Voltron 3d print

Discussion in 'Non-Halo Costumes and Props' started by Crimmson, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Crimmson

Crimmson Well-Known Member

My daughter recently discovered Voltron much to my glee. She has to have everything Voltron. I originally wanted to pep her a Voltron prop, but i found some Voltron 3d models online one which is transformable. the one i am printing right now is from Jurica at myminfactory. It is a really great model and free. I also got the one from cgtrader as well(paid) but it is awesome, but unfinished. I plan to print it, sand it and build a present box with some packages of model paint. I want to give it to my daughter unpainted so that she can paint it.

Jurica's model
    FLurIJq.jpg

cgtrader
    7qudiJd.jpg
    will be printing this next as soon as i am done with the first model

cOFDH2x.jpg

KdRvWDl.jpg

dang it.
    0VV9sTf.jpg

back on track
    30HNze7.jpg
    [​IMG]
    will up date later tonight.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. Crimmson

Here is the front half of the black lions chest. initial clean up, removed print supports etc.

this thing was crazy stuck
    89aZiA8.jpg

vN6l3JQ.jpg

DKGKqhJ.jpg

starting the back half of the chest, going to watch the first layers and skirt print then its meemee's time.

Beemo8bit and Lieutenant Jaku like this.
  3. Crimmson

well the print looks good to go, still have a long way to go. good thing i took a week and a half vacation from work. the first of the neck pieces is on the bed cooking right now.

back half of black lion chest
    xuuafh9.jpg

v3IsVot.jpg

LyMMYT8.jpg

this thing is going to be big, yes

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Lieutenant Jaku likes this.
  4. Crimmson

finished the neck pieces. finished the first piece of the face but it broke on the support mount for the pin. i was able to repair it, but i probably will just reprint it at a lower print quality as i had 0.6mm i will bump it up to 0.1mm. i hope this fixes this or keeeps it from happening again. the lower jaw is on the bed cooking right meow.

temp only not glued or final sanding
    jipk1Al.jpg

on the print surface
    Uvywxo3.jpg
    broken print
    3bMNhfD.jpg

1WRh6qL.jpg

quick fix with the broken piece and superglue
    oJZyzD1.jpg

zysknTR.jpg

r0aiJ3Z.jpg

see you guys and gals and other soon

5. Crimmson

got the head printed out, but i dont look forward to the clean up work after removing all of the print supports. i need to find some rods to install in the side of the head to keep together. going to give the printer a break for tonight.

OKqyKHz.jpg

Gc2md7O.jpg

NBJXwrm.jpg

U2cLEbm.jpg

f5Nn6KS.jpg
    the height on what i have printed so far is 6 inches top to bottom.

good luck on all your prints and peps and foamies

6. Crimmson

dang son these prints are getting longer and longer. anyways here is some progress.this thing is going to be huuuugggge.

what i have printed so far, both of the hips fr and bk, right shoulder fr and bk. the left shoulder is on the bed cooking.
    nDpPnxh.jpg

xtMJYaN.jpg

ef2a7w5.jpg

pVz19PP.jpg

a lot of clean work is still needed inside the joints.
    just in case you are wondering, all the joints move and swivel. kind of hard to tell with static pics but they do.

7. Crimmson

got the left shoulder done, glued the right shoulder together. relearned a lesson when sticking to item together. Make, make absolutely sure it is aligned. i was able to salvage the right shoulder and re-glue it. now, decision time. print the rest of the small parts together or separately? maybe in sections.

started on the sanding, right shoulder only. i should printed at a thicker wall. too late
    L3loYrO.jpg

K7w4UXh.jpg

8 inches tall!!!!
    0yTRW0m.jpg

mkshane81 and Lieutenant Jaku like this.
  8. Crimmson

Voltron black lion is starting to take shape. glued the shoulder, printed out the leg joints and the right leg. started the primary sanding pass with fine emery cloth. the left leg is on the printer(7 hr print). after that will be all of the rods.
    LrnNpVW.jpg

yjWkIgh.jpg

KZxxLIj.jpg

8 days worth of printing, well really 7 ish.
    r0Gvg9q.jpg

a5CfloI.jpg

once i get the black lion completed, should i print the arms or the legs?

also any gundam fans or mecha fans. i am working on setting up the gundam exia to have joints and 3d print.
    trying to figure out the knee, elbow and ankle.

7Rf1V0H.png

i have the shoulder and left arm semi done. hopefully i can get this done soon, but i have no time schedule. enjoy

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    zorprime and Lieutenant Jaku like this.
  9. IPv6 Subnet

IPv6 Subnet Member

O wow! This is really neat! It's amazing what you can do with a 3D printer!

10. Crimmson

I have the blue lion about 90 percent printed but I am out of town so no pics yet.

11. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku Well-Known Member

When you are done we should compare scale (I have the original toy). I'm betting yours will be bigger.

