Updated===Halo Reach: Custom Character(xbl profile: HYuNdAi2806)===4/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right Thigh Paintjob:

Nice build Like the cross lase thing going on.

yeah its a scale pattern ive been using for a while..though what i usually paint it on are round objects and the material isnt easy to come by down here, mostly find it on spools of weekwacking line..lol
i still have some issues with putting it on my suit as it gets inconsistent on some areas

great work so far man, i really like the scale looking theme to your armor :D keep up the great work

thanks much..im really hoping to get some weapons done but the suits been first priority

Looks awesome

much appreciated!! :D

well now for an update!!!
started painting that right thigh piece..i still have yet to put together the pep for the left even though its been sheetcut for over a week now..lol but im getting to it
i decided to incorporate a stripe with the same pattern color scheme as the knee pieces

08082012942.jpg

since my helm steel gray didnt match the shin black steel i sprayed the thigh piece with the original steel cray, then faded the steel black up from the bottom up so the transition will work for the color scheme :)
08082012943.jpg

here's the scale pattern with a little tape and pull scratch effect
08082012944.jpg

just a close look to see the resemblance from the knee pieces
hopefully ill have the left thigh pepped today
i DID print out the cod piece and someone was helpful enough to help me out with the bicep pep files ive been looking for
Thanks go out to Carpatia one of our helpful Mods and EnergetiGibbon

there's still alot of detail painting to be done on this piece but honestly all the perfection details may have to wait til after Dcon..i need this suit done by then so i have something to wear

Well I'm super jealous of the painting skills! It looks awesome. Hope progress is still going well! :) 18 days!

ha thanks sweetie ya i cant wait either im pullin out alot of crap here in the last two days, i wont post up until im done..but i just got the biceps done, breacher collar done with pepping will probly glass tomorrow or tonight if ive got ample light

I NEED THIS UA HELMET ATTACHMENT
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8889/atch1.jpg
the file location is on this thread a few pages back but its not working
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread/page112

I NEED THIS HELM ATTACHMENT
if anyone has the file for it please help

On The Final Lap

Finish Lines In View:

ONE MORE PIECE!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha

yes its true, on the final stretch now
Last piece
:Cod Piece(reach)

that's all i got left to pep and glass, finished up biceps and pepping the breacher/collar so stoked, im leaving detail painting up until after Dcon so its mostly just base coats on my suit, the only accents i added in were minimal like stripes that show up on my chest piece and the thighs
OH also finished up my CQB variant shoulder piece, its had been sitting glassed for sometime(though i dont like it since the size is just a tad small, but not too noticeable)

ive actually been pepping in the day time and glassing through the late hours of the night after work

SO...without further ado
here's what i got for you guys to look at

since this is the older of pieces and my first glassed piece heres the CQB
08112012951.jpg

i did SOME accent paint on it but ive got a few foam pieces to add onto it but way later when i get the main pieces done

heres some accents on the thigh pieces
08112012952.jpg

Breacher/collar and bicep pieces pepped out

08142012953.jpg

i used foam board just because those pieces on there are too tedious and kept the indent on the curvature in the circular area out, i left it flat so i can connect or drill through whatever pieces ill be using to connect various shoulder pieces
08142012955.jpg

painted biceps pieces
08152012959.jpg

so thats what i got done in the last two days hope you guys like it

now..
i DO have velcro pieces and ordered in some nylon strapping and those black buckle clips, i have an idea about hooking them onto the undersuit but im not sure what to use for the undersuit itself??
IDEAS PLEASE???
im kinda ruling out underarmor just because its pretty stretchy, its for breathability and being light so i dont think velcroing on1/2lb pieces to it or sewing in buckle straps will work too well..
so suggestions anyone..??

ALSO!!!!!!!!

i need help with how to get it to atlanta..
someone on Hyokenseiso's page on DRagonCon mention(and posted pics) of him setting his suit up through luggage on the airplane, but also mentioned they opened it up and went through it..i dont feel comfortable with something i worked so hard for being gone through by random ppl..
especially since he mentioned it was ziptied down and they clipped it..its halo armor
regardless of how amazing it is there are tons of fans out there im paranoid someone might steal something out of it..???

i need help
times running out
thought bout shipping it also but i can tell it would have a SIGNIFICANT pricetag there and back shipping it all..so...ya

hit me up with some feedback :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I had running tights sewn to a mock turtleneck sweater. I had a zipper installed wetsuit-style up the back with a long cord so I could pull it up/down myself. You also need to consider the likely possibility that you will need to pee and figure that into your plan. I had large Velcro pads sewn at the center thigh, shin, shoulder, bicep, and forearm. To put everything together, I'd pull on a piece 90 degrees off, then rotate it onto the Velcro to lock it. I feel pretty strongly about needing Velcro at the shoulder and the bicep, even though it supports the same piece. The shoulder pieces want to come away from your shoulders and will interfere with the chest piece more often.

As for shipping, get over worrying about what you can't control. I had to mail mine from the Middle East! Make it easy for the TSA clown show to inspect it and you will be fine. Bolt it down tight and they will be all over it like a magnet. Be smart and spend time on the airline's web page looking at allowable dimensions and TSA locks. Consider cutting a disk to go inside the chest piece to reinforce it front to back, making it crush resistant. I always transport mine this way. You could do the same for the arm and leg pieces. You will also find that the pieces will stack together like Dixie cups to a certain extent to save space. Good luck.

