Undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilych

So I've decided to start building my suit from the skin out, and that means recreating master chief's undies.......or something like that.

Anyway...

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on materials to use. What's worked best for you?

I know BlueRealm custom-made his using some rubber and upholstery leather... you could PM him about that, but I doubt he'd tell you. There's also an undersuit subforum in which you can look.

There's a pretty insightful sticky tutorial in the molded armor section about using hot glue to make molded peices that hasn't been experimented with too much. But it is a very interesting and very cheap way to make molded parts for the undersuit. Now if only somebody would make an underarmor pep file :rolleyes Anyway good luck, the undersuit seems like a logical place to start. :)

I've seen people use foamies to make small pieces for different costumes. I think I remember someone saying they sealed it up with a water/glue mixture so they could paint it. Might be something to try out. Foamies are quite cheap.

Well, I did some quick searching on the internet, and found a picture someone had drawn up of a complete undersuit, and how it's supposed to look with the armor. In fact, I'm willing to bet this guy was or is a part of this group. I'm not sure - I found it on a Google search. (anyone know Tsuyosa?)

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the "ideal" material? I was thinking Spandex of some sort, or maybe use swimming suit materials (black and dark grey). The only problem is that stretch materials require a special type of sewing machine, and that is expensive to say the least? Will non-stretch fabrics work too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back