Update On My Helmets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey man looks really good!

good job for your first molding experience :p

are you planning of selling these molds too ? :p

keep up the good work !

SupermanExtreme1 said:
I'm so proud of you man. you've come along way since the first time you messaged me on youtube. A+++++

thanks man you helped me alot and answered alot of my questions. good luck on iron armor dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tafumi said:
Looks fantastic - especially for your first time. I'm coming up on my first molding within the next 2-3 weeks and can only hope the pulls turn out half as good. Although, my first pull is going to be solid plaster and not plastic. Long story there. But the pull after that will be smooth-cast based.

Still, looks fantastic!

well your should come out fine if i could do so can you. good luck my freind! ;)

i dont mean to keep posting i apologize. :(

Heres a picture where you can see some detail i carved under the bill of the helmet. its not the best i will be working on this some more its hard to cut acrve in a straight line with a dremel. if anyone has any ideas or tips on carving in the plastic please let me know!

IMGP2291.jpg

Those molded helmets look really nice. I want to do this myself, but I am still a little lost as to what to do exactly and it also seems pretty expensive! D:

But wouldn't it have been easier and time saving if you included all the detail on the helmet you used to make a mold out of? That way you wouldn't have to add detail to to the ones you pull out of the mold! :p

Good work though. :)

HaloGoddess said:
Those molded helmets look really nice. I want to do this myself, but I am still a little lost as to what to do exactly and it also seems pretty expensive! D:

But wouldn't it have been easier and time saving if you included all the detail on the helmet you used to make a mold out of? That way you wouldn't have to add detail to to the ones you pull out of the mold! :p

Good work though. :)

yea i guess i should of made the detail with the mold but i figured i would carve in the detail but its harder than it seems. and thanks for the comments everyone. its not hard to do just takes a little research, time, and money. but good luck! need any questions on how i got started or what to do just let me know!

Here is a pic of one that i painted in LSU tigers colors for a friend it isnt finished but this is what happens when you dont let the paint dry long enough. i let it dry for maybe 20 minutes and i painted the next coat. it started to buckle up on the top where i painted the purple i pulled the tape and newspaper off and it wanted to take the purple paint to rite off the yellow. then i tried touching up the yellow cause got some purple over spray on it and when i spraied a little bit that spot started to buckle up as well so i sanded and primed it and it did the same thing thats why its gray on the nose part. heres a picture of what happens when you dont let it dry long enough and it is about 60 degrees outside when i painted it so i should give it at least a couple of hours to dry. me and my dad have a commercial painting business so when know little about painting lol thats what we came up with so i decided to let it dry for a day ill have an update and pics when its done.

IMGP2316.jpg

and i would of added detail before i molded it but i used cut out cardstock for the detailed pieces on the side but it got pulled off by the mold. it not a big deal, so you could detail, paint, do whatever and a finished helmet will do perfect if you what to mold it.(that was a question from another member that asked me about this.)heres the picture! my camera sucks by the way so it maybe blurry.

IMGP2328.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back