Warhammer 40k Space Marine: Black Templar (90% finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it took me awhile to get pictures of the night (and I didn't get too many), but like most of you.. I too went to the Halo: Reach premiere.
Sadly there were no spartans for me to mock battle.
cimg0352.jpg

cimg0339.jpg

cimg0357h.jpg

They had me pose in front of their displays for pictures, took me forever to get the pictures from them though -.-;

I decided it was best I not bring my Hammer to the mall.

Thanks for the kind responses! I used mostly pepakura for all of it (and resin/bondo of course). was my first time using pep/resin/ or bondo though - it seemed to come out all right. for the detailing I made templates and cut the shapes out of 1-3mm styrene (for sale signs and trash cans =P). The aged gold look is just brilliant gold, sanded down a bit for an aged look, then wiped over with some black acrylic.

This has been a real fun project =P
I had a hell of a time collecting the pepakura files I used for this project though, I am not sure why they were so hard to find. If anyone else has any desire to start a project like this or wants to use the pep files. I uploaded my collection to rapidshare. I think its about 3 full sets of different kinds of SM armor and a ton of unfolded weapons. There are a bunch of just 3d models of weapons in there too if you want to play around with those. Hopefully it helps someone.
http://rapidshare.com/files/408543879/Astarte2s.rar.html

This has helped me soooo much. Thank you very much Djinn! Your armor looks amazing!

Looks fantastic! I bet you had fun.

I'd love to take my costume down to the local GW but it's not finished yet ;)
Speaking of which, can you please advise how you strapped it all together? In particular, the shoulders to the chest peice?

I apologies if it's somewhere in the 7 pages previous...I don't have time at the minute to go through them!

In addition, how mobile/comfy is your costume?

Thanks very much, I hope to pick up my progress again soon.

NC.

The way I attached the chest to the BP is really simple actually. a bit of nylon strapping coming from the arm end of the chest and connecting (by three prong clasp) to another bit of nylon strapping coming out of the middle of the shoulder bell. Both sides simply glued/riveted in place. Simple, easy to detach, adjustable.. allows for good mobility and is easily repairable if broken. I'd find the picture.. but I posted it so long ago I dont even remember where I put it haha.

As for movement goes, its not all that uncomfortable on me, its just heavy. I have only been able to last 6-7 hours MAXIMUM in the suit before my body starts to fail me. I could probably wear it longer, but once it gets to the point where I'm so exhausted I worry about blacking out and damaging the suit in a fall.. meh..
Better materials would reduce the weight and improve wear time though. It currently weighs around 75lbs without the helmet or hammer/gun.
It moves very easily though, I can sort of reach my head and.. well.. theres a video of me wearing it from PAX that you can see most of the movement of the suit on if you care to check it out. Some interview with turtle Beach.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back