problem that any stress on it could break because it would be a really big solid piece.....
help would be appreciated!

sharkhead7854 said:
Run into a snag
Really need suggestions
Unfortunately I don't have a camera available for pics yet but I can't put the abs up for download BECAUSE....
the cod peice forms to the shape of the abs. So does this mean that the abs shouldnt be able to rotate around in it? Because that raises the problem that any stress on it could break because it would be a really big solid piece.....

Try to think of it the way Stormtrooper armor is segmented. I have owned suits where the cod and ab plate were one piece. As long as youre not trying to do super dynamic poses it looks fine for standing photos. If need be you can always find a seperation line and split the pieces where the join could then be simply reinforced with elastic so they still butt up but have flex.

sharkhead7854 said:
Run into a snag
Really need suggestions

edit...accidental double post

only problem with casting is that I heard it costs hundreds of dollars.
at the moment I only have $500 flat because I won a drawing contest and I don't know how much I'll need for the suit
some members here say that theirs cost $300+ to make

As long as youre not trying to do super dynamic poses it looks fine for standing photos
I wouldn't have a problem with photos, but I gotta walk around in it XD

Here is a picture of TMP's ab plate. Hopefully this helps!
IMG_3399.jpg

I think I have an idea, why not make it as one piece, then put some kind of bearings in it, that way it turns if you want it to, I'm not sure how to put it, I'll draw Sharkhead a diagram at school.

Sorry to derail the abdomen conversation, but has the helmet already been scaled? My head is somewhat large, and I would like to know if it needs to be rescaled before I waste a lot of ink and paper.

Yeah, sorry I had lots of final exam studying to do ^^"
today was my last day of school, now that I'm into summer vacation I plan on making some uber rapid progress on the 3d/pep files and pics.

Well because of the final exams mentioned earlier I haven't made much progress but so far I have parts of the legs and codpiece modeled. As far as building I'm just about in the same place I've been, helmet almost done and the chest/back pieces pepped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back