Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metallic Blue

• White and Black

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so I just finished some bondoing and dremeling. All ready for sanding morrow. Thanks again everyone. And um... I want constructive criticism thanks much.

Aftermath of last nights glassing/sanding the glass
mc_helmet198.jpg

mc_helmet199.jpg

mc_helmet200.jpg

mc_helmet201.jpg

mc_helmet202.jpg

Continued...

mc_helmet211.jpg

mc_helmet212.jpg

mc_helmet213.jpg

mc_helmet214.jpg

mc_helmet215.jpg

mc_helmet216.jpg

mc_helmet217.jpg

mc_helmet218.jpg

mc_helmet219.jpg

Sorry for the boat load, but I had to. Um again I want any and all constructive criticism. Thanks.
O and morrow if I have time I will sand and put up more pics of progress.

how are you applying the bondo? Don't you have a putty knife scraper thing?

I'm applying the bondo with a small 1 inch plastic putty knife. It works pretty well for getting in all those small nooks and crannes. Hopefully I'll have time today to sand it down, then then sand the detailing grooves. So they are nice and smooth and have no paper fragments sticking out. I'll update tonite, if possible.

Wow very nice so far, how long did it take you to make this so far? Looks like a frankenstien right now but I can see that it will be sweet after the sanding/painting. You should add some form of logo. Maybe yellow stripping too. I don't know though it is definately up in the air still.

my only suggestion is that you apply the bondo like you would apply frosting to a cake. long spreads rather than blobs. and then after doing that, use a body file (commonly called a Cheese Grater at body shops) to take down excess bondo before it cures. you will be amazed at how much easier the stuff is to work with when you do it that way.

optimusaint said:
my only suggestion is that you apply the bondo like you would apply frosting to a cake. long spreads rather than blobs. and then after doing that, use a body file (commonly called a Cheese Grater at body shops) to take down excess bondo before it cures. you will be amazed at how much easier the stuff is to work with when you do it that way.

Man I wish you would have told me this earlier. I would say that I've put in at least 25-30 hours into a pep helms (this includes drying time and my first pep helm that was too small). I don't know about an emblem, I have no clue what I would do, and I was going for an MC green for Midnight Madness, but I was thinking about changing it after the launch. Well heres an update I only got a couple of hours to sand but the top is nice and smooth now. It's a rather small update compared to the others. Again criticism is appreciated.

A wee bit more bondo
mc_helmet220.jpg

mc_helmet221.jpg

mc_helmet222.jpg

mc_helmet223.jpg

mc_helmet224.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Continued...

After sanding the top
mc_helmet225.jpg

mc_helmet226.jpg

mc_helmet227.jpg

mc_helmet228.jpg

mc_helmet229.jpg

mc_helmet230.jpg

mc_helmet231.jpg

Thanks again everyone. I "want" criticism... I'll try to sand some more marrow, and does anyone know what size of a HJC visor to get? Cause I don't want to buy one off ebay then find out it doesn't fit. Cause I need to buy one ASAP if its ever going to get to me on time.

Hey so I finally got my visor and I thought of a way to get those ridges. I'm going to cut out the raised design on 15 pages or so of card stock. I'll cut them out making them smaller every page. Then I will bend it to the contour of the visor and glue all the pages together. Then I will attach to the visor. After that I will cover the paper in gold leaf/foil. O and my helm is starting to take on its final shape, sanding should be done soon.

Me wearing helm with non attached visor
mc_helmet232.jpg

mc_helmet233.jpg

After Sanding with machine palm sander
mc_helmet234.jpg

mc_helmet235.jpg

mc_helmet236.jpg

mc_helmet237.jpg

mc_helmet238.jpg

mc_helmet239.jpg

mc_helmet240.jpg

mc_helmet242.jpg

Continued...

After sanding with visor non attached
mc_helmet253.jpg

mc_helmet254.jpg

mc_helmet255.jpg

Hopefully I'll have time to finish sanding tomorrow. O does anyone know what to attach the visor with. I "want" constructive criticism, thanks much. L8rs Peace out.

The only answer for that I've ever heard around here is "black silicon." I have no idea what it is but I hope it helps.

Ok its looking good, the only problem is your putting on the bondo WAY to thickly, your supposed to build up in layers not blob it all on. The way you did it itl take AGES to sand and the results wont be as good. But yeah nice work! :lol:

Well hopefully it doesn't take ages. I sanded most the big stuff down with a palm sander, so there is mostly dremel and hand sanding work left to be done. But it should, no WILL be done in the next two days, especially sense the weekend is almost upon us. So I can have time to paint and add visor and inside guts. I'll update tonight if I have time to work on me helm.

If your not set on a color you can try dark yellow. Nobody has done that yet.

You can also try colors that the army uses. Like make it desert camo, that would look pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back