War Machine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveyBoy said:
Maybe this is something that's been talked about earlier in this thread and I missed it?:

I just finished pepakuring (is that a verb?) Dubean33's War Machine Back file dated 3/20/10. And it seems that there's a piece in the left shoulder area that's missing? Its counterpart on the right side is triangle-shaped and numbered 12, 13, and 366. These pieces basically join the almost-horizontal top-of-the-shoulder parts with the more-vertical back parts.

I think I can make this piece by taking that right side, printing it again, and just using it on the other side.

But I thought I'd double-check here to make sure that this is a flaw with that file and not, for some reason, intentional? Perhaps it was updated in a later file and I missed it?

here is the link for revised back.... it has been revised and no intention of whatsoever, enjoy...

war machine back revised ...

Last edited by a moderator:
le-yo-ra said:
here is the link for revised back.... it has been revised and no intention of whatsoever, enjoy...

war machine back revised ...

Thanks very much, sir!

I was just trying to say "hey, other than building my own Robocop, I'm a newb at this!". No disrespect to anybody implied!

Ok. Not alot of progress on the helmet, but it's getting there. I would have it most of the way finished, but I was looking over the faceplate and it just bothered me for some reason. I've spent the last couple of hours aligning and smoothing the mesh. I think it's much better now. I'm going to take a break for a few minutes and then get on with the rest of the helmet. Get it here if you want a closer look. http://www.4shared.com/file/NB0IXVt4/faceplate.html

2j5idt.jpg

JUICE said:
Ok. Not alot of progress on the helmet, but it's getting there. I would have it most of the way finished, but I was looking over the faceplate and it just bothered me for some reason. I've spent the last couple of hours aligning and smoothing the mesh. I think it's much better now. I'm going to take a break for a few minutes and then get on with the rest of the helmet. Get it here if you want a closer look. http://www.4shared.com/file/NB0IXVt4/faceplate.html

2j5idt.jpg

Nice job dude can't wait for the finished product. Keep it up

To my fellow 405th members, this is for Iron Man servo controlled face plate. I want share you the technology that arrogant MasterLe won't share. Thanks to ZABANA! NOW!!! LET THE ARMY OF MACHINES RISE MUAHAHAHAHAH! Hey Juice, Thanks!

p1620261209.jpg

p161901261209.jpg

servotester.png

Parts List

two futaba s148 servos

1 x 555 timer IC

1 x BC547 transistor

1 x 10k Ohm potentiometer (mod with 50k)

2 x 10k Ohm resistors

2 x 100nF condensators

1 x 220k Ohm resistor

1 x 15k Ohm resistor (mod with another 15k resistor in parallel)

You can feed the circuit with 6v maximum.

yeah the eyes could be made a little smaller. A tiny smidge

I see it too but I could be wrong

the rest of the shape looks awesome though

Iron Mang said:
something like this:

animationcnzypj.gif

The angle and size of the faceplate itself are off on that overlay. That's part of the problem. If they're too big, it's only by a little bit.

if u add the actual colored parts of the eyes...the little parallelogram shaped screens, u may not notice the wide-eyed'ed'ness. I make up words.

starkmark4 said:
if u add the actual colored parts of the eyes...the little parallelogram shaped screens, u may not notice the wide-eyed'ed'ness. I make up words.

making them a smidge smaller could still work but you make a good point

side note

I hope JUICE isn't reading this thinking

"bah screw ya'll" lol

Zorens said:
To my fellow 405th members, this is for Iron Man servo controlled face plate. I want share you the technology that arrogant MasterLe won't share. Thanks to ZABANA! NOW!!! LET THE ARMY OF MACHINES RISE MUAHAHAHAHAH! Hey Juice, Thanks!

p1620261209.jpg

p161901261209.jpg

servotester.png

Parts List

two futaba s148 servos

1 x 555 timer IC

1 x BC547 transistor

2 x 10k Ohm resistors

2 x 100nF condensators

1 x 220k Ohm resistor

Thanks for the info!!

Zorens said:

p1620261209.jpg

p161901261209.jpg

servotester.png

Parts List

two futaba s148 servos

1 x 555 timer IC

1 x BC547 transistor

2 x 10k Ohm resistors

2 x 100nF condensators

1 x 220k Ohm resistor

Geez, I really need to take a crash course in small electronics... or find a book that will bring me up to speed. I took an electronics class years ago in college, but there wasn't much focus on practicality / building stuff. I just scratch my head whenever anybody shows me one of those diagrams. And of course, I'd like to put in lots of special effects like a microphone, multiple speakers, lights, etc., just like everybody else.

Great work juice! Even though I've got a helmet, I'll probably try this one out! I would have to agree the eyes are a tad bit too big.. and ya got a weird bump...

JuiceFaceplate.jpg

I'd just bring the line that parallels the eyes straight down.

Once again great work!

For anyone that's interested.. I'm working on a hinge system as well. here is the start of it. Faceplate hinges.

Cheers,

-Jay

JUICE said:
Nope, they just look that way.

m6o37.jpg

Its all good. I can fix it with bondo.

JAM Designs said:
Great work juice! Even though I've got a helmet, I'll probably try this one out! I would have to agree the eyes are a tad bit too big.. and ya got a weird bump...

JuiceFaceplate.jpg

I'd just bring the line that parallels the eyes straight down.

Once again great work!

For anyone that's interested.. I'm working on a hinge system as well. here is the start of it. Faceplate hinges.

Cheers,

-Jay

Thanks

I like criticism, to an extent. :D It helps keep me in check. I narrowed the eyes by about 1/8" - 3/16". If I go any more than that it looks wierd so I'm going to leave it at that. I removed the tri that was sticking up at the cheek. It wasn't there to start with but the ref image I was looking at, at the time, looked like that. I looked over my other images and just deleted the tri. I'm about halfway through with the rest of the helmet as of now.

1076ra0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back