12. Crimmson

i only wish i still had all of my toys from my child hood, not for the monetary value. i could then give them to my daughters to play with them. next best thing is to make the toys for them and hope that they will like them more.

Lieutenant Jaku this thing is probably a good 18 inches tall
    lCxW5cZ.jpg

duNQ4Um.jpg

RD02PQQ.jpg

g7VhA5g.jpg

Qhk20Ni.jpg

O6aW7TN.jpg

still need to finish the blue lion paws and tail. the black lion lacks the tail and wings. i will start on the yellow lion next.

edit:

EroCRnn.jpg

UZlE3YW.jpg
    i think the blue lion has worms.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  13. Crimmson

small quick update, the yellow lion is coming along just nicely.

V17YQbg.jpg

opdZU3y.jpg

good luck on your projects and have fun.

14. Crimmson

some more progress pics.

20180830_191054_1.jpg

20180830_191312_1.jpg

20180830_191218_1.jpg

20180830_191232_1.jpg

20180830_191348.jpg

also, i made a custom head band for my daughters hair. its just all five voltron lions heads and boleaned them onto a head band and started printing it out at 120 mm. will post pics later as its a
    16 hour print.

here is the blender model pic
    voltron%20head%20band.png

15. SavedbyGraceG12

SavedbyGraceG12 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see this finished!

16. stratop

stratop New Member

17. Crimmson

SavedbyGraceG12 , nice to hear from you. man i dont know what happened but it shrunk. ????

aAUgXA9.jpg

95mVtuf.jpg

it looks good though dont it.

stratop
    this is all i have found on the internet that was free. the other one, the really high def i paid for it. the file with the capital letters is the one i used. hope this helps.

MediaFire

quick update on volts. still got clean up work and such left. printing out the last lion right now.
    volts already has battle damage from my daughters playing with it as is. i am planning on modeling a stand of some sort or throne / chair. yeah

Kk5DZfh.jpg

wH455Nr.jpg

yjbiK2R.jpg

nA9e0id.jpg

looks like volts got hurtin put on him.

good luck on all your builds, peps and prints

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  18. stratop

stratop New Member

man, you really deserves the heaven, thank you so much :cry::cry::cry:

19. Crimmson

You are welcome and thank you. good luck on your voltron build.

here is the update on volts.

swUhMHo.jpg

QQmFBNz.jpg

and with that it is semi complete. my daughter doesnt want to paint it, she wants it as is. oh well. as far as a stand or chair havent designed one yet.

next on the printer is the paladin bayard. then the helmet which both are readily available online. i am working on the paladin armor for 3d print which i am modeling myself. i havent gotten to the point to where i can show off progress picks yet as i keep restarting the chest. maybe i should start with the arms and legs just to get further along. good luck aon all your builds, peps and prints.

mkshane81 and Lemonade like this.
  20. Lemonade

Lemonade Member

Be sure to post your paladin build when you have enough progress on it! I've been binge watching Voltron and would love to see more Voltron stuff!

21. Crimmson

that a big ten four.

i think voltron has been watching deadpool 2

1Df4slW.jpg

her is some progress pics on the bayard. had a delay due to the 1 month old hot end clapping out on me, had to field repair the old one. it works.

UeWYztS.jpg

gj8PQrK.jpg

5zpQkP3.jpg

OcACqp3.jpg

stay frosty and good luck on all your builds, peps and prints. check your glue to make sure its still good, my crazy glue tube was really old and it would not stick my fingers
    together much less me parts me laddy.

also my gamer tag on xbone is clownpuncher077 if anyone one wants to play destiny.

22. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku Well-Known Member

one or 2?

23. Crimmson

Xbox 360 and 1.

24. Crimmson

ok so i might have gotten way ahead with not enough pics. also noticed that i have some z hop on my print, which means i need to perform some maintenance on my printer. a thorough cleaning and lubing, realign and level the bed, tighten screws down. mjy daughter wanted me to finish painting it anyways instead of printing a whole new one after the maintenance. it looks good but not great. is it a prop for an 8 year on halo-ween, yup it sure is and it is probably going to get beat up. also going to add a heavy layer of glow in the dark neutral paint to the blue sections.

k0cQLSX.jpg
    the z hop is not noticeable before paint

sSgYzqd.jpg

0A7ycHp.jpg

y1ISlsZ.jpg

GmrqrE1.jpg

f0esaV2.jpg
    here you can really see the z hop

dlKfPHB.jpg

2ZPwWnQ.jpg
    also here is the head band, dont laugh my daughter painted it
    and i am proud of it.

Rz0YD7R.jpg

my daughter prefers to just have the bayard and the paladin jacket verses the armor. i probably will still model and make it, but at least i dont have a tight schedule. going to model the other
    bayard weapon attachments. good luck on all your build, peps, and prints. will update soon.

Lieutenant Jaku and Lemonade like this.
  25. Lemonade

Lemonade Member

I am jealous of that headband!

Crimmson likes this.