Veteran ranger build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashyink

Jr Member
well now that its warm enough to resin up here in Wisconsin, (or it was until this week :p) i have started work on my veteran ranger build that i had started the pepakura over the winter. the model was edit and unfolded by NeXXt (i hope i spelled that right). there was some minor warpag on the top part of the mask but its not overly to easy to see when the two parts are together. anyways here is the build, go easy on me. :/

the mask
currentpics920.jpg

currentpics921.jpg

the filter for the front
currentpics922.jpg

currentpics925.jpg

currentpics924.jpg

the helm
currentpics926.jpg

the mask and the helm together
currentpics930.jpg

currentpics929.jpg

currentpics928.jpg

ok guys sorry for no update in a while, but i was having camera issues. so i missed most of the process picture. even though this is the case i will post what i have done, if you guys wanna know anything i did, just ask.

@EmpireSpartan yes, i do plan to do a full build.

Front
vetranger2006.jpg

vetranger2005.jpg

Left Side
vetranger2007.jpg

Right Side
vetranger2010.jpg

vetranger2011.jpg

Backed Up
vetranger2004.jpg

Things i Did
1)i added a filter to the left side of the mask. which is built from foam core and paper.i Then covered it with rondo, and bondoed the inside.

2)cut the vent in the left hand side of the helmet, behind the filter. simply used a stencil i made.
stuff013.jpg

3)i then created the lenses by cutting PET plastic with a cutting blade in my dremel. I then hung the plastic upside down in a clamp and heated till it was clear. after that i pinched it in this camp.
stuff012.jpg

dont mind the messy bench....
with the assitince of my father i heated the crease point and he bent the plastic. four hands are better then two. :)

Wow Flashy! This thing is looking absolutely stellar. Nice addition of the tv cable wire as well as the multiple filters around the helm. Your battle damage looks really realistic and looks like it just walked out of new vegas as well. Only questions I have is how did you tint your lenses, and what are your plans for the EL wire? Lighting the eyes?

Wow Flashy! This thing is looking absolutely stellar. Nice addition of the tv cable wire as well as the multiple filters around the helm. Your battle damage looks really realistic and looks like it just walked out of New Vegas as well. Only questions I have is how did you tint your lenses, and what are your plans for the EL wire? Lighting the eyes?

the lenses are tinted with Night Shade http://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP999-Nite-Shades-Cover-Translucent/dp/B000CPCRS6. a lot of people use it for there ODST lenses, which i was going to use it for, but then i started working on this build. :p

i do plan on placing the EL wire around the eyes. if you look at some of the pics you can see a small gap around the lenses, which is where i plan to place the wire.

Thanks for the impute and questions.

hey guys quick update.

i got a box in the mail today with a few lovely things
update001.jpg

my lights are finally here >.<

pic of contents, started opening begs before pics soo....
update002.jpg

i bought two LEDs, one is cool white the other is red and there both 3mm but have different light angles i think the white is 45 and the red is 30.
015.jpg

i also got three switches, one for the lamp, one for the IR light, and one for the fan thats installed in the front left filter.(poison of choice is coca-cola but its sometimes a dew too.)
update009.jpg

also got two 150 ohm resisters. was not quite sure what to get, but i read somewhere on here to use 100 ohm. the site i bought everything from only had 150+ so ya.
update004.jpg

well thats everything that came today.
also started mounting the lights heres pics of the white lamp.
update010.jpg

update011.jpg

thanks for reading :D

new package showed up today!
vetstuff005.jpg

could this be my wounder full EL wire i have been waiting for?

*Zelda chest opening music plays*

ocarina-chest-opening.jpg

vetstuff006.jpg

darn just the 9volt clips :c
well at least i can do the side lamps + i got Bubble wrap :D

well i bought a soldering iron, shockingly i didn't burn my finger off. in other news here is my "wonderful" job of soldering and then insulated with hot glue:D

update004-1.jpg

i have since covered all the wires with electrical tape for proper protection.

here is a picture of the switches on the outside, yet to be weathered. i gave each light with its own switch cuz, why the hell not.
update006.jpg

here are some pics of the lights on
update007.jpg

update008.jpg

update009-1.jpg

i also added some more paint decals, most promanint the [9] on the out side i chose 9 cuz i like the number 9 :p
update010-1.jpg

also need some advise im planning on cutting the helmet on the red lines, then use Velcro on the blue line.
but i have no idea what to use to bind the bottom of the helmet! any advise would be much appreciated.
cutline2.jpg

cutline1.jpg

hey the pattenr for my jacket was modified off of one those patterns from jo anns fabrics, its the one with the two matrix characters on the front, then, we added the shoulder rain guard. if you check out my build on in my sig you can see how i used foam floor mats to make the head bands for the mask. i was going to do what you did leaving the hard rear bands, but i just dont think it would stay well.

im back, and ive got the helmet set up like cinderblocks. I tryed the hard back bit first but quickly found my ears screaming at me so i went and fallowed what cinderblock did, works great. ive also got the chest armor cut out of the foam and shaped, a few are painted. will post pics at some point this week. :D

well here is what i had finished for all hallows eve. the coat was a quickly re hashed trench coat so its a bit off. i have yet to finish the air tanks and add the antena to the helmet. also need to weather the chest and arm plates but, tell me what you think.

rndmpics209.jpg

rndmpics208.jpg

rndmpics207.jpg

rndmpics210.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back