Updated===Halo Reach: Custom Character(xbl profile: HYuNdAi2806)===4/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep work for the shin looks really clean, nice work :D

thanks very much...
now..ive been looking into some ppls foam builds..and i know like sittin down and stuff like where the cod piece is around the buttocks will make contact more than others like if i sit down to eat int he suit or something >.< just saying..
buuuuuttttt.. do ppl just print out the pep pages and cut out the shapes trace them onto to the foam and cut..??? i wanna knooooowwwwwwww >.< grrrrrr

Glassed Fore Arms & Shins

Glass Stages: SPI/Concept

aaaaaaalllllllrighty then :D:D:D:D:D

got a quick update, took a few hours to glass up the SPI forearms and the concept shins, here's a quick look hopefully by tomorrow ill have them painted up and ready to ship out to GA for DragonCon

07312012912.jpg

i had to place the SPI pieces inside my "heat box"
its actually not a box...lol just a weatherproofed container i used for my paint projects like gun pieces,bike fairing, etc.
they were small enough to fit so i packed them in, got the clothe mesh inside the shapes held amazingly

and everytime i put more work into the shins the more and MORE i love them..such great pieces

07312012913.jpg

07312012914.jpg

PaintTime/ Conc.&SPI

Painting Day- Concept Shins & SPI F.A. (PIC LOADED)

Alright, i been bustin my ass today with the painting schemes,
i KNOW im going to be making different shin sets after Dcon i really couldnt figure out a color scheme for them with the colors i had picked out, the shins arent completely finished but i DID get some blue scales ontop of the metallic steel
it actually looks REALLY cool since the steel is so dark and the blue is a deep metallic color it almost makes the scales look like they fade in and out
because of this it make it very difficult to get a good pic in with my sh&^%y phone

since i i ran out of primer filler my friend had given me a can he'd used for his car a while back so the primer came out like bright orange red XD hahaha

08012012915.jpg

08012012916.jpg

P.I.T.A. tapin this off..lol so many corners
08012012917.jpg

08012012919.jpg

SPI Fore Arms

08012012918.jpg

08012012920.jpg

I Dunno how great itll come off until theyre on the rest od the suit but i threw in a little blue scales on the top of the fore arm piece, i can always paint over them

08012012921.jpg

Here's all them after i had to find a stopping point.WORK TIME!! >.<

08012012922.jpg

hope you guys like it so far

Interesting texturing, I like the idea!

i apply weathering texture before i paint,
i got the idea from the movie 300, the way their shield are inlaid on the inside its got that hand craft metal look where it took beatings and falls and hits and such, i just like the iron clad look to it
its just textured paint stroked up and down in 2in. patterns it sort of a wave style it just kinda came out that way

since the spartan im making went from the base of my reach character to a Team Black spartan crossover (which is why i have SPI sections and the Concept shins since Black Teams MJOLNIRs were comprised of advance prototype suits)
i wanted him to look the part, though i kinda made my own additions (as jorge did to his suit) adding the blue color and having a personal F.L.A.R.E. system
really hoping i can finish that system by the time Dcon comes around

ALSO...have a great idea for one of the shoulder variants..cant wait to start on it tonight :D

the painting looks really great! (shiny) still loving the scales on em too, you've really made this build your own...stands out quite a bit from the standard in-game suits you see on here
keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Playdohlord

the painting looks really great! (shiny) still loving the scales on em too, you've really made this build your own...stands out quite a bit from the standard in-game suits you see on here
keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Playdohlord

That was the goal, thanks bro :D
wait ya goin to Dcon???

tonight ill be workin on a custom self works concept shoulder variant and installing LEDs, ive got i think maybe 8 blue LED setups and a few extra battery packs just incase i just to single line some, ON THAT NOTE..
im going to put some LEDs inside the concept shin where the inlet on the front of them is at the top where the crest is..ill need some input, should i'm afraid to link the LED from the shin up to the one in the thigh piece only because i dont want to be walking in my suit or sit down the chord pull and disconnect or completely disrupt the setup, i thought on this and figured i could just give some slack on the wire..but at the same time if the slack works its way out of the ares where my knee-pit is at or something, it could potentially get caught on something

yes i know im thinking a little too critically but isnt that what were for???? XD hahaha

some feedback would be cool :)

Custom H-Shield Shoulder Variant:

Spent bout an hour and a half whippin this up last night

ok so i was thinkin about how cool the legendary/ODST shield looks with the elite/human skull on them, love the shape and the idea
so i made a representation of my own shoulder variant based off of the shape

08042012925.jpg

SOOOO QUESTION!!!!

should i put the elite skull in the center..?????
if i DO decide to do it (know before hand im not done with the detailing on this shoulder piece, still need raised pieces and some additions of my liking) the skull will not be like it appears on the legendary shield, itll be a polygon structure that mimics the shape and look of the elite skull but i wanted it to be original so if i DO put it on there it will not be a replicated version of this
still workin it out in my head but if i could remake a decent Hshield from mind out of posterboard i think i figure out something..minda thinking bout just making a placard in the center and throwing in my character logo

just wanted some feedback see hwat ya guys think

08042012924.jpg

LED Setup-Chest:

sweeeeeetttt so had to help out with a babyshower this weekend but i took some time today to run in my LEDs on the chest piece

i dont mean to double post but no1's posted on here since before my custom Hshield... >.< vateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

here's what i got so far for the chest, i added in quick disconnect pieces between the front and back for when im takin it off and on

Her'es the inside wiring with the SmartWater top cap i improvised with, with an added blue-LED rocker switch
08052012926.jpg

here's the outsides front/back and a rocker switch view
08052012927.jpg

couldnt get a frontal view the LED's were blinding my phone lol

08052012928.jpg

08052012929.jpg

hope SOMEONE can post back so i dont have to triple post.. :p

No need to go triple, the LEDs look great. I also like the way you did the scale pattern throughout.

