Unknown Filmmaker From Uruguay Gets $30M...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Hollywood sure is getting desperate... do we really need another one of these films?

It's actually closer to $60 million, he got 30 million british pounds, and one pound is almost 2 dollars.

Why can't they just use that money for a Halo movie. Sigh.......

Sangheili811 said:
It's actually closer to $60 million, he got 30 million british pounds, and one pound is almost 2 dollars.

Why can't they just use that money for a Halo movie. Sigh.......

Did the math, it's about $50,000,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost147 said:
Wow, Hollywood sure is getting desperate... do we really need another one of these films?

No, but it WOULD be nice not to deny a blossoming director a shot at the big leagues.

It is funny that the Halo movie just keeps getting denied left and right, but they pick up everything else at the drop of a hat.

wow messed... but then again alot of random stuff has been way way over done reused as of lately.. the short video he had reminded me of cloverfeild... anyone else think thats why its beeing made?

For a $500 short film, that was actually not bad. Nice to know Hollywood isn't restricted from new talent.

And the reason Halo keeps getting shot down is because it's very difficult to go from the first person or RTS point of view into a movie narrative that flows well and still appeals to the fanbase and others as well. Also keep in mind that any directors looking at the reception of the Halo Legends shorts is naturally going to be on the fence about it.

Lord of Midgard said:
well according to xe.com 30,000,000.00 GBP = 48,777,000.90 USD.

Yeah, I got just about that, and rounded it up to $50,000,000.

I kind of hope OC goes that way - I bust my chops on a hopefully well written and executed effects feature, and someone gives me a ton of money to do a paid big effects action movie. A long shot, but hope springs eternal.

No one should feel bad about this - if anything, everyone should be happy that an ingenuitive film maker is getting a chance instead of just someone who knows a ton of other people and is dumped in the hotseat of some big property, does a mediocre job but gets work for the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back