War Machine Armor Build - (Iron Man 2) -W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nekron99 said:
Hey Stealth,

How do you figure out the scale of the armor. I now I'm a noob but I've looked all over on how to scale the ironman armor.

If you can give me a clue I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

I can walk you through the scaling process for Iron Man armour. Add me on MSN or Skype.

MSN: xtremetactics@hotmail.com

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys got the legs strengthened (took forever) and thought I'd try them on, they fit great and mobility is really nice. They'll be positioned higher up a little more and I'll be wearing workboots so my short italianess will get a little boost. They'll be connected on the custom harness I make for everything to hang off of. it should all flow nicely. Lucky I'm well proportioned so I'll at least look tall in pics :)

DSC04542.jpg

dubean33 said:

Oh man, that is looking awesome... really getting into the switch from Mk III to WM now...

I have studied the mounting system that is in the movie, and while it might be better for overall weight distribution, I have a nagging feeling that because the main swing arm extends away from the main base, and including the weight of the motor to turn the micro-gun, I think the damned thing would be wobbling and bouncing all over the place. Which at first glance might not seem the end of the world, but we have to consider that the plastic surface near the mount point would undoubtably crack at the very least.

I think the only viable option (unless we make the backplate out of steel or AC aluminum) is to use a very basic cantilever shoulder-mounted system which limits movement to a small up and down range.

I ask because I am having trople scailing it.

Edit: Could you by chance tell me what you scaled the pieces to?

STEALTH said:
hey guys got the legs strengthened (took forever) and thought I'd try them on, they fit great and mobility is really nice. They'll be positioned higher up a little more and I'll be wearing workboots so my short italianess will get a little boost. They'll be connected on the custom harness I make for everything to hang off of. it should all flow nicely. Lucky I'm well proportioned so I'll at least look tall in pics :)

DSC04542.jpg

Looks amazing dude

Man I hope I don't run into any trouble with the scaling since i'm shorter than you lol

Last time I post this, I swear.

Anybody with scaling issues or questions, please feel free to ask me via PM, MSN or Skype.

MSN: xtremetactics@hotmail.com

Sorry STEALTH, not meaning to draw attention away from your awesome armour.

Anyway, back on topic.

Dude, that armour looks amazing so far! Keep it up, we're all are biting our nails in anticipation to see how truly EPIC this turns out.

I smell Elite coming soon!

Its ok tactics. I only really know my scale since me and Le-yo-ra were guessing early when the files were released. We are close in height. anything I suggest is an estimate. Thanks for always offering people some techinal help on scaling.

You're an unsung hero in my book.

strengthened the inside of the entire upper parts minus the guns. I just attatched everything temporarily not really measuring lengths and what not, just mocked up quick to see how it looks on me

I think it flows nicely and mobility is really nice, especially on the shoulders, They just move with you when you raise your arms.

hopefully I can start some body work soon, I'm getting sick of seeing it in white. ugh..

oh ignore the muscle suit, its something I tried to make a while back for a superman costume. I just thought it would be good to wear to hold some parts up so they didn't fall, like the biceps and forearms since there is padding there .

(but they started to drop anyways so it was a fail)

DSC04556.jpg

i just wanted to say that i love this build so far! it is going to look great when it is done.

what are you plans for this build, are you going to mold it? are you gonna bondo? just curious lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back