Redshirt

No need to go triple, the LEDs look great. I also like the way you did the scale pattern throughout.

Redshirt

Thanks red, im a bit upset though, i guess the batch spray i used on the helm was different from what i used on the forearms and shins and they came out a bit darker than the helm did..i knew i shouldve check the batch #s but i gave it the benefit of the doubt to be spot on, my helmets already done with detailing as far as paint goes so im just worried it'll look off >.< we'll see when its all together

Looking really good

thanks much buddy.

im trying to get a move on this stuff..ive got maybe 2 weeks left on my deadline on this which means only one weekend left to work before i need to start sending this stuff off..

ive got

-left thigh
-both biceps
-cod piece
-breacher collar
-boots
-right shoulder variant

left to pep up and glass/paint/detail...
PLUS i need to start worrynig about my undersuit
how im going to keep all the piece on me, which im thinking after making up a quick undersuit just keeping things attached by velcro

OH!!! wondering if thats how ppl kept the shin pieces on?? i tried them on with thick pants on and they were still slidin down all over the place so velcro right..???
im out of time to order parts and pieces in UNLESS it completely necessary ive gott be sticking with what i got, i DO have velcro pieces and straps that i can attach them to so maybe that'd just be the best way to approach it??

im really at the end of the line here so i DO need some feedback and suggestions
would be greatly appreciated and SERIOUSLY needed..lol
thanks community

HELLLPPPPP:

isudfousbgousfiubwfoiwfwioubfwiub ggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i just freakin realized i dont have reach bicep file
i have the cod but its a HD i need a pretty basic cod that i can just work up the detail on my own

anybody have good file references?? running out of time and i need them desperately

i WOULD just do them out of foam by hand but im limited with foam supplies down here by the border so all the foam i have can only be used for raising detail spots please help >.<

does ANYONE have a decent bicept pep file that ISNT for foam builds..?? i just need a normal pep file..

H-Shield Shoulder Plate / Glassing:
ok so small update
got the h-shield glassed a bit and started glassing the thigh piece i have right now, still gotta put together the left thigh ill get that done tonight
got ALOTTTTTTTT to do..

glassed thigh got the close set in and reglassed

08062012934.jpg

ok..now if anyones checked out my noble wall mural i used a design i've been doing since i was in middle school, since this is the Halo Shield that appears as the ODST skull shield and the Legendary skull shield i decided to give it a little ancient feel to it by incorporating that design for a little forerunner feel to it, lemme know what ya think

08062012933.jpg

Excellent job!!

Will you be posting your custom shin Pep file? I'm working on mine at the moment and came across your bad ass piece. If not, I totally understand, but I think the community would eat that **** up.
(if it's already posted...I totally missed it as I read through the thread pages...sorry)

Keep up the great creative work!

the concept shin is not mine, you probly missed the thread where i stated the creator SatchmoIII
he makes the 3d models for all of the concept art pieces that never made it in-game for reach, ill be building a few of his concept helms one i finish up with the suit, ill probly have a new helm by the end of the year, the only thing i've created on my own is the H-shield shoulder variant, i've never tried 3d modeling so that piece it strictly drawn out by hand and cut from posterboard, i think it looks pretty neat as a shoulder plate and a skull could be added into it for the full effect

im finishing up the glasing right now on the thigh and that shoulder variant, love your digicam suit though btw, excellent color scheme
im just really afraid i wont be able to finish this in time...but im busting my ass everyday to finish it
works getting increasingly time consuming i supervise 6 oilfield camps with over 30 officers in my unit that i have to watch over and outside of my normal 14-16 hour day im on call all night after..AND i've got 9 new officers to train before i leave for Dcon
ONTOP of that i need to finish this completely by a week and half BEFORE dcon to ship the suit out to my uncle..

just purely hectic
im hoping to get as much motivation as i can muster up from the community im seriously in need of it..lol

Wow, that's a lot going on but it's looking so awesome! I do love the lighting on it too. I see builds like this and it makes me want to go and start my armor right now! But, just keep up the work and it will pay off in the long run(or short run), and it will be awesome to have it at d*con! Just don't give up, you've come this far, all it takes is a little determination. :D And maybe no sleep...><

Looking forward to see the final result!

(HEAVYPIC)Paint Update:

got a bit done so far thought i'd let you guys see what im doing for today,
finished glassing the right thigh and put the base coats on, finally found the steel black to match my helmet, was a bit upset about not have the shins match but i think with the chrome black being on the shins and the forarms it'll seem like a 3rd accept color, i think it'll look nice once its all together

08072012941.jpg

ill finish up the accent paints on this thigh later tonight before i head out to work but ill post up when i finish it

here's the H-shield shoulder variant i created with the main paints on it
i faded the chrome black up through the chrome blue to give it a neat little hue to it

08072012937.jpg

08072012940-1.jpg

really like the way the raised chrome pieces pop off, i did a scratch effect while the resin was hardening i like the effect it left on the texture

08072012939.jpg

08072012938-1.jpg

and here's the knee pieces i left out in the shop and forgotten about so long ago..lol
laid in the fiberglass clothe and threw on the rest of the accent chrome blue and chrome colors in with the black/blue chrome scale pattern

08072012935.jpg

heres a little close up of the patterns
08072012936-1.jpg

hope you guys like the H-shield its become my favorite piece other than my JFO helm :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back