Props Warthog Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is looking fantastic, I know how car work goes, especially with custom fabrication and figuring things out on the fly. Amazing work, keep it up! The windshield looks great too! did you have a custom mold made for that? or were you able to source a similar piece from somewhere else?
You are too kind. I wish I could take direct credit for the windshield... Although I made the original buck form, I sent it off to Shields, an awesome custom windshield place in Indiana, who made the final molds and polycarbonate windscreen.

This thing is BEAUTIFUL!!! I know you will never sell it, but if you ever have to sell it for any reason at all... DIBS! haha. But seriously, absolutely stunning attention to detail. I genuinely wish I had the skills to do something like this, you should be extremely proud.

Holy crap mate! That looks absolutely amazing! My dream here in the next 15-20 years is to learn how to weld and work on vehicles and eventually work my way to be able to build my own hog, absolutely freaking incredible work mate!

Attachments

• 998F5D2F-E491-4D80-A61C-2D2EC57A7116.jpeg
    998F5D2F-E491-4D80-A61C-2D2EC57A7116.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 365
  • 80BBA623-F65E-4A88-A212-D665B5271A1B.jpeg
    80BBA623-F65E-4A88-A212-D665B5271A1B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 361
  • 177331EB-30AD-486B-855D-220D0CBAAD92.jpeg
    177331EB-30AD-486B-855D-220D0CBAAD92.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 367
  • E32E9B5B-46B5-40D3-88E5-7E60BA1C8458.jpeg
    E32E9B5B-46B5-40D3-88E5-7E60BA1C8458.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 375
No idea exactly, although I started the design in January 2014, got a doner truck in April 2014, and started cutting and welding in June 2014. I work on it about every other weekend and some week days after work/at night. I wish I had more progress but everything I’m doing is the first time doing it, so it takes a while and often has to be done more than once to get it right.

No idea exactly, although I started the design in January 2014, got a doner truck in April 2014, and started cutting and welding in June 2014. I work on it about every other weekend and some week days after work/at night. I wish I had more progress but everything I’m doing is the first time doing it, so it takes a while and often has to be done more than once to get it right.
To me that's the best way to do it. Your doing your hobby, learning new things, and taking your time when you have the free time. Some projects take a week, others take years and that's ok. Everyone has enjoyed the progress so far and we'll keep watching as you keep going :). I myself have just started learning to weld too, and I've spent the better part of last year learning base structure building and where to put weld spots. It's been really fun and it's nowhere near done but I'll keep pressing on when I get the time again.

I'm just getting here, but holy hell this is so badass! I'd love to see this rolling up to a con one day!!!! I'll be right in tow with my Umbrella Corporation company car lol keep up the amazing work!

Reactions: BAG
View attachment 241564 View attachment 241565 Well, not exactly a prop, but I don't see a 'vehicles' section. And I guess you can technically hold the steering wheel...
Anyhow, started in Jan 2014 and making slow progress. I don't want to clobber the forums with pictures or broken links, but hopefully this can wet the appetite. You can follow further on Facebook here:
The Warthog Build

Started with a 1994 Ford F250 truck as the base vehicle, but ended up just using the engine, transmission, and rear axle. It's mostly steel and will likely be heavy when complete. It starts and drives around, although its still just tack-welded in spots. Still no idea how it'll handle at 'high' speeds yet (if it can even get there...)

Anyhow, long way to go still, maybe another year or so. Enjoy!
That's amazing. You really are very talented. Please keep us updated on progress. Can't wait to see it hit the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back