Redshirt

I had running tights sewn to a mock turtleneck sweater. I had a zipper installed wetsuit-style up the back with a long cord so I could pull it up/down myself. You also need to consider the likely possibility that you will need to pee and figure that into your plan. I had large Velcro pads sewn at the center thigh, shin, shoulder, bicep, and forearm. To put everything together, I'd pull on a piece 90 degrees off, then rotate it onto the Velcro to lock it. I feel pretty strongly about needing Velcro at the shoulder and the bicep, even though it supports the same piece. The shoulder pieces want to come away from your shoulders and will interfere with the chest piece more often.

As for shipping, get over worrying about what you can't control. I had to mail mine from the Middle East! Make it easy for the TSA clown show to inspect it and you will be fine. Bolt it down tight and they will be all over it like a magnet. Be smart and spend time on the airline's web page looking at allowable dimensions and TSA locks. Consider cutting a disk to go inside the chest piece to reinforce it front to back, making it crush resistant. I always transport mine this way. You could do the same for the arm and leg pieces. You will also find that the pieces will stack together like Dixie cups to a certain extent to save space. Good luck.

Redshirt

thanks very much red :D
i think ill just put in a tub like loardzoabar showed on hyokenseiso's dcon thread.
thanks for tips on the undersuit as well i really appreciate it :D

Packed Update(VERYPICHEAVY):

Nice paint job looks epic

thanks much, im liking how the paint came out on my cod piece, and have started fitting some foam paddings in the bicep pieces, also got to fix my breacher collar up to where i can actually take it off and click it on with magnet accessories

heres what i got for you guys

My breacher collar painted up with the base coats, after much deliberation i decided NOT to go with the scale pattern on this piece. i just wanted it as a solid add on
08162012966.jpg

08162012965.jpg

ii took the time to think about it, and partly why i didnt add scales to the collar is because i will more than likely add this onto my next suit which WILL be the replica of my reach character, also decided to separate the lower section so i dremeled it off and it will be recessed back flush against the chest piece, i like the depth it give it as two separate sections.
also added my team black stenciling and my black unit #

08162012970.jpg

08162012971.jpg

the pic above shows the top section of the breacher collar with the magnet chest attachments that i painted up these are the pieces i used, i think theyre for cabinet doors and with them being pretty muh flush with the inside of the collar i can shake the chest around without it coming off, it sits pretty sturdy
here are the pieces

08162012969.jpg

here are the foam knees paddings that i got from a hardware store for $3 A pair, ill be setting these at the elbow end of my SPI forearms and as the shoulder top of my bicep pieces
08162012967.jpg

dremeled the inlay out with the sanding bit on my dremel, loving this new tool its amazing,
here's the bit
the pieces with the cut inlay
and them set inside the bicep pieces

08162012968.jpg

08162012972.jpg

08162012973.jpg

finally the last piece that i needed!!!!
COD piece

08162012964.jpg

08162012963.jpg

i separated it in half so i could do a quick connect/disconnect for getting it off and on easily
08172012975.jpg

08172012977.jpg

i enjoyed sharing with you guys, thanks for watching, also i hooked in that loud speaker set inside the chest piece and got it mounted in, works like a charm
maybe if i can get it done ill put on the suit tonight :D

now just workin on mounting it on myself and picking a good undersuit for the job
thanks guys
CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS AT DRAGONCOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Last edited by a moderator:
jeez...i leave you alone for week and you go and have this marathon of building! This build is just awesome, cant really think of a more perfect way to word it, and its amazing how fast it was completed! I like the magnet idea too, it looks cool and it can be used for more than one thing if you ever decide on a different chest attachment.
Can't wait to see a full pic of all the armor

Cheers,
playdohlord

jeez...i leave you alone for week and you go and have this marathon of building! This build is just awesome, cant really think of a more perfect way to word it, and its amazing how fast it was completed! I like the magnet idea too, it looks cool and it can be used for more than one thing if you ever decide on a different chest attachment.
Can't wait to see a full pic of all the armor

Cheers,
playdohlord

lol ya i started realizing how fast crunch time was comin up and ive been peppin all during the day before work and then when i get home and glass through the whole night, ive turned the outdoor storage building into my own personal workshop, just been going really crazy

now need to start fitting pieces on and setting up the rest of the lights in the cod/shin pieces
still not sur as to how ill run lines to the shins..?? ill figure it out though
MAYBE..just MAYBE ill get a full body shot of what i have
i think ill worry bout making great boot when i get back from dcon, for right now ima just make up some kinda foam or black vinyl boot cover and the caution plate

Sleeping Team Black S-010:

soo...thought you guys might get a kick out of this..i will def get something set up for you guys tomorrow
its just a sneak peaker so enjoy :)

DSCF2369.jpg

Just Enjoy.
only thing i couldnt mount on was the knee pads i worked on everything last night but that..lol

also the thigh pieces arent strapped on to my belt yet still got some work to do with the mounting
everything else fits on snug and tight but not too tight

here ya go guys

DSCF2371.jpg

DSCF2378.jpg

DSCF2377.jpg

DSCF2381-1.jpg

DSCF2376.jpg

Hands to you! That's an amazing costume you've got there. I wasn't sure about the hex details, but weeing it all together it turns out great!

It all looks great together. You're almost there!

Redshirt

It all looks great together. You're almost there!

Redshirt

Yaa lol almost. I'm getting there. Workin on undersuit pieces, i was hopin to finish it completely this weekend but i'm up in austin for friends bdays. I.ve been kickin it in high gear the last 3 days. Thanks for the support Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back