Veronica Dare Build Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
sierra092 said:
From the nottinghamshire area. I think I'm still going in october, don't know what it now though. And yes, sandpaper goes quickly! Especially if your using rondo.

Aw crud thats a shame >< If you were anywhere near the M6 I could have possibly offered a lift down to expo for May =(

Last edited by a moderator:
ForgedReclaimer said:
Here you go, a game accurate model of dares pack :)

its not unfolded though, the one thing i cant do for it :p

link

Omg you are SUCH a star! Thankyou VERY much, can't wait to get started! <3

-Phi

phixix said:
I've heard the best way to get rid of holes (If you live anywhere cept Britain LOL) Is with spot putty. The stuff is impossible to find over here in Scotland so we're using stuff that you block holes and cracks in walls and apply tiles with. It sands super easilly but it's a dusty bugger when you do ^^; It's called 'Polyfilla' by Polycell and is pretty cheap for the quantity :)

-Phi

I've been meaning to ask about Polyfilla. Is it working ok for you? I bought some (well... I bought the WIlko brand equivalent), but I read another thread not to use it as "Upol" was actually the UK's verison of Bondo.

I'm working on an ODST RECON variant (which is pretty much Dare, except I'm a making it... Manly... Ish...), so am a little confused on this issue. If you seem to be working fine with it, then I don't see the need to change.

Also, nice work on your costume! See you at London Expo (whether I'm in costume or not).

_EDIT_

Oops. Wrong post quoted. Fixed.

Wogle said:
I've been meaning to ask about Polyfilla. Is it working ok for you? I bought some (well... I bought the WIlko brand equivalent), but I read another thread not to use it as "Upol" was actually the UK's verison of Bondo.

I'm working on an ODST RECON variant (which is pretty much Dare, except I'm a making it... Manly... Ish...), so am a little confused on this issue. If you seem to be working fine with it, then I don't see the need to change.

Also, nice work on your costume! See you at London Expo (whether I'm in costume or not).

_EDIT_

Oops. Wrong post quoted. Fixed.

Hiya Hun ^^ Pollyfilla is working great for us! Though i'm a little concerned when it comes to painting but I think it'll be okay. If you can, buy the bigger tub of the stuff, you'll use a LOT because it'll take a couple of coverings over the holes to properly fill them. I don't advise the powdered stuff but the ready made and fast-dry is fine.

Speaking of Upol, we used an industrial filler but it was FAR too thick and doesn't work for rondo =( If you've used Upol or know of it, any idea if it's thinner? =o

-Phi

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, college has been swamping me with work =(

Anywho, here's the latest on Dare

axcy91.jpg

25ir6mf.jpg

15s603t.jpg

nrx4k.jpg

Were using polyester resin for the fibreglassing as it dries much harder than epoxy does, but my god, it's like wearing a razor around your limbs if you don't sand the inside! The patchwork helmet, despite it looking like theres huge craters is actually incredibly smooth and ready for painting ^^

I scrapped my shin after I thought I could mix fibreglass strands and resin TOGETHER to make a gloopy concoction which I applied to the inside of both, all the time spurring myself on with the thought that I’d come up with an ingenious new method of fibreglassing..

Yea right, turns out I was being incredibly lazy!

-Phi

Looks great. One of the finest Dare helmets i've seen! Do you think you'll get it done for your deadline?

Kamaro said:
Looks great. One of the finest Dare helmets i've seen! Do you think you'll get it done for your deadline?

Wow thankyou ^__^ I hope I will- but costumes for me is always a last minute awake for 72 hours straight before the event kind of thing, but it's never failed me so far!

-Phi

Hai guys, helmet and guantlets update!

205w8lc.jpg

v2wj8x.jpg

I've painted Cameo onto the arms but still need to take a pic..

The 3D renders lie, the writing on Dare's helmet is NOT black ingame! >O

-Phi

Hey guys, been totally mobbed with work so I haven't had time to post progress bit by bit- Hope you don't mind the finished thing instead! I'll definately go back and do the chestplate again, add the backpack and finish the ODST pistol.

Enjoy! :)

xanhpy.jpg

15fkg11.jpg

34gknxt.jpg

These were taken at the London MCM expo last weekend. My friend Keir constructed Recon armour as part of the Halo group, he will most likely post his completed armour soon ^^ :)

Big holler out to the Yellow ODST and blue Hayabusa armour that we missed that weekend- if your here on 405th it'd be great to hear from you :)

sierra092 said:
The armour looks AWESOME! So does the recon spartan!

I like the ganster swagger you got on there. Are you going in october phixix?

Lmao! Struttin' my stuff down the hallway x3

And yep, if all goes well for Uni and such this year :) Will you be there?

Me and wired are ready to buy clay and everything for our own projects for october :)

Jsut got to wait till exams are over first!

95naxz.jpg

2v3n153.jpg

LAST ONES I swear XD
I wasn't too happy with some of the parts of Dare, so i'm going to move onto sculpting for the October Expo and the release of Reach.
Next step- Get me some Clay!

-Phi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back