Undersuit Halo Reach (wip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
base1-Copy.png

Got the new lines up. Will start work on the helmet if this design is ok.

Attachments

• base1-Copy.png
    base1-Copy.png
    14 KB · Views: 179
40214970431.jpg

Sorry for the late update, college has been keeping me busy. Carter Helmet, color key on the right, full figure currently stands 5cm.

Attachments

• 40214970431.jpg
    40214970431.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 137
Wow Shadowind, image is looking fantastic ! Thinking about printing out and testing the lighting. The white areas will print clear, so I will use a tracing paper diffuser between the blue LEDs and the printed image.

Glenn, did you still want to do the membrane switch thing? Shadowind, the idea is that micro switches and lights are placed behind the printed image. Spartan figure lights up depending on what is turned on. The switches are placed to the right of the spartan figure. The printed image is flexible so people can press a spot on the image which presses the switch underneath.

Remember that circuit picture I posted a few pages back? That is what will be under the printed image. The square parts drawn are the four switches.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30092-Undersuit-Halo-Reach-(wip)?p=490723#post490723

Edit: I haven't ordered that circuit board yet, so I am still open to re-arranging lights and switches as needed.

It's a nice idea, but you need a base for the detail for the 'undersuit'. For my Halo 3 undersuit, I'm not going to add the details (unless I absolutely need to). I bought a lycra spandex bodysuit off ebay. Make sure that you ask for detachable gloves, feet, and headmask.
-(they are made in China folks..so it's rought $30 for the price AND shipping pending on who you by it from..they're the bases that are used to Sentai (or Power Ranger) suits. VERY comfortable but they are body hugging..so make sure you send the right body measurements.)

Printing the graphic and testing the lights is on my todo list, send me an email to remind me if I forget.

Well, I must admit, it sounds great. I would definitely look into doing this, to make my armor more realistic in the Halo sense.

Also, you should make a Photobucket account. it would be much easier to upload photos and show them on here. That way everyone that wants to see your work doesn't have to download a bunch of pics. ^_^

Anyways keep up the great work. :D

Small update. Got some boards in for the tacpad electronics. Still would like to assemble a few of these as a proof of concept.

5527349214_2efa0074b4.jpg
Tacpad board by thatdecade, on Flickr

Attachments

• 5527349214_2efa0074b4.jpg
    5527349214_2efa0074b4.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 153
I am coordinating with two other 405th members to try to finish this build.

What needs to be done still. From my perspective, it is pretty much finished.
  1. Fold / Sculpt the Carter Arm Attachment
  2. Print Transparent Graphic Screen Overlay
  3. Attach and label the suit quick-disconnect pigtail

is there a preferred PEP? Id love to assist. i can get started but im concerned a bit with scaling for the most "users" point me in the right direction and ill fire

I am coordinating with two other 405th members to try to finish this build.

What needs to be done still. From my perspective, it is pretty much finished.
  1. Fold / Sculpt the Carter Arm Attachment
  2. Print Transparent Graphic Screen Overlay
  3. Attach and label the suit quick-disconnect pigtail

The only problem being, there are many different versions of the forearm, but only one tacpad attachment. I myself have my own version of the forearm, and I'm in the process of getting the tacpad designed to fit it. Also what you run into is a size issue. With different scale arms, you will need different scale attachments, along with different size boards to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back