Unsc/sierra,s Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
o_o

Best sniper I've seen to date.

Keep it up and it will be in the Elite section soon enough!

Moved to Weapons and Props.

-Doom

Very nice! It's looking great.

I too would put money forward if you decided you wanted to learn to cast/cast this master piece in progress!

Holy cow!!! That's the best sniper I've ever seen! Can't wait to see this baby when it's finished. I wish I was that talented... :oops: Hey, I also have a question to ask you (UNSC/Sierra117), so hit me up when you have time. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
SWEET!!! Now THAT deserves Elite. Is it at full scale, or have you scaled it down to you're size?

Once again, AWSOME work!

Um as I did not realy have a scale image, most of it is just quess work, it feels and looks pretty much right but yeah im not to sure as to what the scale is, sorry. Lol when I started it, my printer wasn't working, so just to get me going, I actualy used the bloody tiny picture in the Halo 3 instruction book that comes with the game, up untill builing the triger, thats what I used.

cheers for the aswome comments, makes me realy want to continue working on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updates.

Just put the Kick Legs on.

Image0112.jpg

Image0122.jpg

Image0132.jpg

Still a little bit of detail missing in the legs, but I will most likely do the tomorrow.

amazing...I can't wait to see it done.
The sniper is one of my favorite weapons in halo 3. Would be awesome to have.

DAMM thats amazing amount of detail for wood! excellent work btw r u going to mold it because it will be very heavy when u finish, but thinking about it the weight would keep the realism of it. Anywho. . . KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SOLIDER!!

SPARTAN110 said:
DAMM thats amazing amount of detail for wood! excellent work btw r u going to mold it because it will be very heavy when u finish, but thinking about it the weight would keep the realism of it. Anywho. . . KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SOLIDER!!

Surprisingly its actually really light, well not light light, but yeah its not that heavy at all

Dude, you should really make some castings of this when it's done, I would totally buy it, I need it for my Church costume.

Hey guys sorry, it has bin quite a while since my last post, but I've been away for work for a few weeks. Back now though, YAY !! Um ok I finished the barrel and its little bit on the end today. Also the handle and trigger were coming a little loose, so i ripped them off and fix it up, while doing so, I don't know who said it, but i thought it was a good idea to make the trigger so that you could actually pull it, so before putting it back on I've made a firing trigger. all i have left now is some miner details and the scope.

to make the trigger part, I've simply routed out a thin groove in the top of the handle and a realy realy shallow groove in the bottom of the gun, as to stop the spring loaded trigger flying out of the end. I"ve also had to fabricate a new trigger so that it will fit into the grooves

Image0043.jpg

Image006-3.jpg

Image007-2.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image009-1.jpg

I've put in a small pin in the back of the trigger to hold a small spring in place.
Image0082.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image013-1.jpg

These are just some of the pictures from the fabrication of the end piece for the barrel.
I just used a plain and a file to create the beveled edges. And again I have used a router to cut out the grooves in the side. Bulsa wood has been used to create the vent slits in the grooves.
Image035-1.jpg

Image034-1.jpg

Image036-1.jpg

Image037-1.jpg

Image038.jpg

Image041-1.jpg

Image040-1.jpg

Image043-1.jpg

Image055.jpg

Awesome update, this thing is going to beat any and all current Sniper's that have been made.

Keep up the good work ;).

-Doom

LastSpartan said:
Awesome!

LeeKegan got competition :p

Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition:lol:

I'm surprised I'd actually never come across this thread before, lol. That's some mighty fine work you've done there Sierra 117. I have a critique to make, though: you forgot to build the scope:p J/k

Looking good there, dude. Hopefully we can see this finished sometime soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back