Props Warthog Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Air Navy

IMG_6066.JPG
IMG_5497.JPG
Well, not exactly a prop, but I don't see a 'vehicles' section. And I guess you can technically hold the steering wheel...
Anyhow, started in Jan 2014 and making slow progress. I don't want to clobber the forums with pictures or broken links, but hopefully this can wet the appetite. You can follow further on Facebook here:
The Warthog Build

Started with a 1994 Ford F250 truck as the base vehicle, but ended up just using the engine, transmission, and rear axle. It's mostly steel and will likely be heavy when complete. It starts and drives around, although its still just tack-welded in spots. Still no idea how it'll handle at 'high' speeds yet (if it can even get there...)

Anyhow, long way to go still, maybe another year or so. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Some body work is in progress now... Mostly welded, but many parts will be hinged for storage access. The hood raises and will be its own piece, of course, but the body will be mostly 18gauge sheet metal strategically welded on and removable in some areas.
IMG_5739.JPG
IMG_6049.JPG

WOW!!! Ok terrific. So we now have a tank and warthog under construction........Our firepower grows!!!! SHOTGUN!!!!!

Is it desiel or gas engine? Looks killer always wanted to build one of these. But I've never be able to come up with the funds for a project like this. Looks like you've already got some pretty good money tied up in wheels tires, suspension and I see a lot of shiny new parts. Good luck with the build, I'll be watching this one.

Thanks, all! Appreciate the moral support.

It's got a Ford 351 Windsor (5.8L) gas engine with a C-6 transmission and 4.10 axle gear ratio. I have a feeling it'll a little underpowered, but we'll see...

The key to affording it is to buy in increments, but yeah the wheels and tires alone were the single biggest cost so far o_O

It's located in Southern MD about an hour and a half or so south of D.C.

This thing is going to be street legal right? I would pay good money to see this thing drive through Manhattan just to see the looks on people's faces......would also probably get pulled over by the police..........another type of adventure!!!

Coming along very nicely. I know I would be afraid to drive this through anywhere with lots of people after the turret is installed xD

Looking more and more the a Warthog every time. Keep it up looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back