Voltron 3d print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be sure to post your paladin build when you have enough progress on it! I've been binge watching Voltron and would love to see more Voltron stuff!

that a big ten four.

i think voltron has been watching deadpool 2

1Df4slW.jpg

her is some progress pics on the bayard. had a delay due to the 1 month old hot end clapping out on me, had to field repair the old one. it works.

UeWYztS.jpg

gj8PQrK.jpg

5zpQkP3.jpg

OcACqp3.jpg

stay frosty and good luck on all your builds, peps and prints. check your glue to make sure its still good, my crazy glue tube was really old and it would not stick my fingers
together much less me parts me laddy.

also my gamer tag on xbone is clownpuncher077 if anyone one wants to play destiny.

ok so i might have gotten way ahead with not enough pics. also noticed that i have some z hop on my print, which means i need to perform some maintenance on my printer. a thorough cleaning and lubing, realign and level the bed, tighten screws down. mjy daughter wanted me to finish painting it anyways instead of printing a whole new one after the maintenance. it looks good but not great. is it a prop for an 8 year on halo-ween, yup it sure is and it is probably going to get beat up. also going to add a heavy layer of glow in the dark neutral paint to the blue sections.

k0cQLSX.jpg

the z hop is not noticeable before paint

sSgYzqd.jpg

0A7ycHp.jpg

y1ISlsZ.jpg

GmrqrE1.jpg

f0esaV2.jpg

here you can really see the z hop

dlKfPHB.jpg

2ZPwWnQ.jpg

also here is the head band, dont laugh my daughter painted it
and i am proud of it.

Rz0YD7R.jpg

my daughter prefers to just have the bayard and the paladin jacket verses the armor. i probably will still model and make it, but at least i dont have a tight schedule. going to model the other
bayard weapon attachments. good luck on all your build, peps, and prints. will update soon.

I am jealous of that headband!

I need to redo it, but my daughter loves it.
I am making her a lunch box, she just doesn't know it yet. I modeled the bag my self then boleaned parts available from thingiverse and myminifactory like the lion token, the hinges and the v. It looks good in my opinion.

4jgO6E1.jpg

Lp882rG.jpg

Sorry I took the pics with a potato. Only way I could upload them

Also started the high def voltron print. I am planning on printing each lion in it's own pla color.

Last edited:
Started the hi def voltron print, it fits together great. Kind of got ahead with the build to pics ratio.

2eI6cvf.jpg

EB9J4d2.jpg

Z1HYnHD.jpg

There is over 18 parts just in the head alone.
I should have scaled it bigger but I kind of like the size so far. I have the body on the printer cooking on a 12 hr print but it's all the main body section. I will then start on the shoulder/arms and the legs then the wings and tail.oh and the hip section.

Good luck on all your builds, peps and prints.

Last edited:
This 3d model is awesome. No seriously it kicks but. The head moves forward and back while some parts in the back move in concert with it. The abdomen articulates and I have even added the hip area armor yet. The shoulder moved forward and backward and rotates 360. Head moves 360. The face moves up or down revealing the mouth canon in lion mode. Maybe I should do a vid. I start building this thing and loose track of time and forget to take pics. So sorry

3KdyTGm.jpg

The print pieces in the back ground are just for the shoulders. The quetips believe or not I use them to spread the super glue. they work great but every once in awhile one starts to smoke.
VOoU1Vt.jpg

R1lyye7.jpg

Slightly older pic

Good luck on all your builds

Last edited:
It looks like I am printing a small village or town, but it volts. Legs to be exact.

fi5WQmz.jpg

I can't keep up with the printer. Is so tedious to remove build supports especially the 2mm holes.
csSJEB3.jpg

I still have all this to remove and clean and fit test and cut metal rods. This thing as is has a nice weight to it because of the metal rods I use to assemble it. I also included my destiny hawkmoon hand canon(thingiverse) I just finished. I was going to start a clyde ace of spade clone but I need to finish Keith's bayard and sword before halo-ween.

Ace of spades
uchBlXd.png

hhSjzCq.png

Still got some work but not much left to go
Good luck on all your builds

Last edited:
3fa.png

Lookin' awesome! I like using pop rivets, too.

Have you thought about printing parts in different colors instead of painting them? Might be a bit expensive though for all the different colors...

View attachment 260539
Lookin' awesome! I like using pop rivets, too.

Have you thought about printing parts in different colors instead of painting them? Might be a bit expensive though for all the different colors...

That is a great idea, but now looking at it with just the black and red. I am leaning towards making it a paint scheme. I only had the claws left to print so I went ahead and printed them in red. I am going to finish this version at this scale. I want to reprint it at a much bigger scale, preferably at the same scale as the previous voltron model and print them in their own pla color as you stated.

good call GMer56, printing out each lion in its own color. i switched the plan around a if i print it again i will make it bigger and with a red and black scheme. i just need to figure out which parts are going to be black and which are going to be red. i cant help notice that the yellow lion looks like a high heel.

h8MzaEW.jpg

qPLxarP.jpg

uOA5vzt.jpg

g4iilK0.jpg

IwRBuYX.jpg

next up after this lion is the green lion. then i will put this on hold until the rest are modeled.

This is looking good! You know you could save the renders from Blender by pressing F3. You can upload the images to the site easier afterwards.

Thank you for the tip. With blender and programs as such you just keep learning, I just learned about the L button function.

6Qrs5aZ.jpg

BZo1xVX.jpg

6IoOpRL.jpg

Sand and sand and sand, fill and sand and paint is all that is left on Keith's bayard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back