Using Bondo/ Fiberglass

Status
Not open for further replies.

VidmasterODST

I am a Pepakura n00b, i have made a few pepakura pieces but never made it past that. For my newest project, Thomas Bangalter (of Daft Punk) Helmet, i am going to try bondo/fiberglass. If someone could Give Instructions to help me with this step, that would be great.

Thanks

VidmasterODST said:
I am a Pepakura n00b, i have made a few pepakura pieces but never made it past that. For my newest project, Thomas Bangalter (of Daft Punk) Helmet, i am going to try bondo/fiberglass. If someone could Give Instructions to help me with this step, that would be great.

Thanks

Well i havent resined or bondo'd yet, but i might be able to help.

Pm me with any Q's.

And

WOO!!

That makes three people with daft punkular aspirations that i know of.

Me, you , and another dude that i cant remember the name of.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some great video tutorials in the video forum. As far as resin fibreglass bondo and etc, there are several approaches you can use. For sure you need to resin the helm. You can find resin at a hardware store. You will want to do your first outside layer VERY thin. It is a general rule to do many thin layers, whether it be resin or bondo. Once the helmet is hardened with a few (2 or 3) thin laters of resin outside, I recommend mud-glassing the inside. You can check out the tutorial in the vid section. Once that is done, you can sand down the hi points and use bondo to smooth the part and add details. If you have any questions, you can check my thread and fire me a PM. Any help I can offer in that department is yours.

Thanks!!!! I searched the n00b forum (where i would think to look for instructions) and couldn't find anything...

I'll check out the links and videos and find out how to use bondo/fiberglass/resin.

Thanks Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back