War Machine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I've been lurking around here for a month or so and keeping an eye on everyone's progress...nice work! I have been slowly altering the model files for closer movie accuracy. I'm uploading a separated abdomen and lower back sections in obj format. The models aren't fully complete...missing tabs etc. I'm not a professional modeler by any means, so if you want to add tweaks to my changes...feel free.

abseparation.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE...

http://www.4shared.com/file/IMCXoB8V/war_machine_separated_abdomen.html

JUICE said:
Well, how many pieces would be left of a computer if I smashed it 456,128,739 and a half times with a sledgehammer? I had a little over ten hours in the helmet and ERROR.... unable to load file. Even the backup will not load. I might start over on it when I calm down, but right now I've got to go do something else to take my mind off it.

Dude. I am in IT and that sucks. Sorry to hear you lost everything. I KNOW how that feels. Happens to me at least once a year. Just don't go Office Space on it and you might find the file someplace else. Sometime the PC backs up something in the most ridiculous places.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vyronix said:
I was wondering, does anyone else have a problem with Dubean's unfolds. They seem to have a lot of flaps so tiny that I can't even glue them together and some overlapping sections. I can unfold them all if other people are having trouble, so if you are tell me and I'll make the unfolds easier

-Vyronix

Can you give me an example of what you're talking about? I've pepped nearly every file i've unfolded and didn't run into any troubles. Yes there are some tiny overlaps but in the grand scheme of things i doubt if any of them would effect the outcome of the build. As far as i'm concerned, these files are straightforward and easy to build. They are smooth with minimal creases and come in large pieces that save paper and time. I hate when unfolds are separated into dozens of tiny pieces when they could easily be combined into one or two pieces saving you all that time cutting flaps.

If you want to unfold all the files again then by all means go for it dude but this model isn't super hi-res movie accurate, so the minimal loss in detail with slight overlaps can easily be fixed in the finishing stages of building.

hmmm I think the unfolds are great

I'm not having any troubles with this suit. It's been a cake walk.

keep up the good work Ian

-Stefano

a second to that STEALTH... dubean's and juice's files are all user friendly.... haven't encountered any problems that can't be fix/pepped easily.... even the abs are great. we're just waiting for the helmet and the neck,lol.....

Juice.... i'll patiently wait for your helmet....even though i'm not progressing as of now due to work, i still want those complete Juice's/Dubean's WarMachine.... :D

I got the Marvel Select war machine figure today, and I just noticed, the shoulder bells are put on wrong. what is the deal with that? the square closest to the neck is moved down closer to the bicep?!

le-yo-ra said:
a second to that STEALTH... dubean's and juice's files are all user friendly.... haven't encountered any problems that can't be fix/pepped easily.... even the abs are great. we're just waiting for the helmet and the neck,lol.....

Juice.... i'll patiently wait for your helmet....even though i'm not progressing as of now due to work, i still want those complete Juice's/Dubean's WarMachine.... :D

same here, i am waiting for the whole suit to be 100 % done.

dubean33 said:
Can you give me an example of what you're talking about? I've pepped nearly every file i've unfolded and didn't run into any troubles. Yes there are some tiny overlaps but in the grand scheme of things i doubt if any of them would effect the outcome of the build. As far as i'm concerned, these files are straightforward and easy to build. They are smooth with minimal creases and come in large pieces that save paper and time. I hate when unfolds are separated into dozens of tiny pieces when they could easily be combined into one or two pieces saving you all that time cutting flaps.

If you want to unfold all the files again then by all means go for it dude but this model isn't super hi-res movie accurate, so the minimal loss in detail with slight overlaps can easily be fixed in the finishing stages of building.

I guess it's just me.

[EDIT] Hold on I found out all I needed to do was "Join Adjacent Edges" and it got fixed. Sorry about complaining :( Anyway keep it up JUICE and Dubean

Vyronix said:
I guess it's just me.

[EDIT] Hold on I found out all I needed to do was "Join Adjacent Edges" and it got fixed. Sorry about complaining :( Anyway keep it up JUICE and Dubean

Untitled-2.jpg

Here it is with Joined Edges :)

I'm happy you found the problem. Pep 3 is alot better than 2, but it takes a little longer to get used to all of its features.

I've started back on the helmet again. I'm back to where the last update was. I didn't put quite as many faces in this one either. I don't really like doing very low def stuff because that leads to more bondo and that leads to more sanding. I dislike sanding large globs of filler. Anyway, here it is so far..... again. :D

e7ktbd.jpg

Iron Mang said:
I learned something new today

jeeez...me too :eek

@JUICE

I'm glad you're still working on this man. It would be cool to have a complete JUICE-machine suit. To show the world your talent.

Hope to see it soon enough

STEALTH

Iron Mang said:
I learned something new today

when I go to Join Adjacent Edges in pep designer I see 0010.00 mm ( some think like that) did you set the number smaller ?

sorry for noob off topic question

unheared said:
when I go to Join Adjacent Edges in pep designer I see 0010.00 mm ( some think like that) did you set the number smaller ?

sorry for noob off topic question

I usually set it at .5 mm which seemed to have worked good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back