Soft Parts Underarmor? I think so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polar tech's suit "body Dry" line isn't exactly what you want. It'll keep you dry by wicking away the moisture and defeating your body's natural reflex to cool itself through sweat, meanwhile depositing the sweat onto the outside of the suit.

If you don't use a cooling vest too, you're gonna' be nasty and squishy wet.

I'm looking into chem cooling suits where your sweat is absorbed into little pellets that become gel and expand. The nice thing is that the gel is replacable and/or reusable, and gives back a STRONG cooling effect as it absorbs the sweat.

My initial thoughts are that since the gel/pellets are replaceable, it should be availible somewhere for us to add to whatever system we want to.

Meanwhile.. investigation into cast urethane underarmor has lead me to understand that you could cast the exposed outside areas in a strong yet soft semi-breathable flexible black urethane-like rubber that's availible, and attach an inside layer for stuffing lining with cooling gel pouches, perhaps made of the polar tech material.

Then you'd sweat and cool yourself and be a good match for the in game underarmor. You could even hide a backbrace to use as a girdle of sorts if it's all planned out right.

Only drawback is that unless I make it tailor-fit for myself, AND cast in one-piece, it won't go on like a pair of shorts. I'm thinking of using something similar to reinforced bra hooks that will attach the front to the back. Or, failing that, using lacing through grommets in a recess that's covered by a rubber flap (which then uses the bra hooks to go almost flat). The rubber I'm considering is a little stretchible, but I can't tell if my system would defeat some/all of that, or worse, if the stretched material does/doesn't return to a normal size afterwards (or would start flapping and sagging quickly).

I'm not real close to making all this happen though.. it's relatively new to me, and I'm still running the math and checking with the experts to ensure it'll work the way I think it will. I've recently had a setback that's going to delay the project, but when I'm up to a testing point, I'll be sure to do a WIP on it.

I was hoping to CNC the molds for it, but that's apparently not going to happen, and I have limited workspace/free time at the moment. I could probably go to Rob's shop, but that won't answer other issues.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
lol, nice i like to name objects and end them with "thingy" lol. Im not a hot glue user either, When i was in elementary school i got an entire melted stick drawn across one of my arms..... someone tried to write their name on me. It sucked mostly because I couldnt shake it off and I had to endure the pain till it cooled..... good times :cautious:
I had something like that happen to me. I accidentally put my right thumb right into a blob of fresh hot glue. Dayum that hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadguy said:
Polar tech's suit "body Dry" line isn't exactly what you want. It'll keep you dry by wicking away the moisture and defeating your body's natural reflex to cool itself through sweat, meanwhile depositing the sweat onto the outside of the suit.

If you don't use a cooling vest too, you're gonna' be nasty and squishy wet.

I definitely agree that the polartec fabric would not be best used alone, but in a moisture management system. That said, the polarec is FAR superior to spandex for use in under armor.

id say for the base i would go for some Underarmour. its like spandex but it allowes your body to breathe i wear it under my hockey equpment and it has so ment breatability i freeze out there its like im not wearnig anyhting.:p

loln i hadent noticed the date i was searching for something lol and foiund this , guess i shoulda checked the date before posting :p

rvb18 said:
if im corect there is no such thing as necro posts in the under suit forums

Whether there is or isn't, his post definitely merits some recognition. That is epic.

I am atually usin the same under suit for my Ironman it is absolutely wonderful though i found out the hard way it is to revealing to wear as the comic style punishers suit I looked like a gay power ranger lol

I have to say it was rather embarasing to walk around wally world in a spandex punisher suit with my junk all hanging out and white combat boots white gloves white holster white skull black body suit not a pretty picture I will tell you that and I know it was on the front page of my newspaper in the town it happened in.

Vampyredh said:
I am atually usin the same under suit for my Ironman it is absolutely wonderful though i found out the hard way it is to revealing to wear as the comic style punishers suit I looked like a gay power ranger lol

Which suit, exactly?

Wow. As if building the armor isn't hard enough, then we all have to tackle the under suit.

I look forward to the best solution that the forum has to offer, and if I find the answer, I will let you all know.

Not sure if you all have seen the undersuit molded project, but you should check it out HERE.

Just don't Necro the thing, please.

Black Rose, keep up the inspirational work.

LukeTrocity said:
I'm curious about all the velcro hating going on! I used industrial strength velcro and have zero issues with it so far.

i like ur avatar, nice helmet!

Re: Underarmor? I think so!

CSanto98 You may want to check dates before replying/posting a comment. This thread is 3 months shy of 6 years old........if they haven't found what they are looking for yet......they might have moved on. Necro posting is frowned upon here as it pushes more recent and more relevant posts down the list. Thanks and welcome to the 405th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back