War Machine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. I've been working on the missle pod during my breaks at work today, so I'll have it uploaded tonight if all goes well. I'm going to make it an integral part of the torso, so all you'll have to do is set the scale factor the same on it as your torso and it will drop right in.

r0sewk.jpg

Your work is epic. I thought you might like to know what we're doing w/ our war machine suit. Besides the helmet visor opening, we're also putting strobe LED's in the gauntlet guns and minigun, but along w/ that we plan on using the motor of an osciallting fan to make the entire gun rotate while the chambers are spinning. I'll have 2 see what else the suit is capable of in the film 2 plan further.

I can't wait JUICE. Your models are outstanding and completely spot on. Thanks for spending your time making these files for us, I can't thank you enough.

just ran across this thread today, Ive been glued to it for the last 2 hours, and all I have to say is "Amazing!" And it looks like I found my new build. JUICE, your a beast, Dubean thanks for the unfolds. Keep up the great work guys and thank you for putting forth the effort to do this.

so i combined the chest and back piece waiting on a reply from JUICE about it because what i found was that the back and front did not line up so i combined them with some mods has anyone else found this problem

JUICE said:
My laptop keeps corrupting the files when I save them on it, so yet again, I had to do this one over again. It's not as good as I would like it to be because I don't know how to boolean the cones into the face correctly. Maybe someone could assist?

PDO---> http://www.4shared.com/file/QtuaC2nJ/pod.html

MAX---> http://www.4shared.com/file/scC_qKna/rocketpodtest.html

25tyg6v.jpg

swxmgy.jpg

2ro6v45.jpg

juice are the scaling the same as the chest?

box o crayon.... scroll onto previous pages.... you could find that some of us built it with ease and doesn't have that much problem on pairing the chest and back.... scale the back the way you scale the chest.... hope this helps... goodluck to your war machine...haha...

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome work, I'll probably be doing the missle pod last after the rondoing and glassing.. Great work on the pod.

Juice! Your ridiculous!!! you definitely inspired me! keep it up! oh and what is this armor scaled too?

EDIT: I see that the scale was mentioned but i dont know what that was in the first place...

Haha. Well, at least I'm not ludicrous. Whatever the scale factor is on the chest and back (that you've already scaled to fit you) will be the scale factor you enter for these.

This is great work.I'm trying to determine what effect to put w/ these missiles. I think LED's in the tips would be a bit cheesy. Ideas?

How about slits around the actual missles, with LEDs shining inside > out. It'll create a cool lottle ring affect around individual rockets and shouldn't look as cheesy.

there's an idea...thanks. I was thinking of something similar but throwing a fog machine in it too...lol 2 much work tho. Especially trying to time the fog right so it looks like the missiles smoking...not even gonna try

Maybe this is something that's been talked about earlier in this thread and I missed it?:

I just finished pepakuring (is that a verb?) Dubean33's War Machine Back file dated 3/20/10. And it seems that there's a piece in the left shoulder area that's missing? Its counterpart on the right side is triangle-shaped and numbered 12, 13, and 366. These pieces basically join the almost-horizontal top-of-the-shoulder parts with the more-vertical back parts.

I think I can make this piece by taking that right side, printing it again, and just using it on the other side.

But I thought I'd double-check here to make sure that this is a flaw with that file and not, for some reason, intentional? Perhaps it was updated in a later file and I missed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back