Wearing your armor in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
also.........sorry i forgot to add this is my last post but.......when i build my armor i'm going to go around Maple ridge (my town) on my chopper (a self propelled bike that looks like a chopper) it'll be awesome.......watta think?

AoBfrost said:
There could be silver tinting film infront of the goggles so they can still be see through, and on the side, a switch for built in led lights...thats my guess.

quick question.. i'm gonna head back over to the actual creation threads, but since you mentioned it.. do you know of a material that essentially polarizes goggles or lenses? like a sheet of material, or special paint? I'm just trying to mentally piece together my suit.. before I actually start gathering materials. thanks... and this is also just something to think about when wearing the suits in public... I know here in Ak, we don't have to worry too much about it in general public..(I carry my airsoft around in it's holster which looks everybit like a 9mil, but then again I don't have to worry because in the state of Alaska you don't have to have a permit to carry.. you can legally carry at 18, and conceal at 21) but in schools, yea, definitely leave the weapons at home... :) malls and stuff are usually fine, i mean unless the security guards are completely retarded, they should be able to connect the dots: Mk V Armor = fictional character, MA5 Assault Rifle = fictional weapon... hmmm :) But back to topic... the goggles are well done! love 'em! can I ask what was used for Sam's bodysuit?

-vypr

Last edited by a moderator:
One week in October, we have Homecoming week, full of different days to show our school spirit. One of the days is college day, another spirit, blah blah. The greatest of them is Character Day. This past year, I went as Waldo, but next year, which will also be my senior year, my friends and I will be pulling out all the stops. We're making pep armor, dividing ourselves up into two teams, and playing capture the flag all day!

When i get mine done i will wear it to my carnival/dance at my school.My science teacher, she plays halo. She is supposeivly good, but she wont play us.

Upon completion, I plan to parade around the grocery store wearing my suit while shopping for lettuce and other organic produce...

Or we could walk around saying " am i cool to you' to random people and put it on youtube. Im also goin to gamestop

When you go out, make sure you have a buddy with you to act as a kid deflector, and as a safety in case you have a problem with your costume. Those little hands like to grab parts off of your costume. LOL Its typical with alot of 501st members to go out as a group, or with people to take the photos, and to assist in case of a member needing help while in costume.

As far as publicly gaining funds even for charity donations, using the halo costume, I think you need approval form Microsoft for that. But just going out and having fun in a halo costume is legally free as I understand it.

I know there alot of rules with that though, like you cannot sign anything as the character using the characters name, the list goes on.

Once i went to the grocery store with a friend to buy some chips (dont ask me why ..LOL) in my Chief armor and i could hear some 7-8 years old kids scream : OMG MOMMY ITS MAZER CHIEFF

I got a video of that somewhere..

having fun in armor is what it is all about. But going different places is very difficult, I can't suit down in any of my suits. That and anything over 3 hours just begins to hurt regardless of how well you have taylored you suits.

Soon as i get my armour made i gonna go walking round my local shopping district with someone recording me. Should be fun seeing all the reactions.

Going to Gamestop or any game store in my Master Chief armor is always fun. Everyone always says "OMG ITS MASTERCHIEF!! HOLY **** CAN I TAKE A PICTURE!!" and the kids in the store usually follow me around the store without saying anything. I ask them "uhh is there something I can help you with?". And all they would do is just stand there, smile, and stare.

Walking around in armor is fun. I went to the last day of high school in medieval armor, got in the senior picture wearing it earlier in the year, too.

vypr07 said:
malls and stuff are usually fine, i mean unless the security guards are completely retarded, they should be able to connect the dots: Mk V Armor = fictional character, MA5 Assault Rifle = fictional weapon... hmmm :) But back to topic... the goggles are well done! love 'em! can I ask what was used for Sam's bodysuit?
-vypr

I'd rathher be safe than sorry. Hearing you say that makes me think, 'just wait until some idiot does that and he really has a weapon and...'

Yeah, unlikely...I do doubt somone would be that stupid. I mean if you dresse up in a suit of armor you kind of stick out. I just had to point that out, it was nagging me.

So yeah now that thats out of the way when I finally get mine done I might wear it to MTAC,but I'll definaetly wear it to GAmestop if only to bug the heck out of bro. Hes supposed to start working there after turns 18 in a couple of months.

Darth-Malevelus said:
When you go out, make sure you have a buddy with you to act as a kid deflector, and as a safety in case you have a problem with your costume. Those little hands like to grab parts off of your costume. LOL Its typical with alot of 501st members to go out as a group, or with people to take the photos, and to assist in case of a member needing help while in costume.

yea i had this problem, when i wore my costume this halloween. a bunch of little seventh graders came up to me and were like "oh snap look its master chief" then they crowded around and started to try and pull it off, until i pushed them off and was about to punch this fat kid in the face when he insulted my assault rifle. i hate little kids.......but just beofre that, a bunch of seinors in highschool came over and took my picture, and asked how i made it evt. then requested that i say a line from halo i said "sir finishing this fight" and they all flipped out. it was cool. but now i have to make my armor better for this year.

I plan on having my suit done by this fall. I'll debut it at school during Spirit Week, there's always a "Good vs. Evil Day" or "Your Personal Hero Day" or "Video Game Character Day" that would be perfect. Then Halloween. Then Halo Wars release day (providing its released late enough that my suit is done). My Morality teacher (Catholic school) has played a little Halo 3, but makes fun of me all the time for being a geek. Can't wait to see his reaction when I walk in!

ha ha im wearing my halo suit to my high school grad just started on a costume with led lights power supply air tanks cooling system video camera built into helmet and it all plugs in to my pc via usb to charge and transfer music and videos o ya! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back