War Machine Armor Build - (Iron Man 2) -W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is insane STEALTH. Your have gotten so much further than my brother. It ridiculous how fast your making these peps. Good luck with the build dude and I'll be supporting you on it :D

managed to get the other shin done and both boot covers done

Juice hasn't completed boot covers but I dont really see much difference in look from the Mark III so I'm gonna just use the Callmemilo bootcovers as they are good enough for me

Heres just a shot of the left leg all together.

DSC04487.jpg

STEALTH said:
managed to get the other shin done and both boot covers done

Juice hasn't completed boot covers but I dont really see much difference in look from the Mark III so I'm gonna just use the Callmemilo bootcovers as they are good enough for me

Heres just a shot of the left leg all together.

DSC04487.jpg

wish i had legs like that lol

look at that boot spot on

Last edited by a moderator:
The King Cobra said:
This is insane STEALTH. Your have gotten so much further than my brother. It ridiculous how fast your making these peps. Good luck with the build dude and I'll be supporting you on it :D

looking good i might take your idea for the boot cover. I just finished my to gaunlets on mine. im starting the back today. Quick question what do you use to hold everything together. i using regular glue it works buy need something better.

Hey Stealth, loving the progress man. If I may ask, what scale factor did you use for the legs and how tall are you? Because when I tried to scale the thigh it was WAY too big.

I use Hot glue to put things together thats only cause I cut every piece first then build

when I used to cut glue cut glue cut glue I would recommend super glue.

as for scale,I used 1.85 for the abs and cod section. 1.8 for the torso, and arms

1.8 for the legs aswell but modified in many ways by trimming them and such only because I wanted to keep the consistancy of the bulkiness throughout the entire suit otherwise the suit would have looked too top heavy if I scaled the legs down

I'm 5'6

I was contemplating whether to do an Iron Man or a War Machine

You sir, have made the decision very easy!!!

I must share some thoughts

1) Amazing pep work. Simply amazing. You're role model material dude.

2) Sorry for the noob question (apologies to everyone, not just you) but how do you guys keep your armor attached to your body? Helmets are obvious, chest pieces are okay, but for small things like shoulder bells or biceps/thigh pieces?

Look forward to seeing more pics dude

Question said:
I was contemplating whether to do an Iron Man or a War Machine

You sir, have made the decision very easy!!!

I must share some thoughts

1) Amazing pep work. Simply amazing. You're role model material dude.

2) Sorry for the noob question (apologies to everyone, not just you) but how do you guys keep your armor attached to your body? Helmets are obvious, chest pieces are okay, but for small things like shoulder bells or biceps/thigh pieces?

Look forward to seeing more pics dude

Dont worry thats not a noob question. I haven't heard that yet

Here is how I connect everything together. I use Quick release buckles and webbing

Here are some pics to show what I mean. I mocked up my very rough stage Mark III torso to show you.

You can use this for pretty much every part, Just visualize it for other parts and apply what you see here.

DSC04522.jpg

DSC04521.jpg

DSC04524.jpg

DSC04523.jpg

hope that helps you

I can not decide which of your work is better...You're incredible, I will try to speed in doing MarkIII, because the armor of WM is fantastic, Juice is a great, and you're creating a masterpiece. :D :D :D

Hey Stealth, I'm new here. I've been inspired to try my hand at building Wm armor. One question I have is what are you using for the neck and is it articulated?

Lots of cosplayers build in foam. I could also just use the iron man one I have and just cast it in flex foam and paint it with acrylics.

I don't think it would make much difference. You can barely see the neck anyways. The suit is a beast lol

STEALTH said:
Lots of cosplayers build in foam. I could also just use the iron man one I have and just cast it in flex foam and paint it with acrylics.

I don't think it would make much difference. You can barely see the neck anyways. The suit is a beast lol

Yeah im gonna try and do that aswell and some how incorporate it into the arm joints so that you cannot see the body suit underneath it

I was thinking and I remembered I used to have this Air Hog and it was pretty small. I think it would be perfect for the Servo hinge system for the Iron Man helmets. The control is about the size of a large calculator.

C%20AH-64%20Apache%20Havoc%20Heli%20Indoor%20Infrared%20Micro%20Helicopter_.jpg

Hey Stealth,

How do you figure out the scale of the armor. I now I'm a noob but I've looked all over on how to scale the ironman armor.

If you can give me a clue I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back