Status
Not open for further replies.

Haydenator

Hey everyone! Was wondering if there were anything I could wear underneath the foam bits and such to glue thing to. I was looking at morph suits or spandex suits and it seems there may be a problem in my case so any help there would be A+ and also, are there any good sewing tutorials out there in case I need to sew? For reference I am making a MKII Rogue!

I could just wear compression shirt and pants and sew the netting or whatever material I find with honeycomb for their gel under-layer. Any suggestions there would work as well!

Attachments

• Halo The Master Chief Collection (8).png
    Halo The Master Chief Collection (8).png
    10.8 MB · Views: 277
  • Halo The Master Chief Collection (5).png
    Halo The Master Chief Collection (5).png
    13.3 MB · Views: 258
  • Halo The Master Chief Collection (4).png
    Halo The Master Chief Collection (4).png
    13 MB · Views: 266
  • Halo The Master Chief Collection (3).png
    Halo The Master Chief Collection (3).png
    14.2 MB · Views: 259
Hey everyone! Was wondering if there were anything I could wear underneath the foam bits and such to glue thing to. I was looking at morph suits or spandex suits and it seems there may be a problem in my case so any help there would be A+ and also, are there any good sewing tutorials out there in case I need to sew? For reference I am making a MKII Rogue!

I could just wear compression shirt and pants and sew the netting or whatever material I find with honeycomb for their gel under-layer. Any suggestions there would work as well!
how accurate of an under suit are you trying to get. I have seen some builds that get by with just a morph suit or a painted undersuit just fine. I have also seen under suits that use craft foam for the front details and that is it. @spidermonkey has a really great undersuit made with foam glued over an morphsuit. i spent many a hour sewing mine and i am not terribly happy with it and plan on making it better... it all depends on what works for you and how much you want to work on it.

these suits by impactprops are really good. the undersuit is very simple and works well. it is hust basic foam shapes(a cylinder) all the way around with craftfoam detail.
1580347001616.png

if i would recomend a way to make an undersuit, i would sew a basic one like how sarlume did, and then combine snap fasteners to add foam layers ontop of them. (Tutorial)Snap Fasteners. Seamless armor to under-suit attachment, with no sewing!

a perfect example of this is this build here by hector alfero (which funny enough he built the same suit). if I had to go back and redo my undersuit, this is how I would do it.

1580346521057.png

the image above isn't his finished product, but gives you a good idea on how he did it

how accurate of an under suit are you trying to get. I have seen some builds that get by with just a morph suit or a painted undersuit just fine. I have also seen under suits that use craft foam for the front details and that is it. @spidermonkey has a really great undersuit made with foam glued over an morphsuit. i spent many a hour sewing mine and i am not terribly happy with it and plan on making it better... it all depends on what works for you and how much you want to work on it.

these suits by impactprops are really good. the undersuit is very simple and works well. it is hust basic foam shapes(a cylinder) all the way around with craftfoam detail.
View attachment 283984

if i would recomend a way to make an undersuit, i would sew a basic one like how sarlume did, and then combine snap fasteners to add foam layers ontop of them. (Tutorial)Snap Fasteners. Seamless armor to under-suit attachment, with no sewing!

a perfect example of this is this build here by hector alfero (which funny enough he built the same suit). if I had to go back and redo my undersuit, this is how I would do it.

View attachment 283983
the image above isn't his finished product, but gives you a good idea on how he did it
You're a godsend sir

What dash said is sound, if you hate sewing (like me). I know Spidermonkey60 made his halo build undersuit with EVA. He then used e6000 glue to secure it to his undersuit (morphsuit) and used saran wrap to make it stick in place while it cured. He can correct me if I was wrong at all.
This is just an alternative to sewing on the undersuit I wanted to throw out there for you.

What dash said is sound, if you hate sewing (like me). I know Spidermonkey60 made his halo build undersuit with EVA. He then used e6000 glue to secure it to his undersuit (morphsuit) and used saran wrap to make it stick in place while it cured. He can correct me if I was wrong at all.
This is just an alternative to sewing on the undersuit I wanted to throw out there for you.
Exactly the process!

8275E9D6-28B8-401E-B059-5691CC5207EA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back