Website Design Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma LS

Sr Member
I know there are several graphic designers on here so I thought I'd put this here first.

Well I finally got far enough along in my original story and art for the "Shadowhawks Project" to give in and buy myself a domain and some hosting services.

In short I need a website designed for www.shadowhawksproject.com, news section in front, chapter sections, concept art gallery, forum setup, etc. PM me for details. The website that I choose to be best will be commissioned for $200 cash or my Nightmare Armor Master Chief helm, whatever you prefer.

I have concept art available to use as graphics, logos, banners, flash, etc. but most are black and white sketches that need to be color CGed. If someone will professionally high resolution CG the entire concept art collection (approximately 80 pictures) with backgrounds, I will also commission them for $200 or my Nightmare Armor Master Chief helm.

This is a chance to obtain some armor or some good cash either way you look at it. I need serious applications only. Prices may be negotiable depending on the quality of the work, just don't ask for my 001 Sean helm or my Bluerealm stuff.

Don't forget to post samples of your work here.

Sigma-LS said:
I know there are several graphic designers on here so I thought I'd put this here first.

Well I finally got far enough along in my original story and art for the "Shadowhawks Project" to give in and buy myself a domain and some hosting services.

In short I need a website designed for www.shadowhawksproject.com, news section in front, chapter sections, concept art gallery, forum setup, etc. PM me for details. The website that I choose to be best will be commissioned for $200 cash or my Nightmare Armor Master Chief helm, whatever you prefer.
I have concept art available to use as graphics, logos, banners, flash, etc. but most are black and white sketches that need to be color CGed. If someone will professionally high resolution CG the entire concept art collection (approximately 80 pictures) with backgrounds, I will also commission them for $200 or my Nightmare Armor Master Chief helm.
This is a chance to obtain some armor or some good cash either way you look at it. I need serious applications only. Prices may be negotiable depending on the quality of the work, just don't ask for my 001 Sean helm or my Bluerealm stuff.

Don't forget to post samples of your work here.

hmm im interested , but i dont exactly know what your trying to get at , can you say again what you would like us to do for you? i will help if you like

i am a good drawer, and im sure its a stupid question that i know the answer to but whats cg? i will help if you like , just explain it a lil bit more clearly ahah thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
dallis said:
hmm im interested , but i dont exactly know what your trying to get at , can you say again what you would like us to do for you? i will help if you like

i am a good drawer, and im sure its a stupid question that i know the answer to but whats cg? i will help if you like , just explain it a lil bit more clearly ahah thanks

CG=Computer Generated.

Would love to help, and would give you my site design. But my site is more important to me... sorry :p

(I need my site to look like teh secks because it's a website for my company, Lithios Entertainment.)

Gravemind said:
You want an HTML site, or something involving Javascript and things of that nature?

I know HTML can be much more of a pain, but either is fine with me. Just keep in mind I have .5 Ters (Edit not gigs) of bandwith

Ill help you out any way i can sigma. Even if my efforts are in vain. I helped design my schools webpage last year, so I have some experience. Ill look into what software I have available and everything. I think i'm running frontpage on this PC and dreamweaver on the other. Is there a certain deadline that you need to make?

This could be used as the intro logo rather than the giant unsc logo, or it can be cut down as a banner, I dunno, I made this last time we had this contest, but no one won.

banner2.png

I may be able to help with some of the smaller work, maybe just helping you with concept, but I can't do the scripting or designing as my schedule is full. Is this site meant to be a "pitch" page for your story concept, or more of a personal project? You may want to do something along the line of an iFrame or a Flash site.

Also, for you drawings you want to have CG'ed are they on sketch paper or notebook? And do you want someone to vectorize your line art or Digitally paint it? No to be a dork or anything, saying CG is too wide of a term. You should define this a little more, since one take a lot more work than the other. If you just want someone to vectorize your line work I can show you how to do it in 30 seconds in Illustrator or how to get cleaner scans in Photoshop.

I've done design and layout for these 3 sites, programming and scripting was done by someone else:

The independent Film I do animation and all designs for:
www.drawnbypain.com
Fan Community for the film
www.dbptv.com
A buisness site
www.protuo.com

My portfolio site is in perpetual construction until I get more work and my reels done.

Oh have ya thought to ask Vexona ? Her designs are very nice, clean and functional, though I have no idea how busy her schedule is.

Thanks for the offers everyone.

What I want is a clean vectorized colored version of the 80 or so 1200 dpi scans of my concept art that I have, some is notebook paper and some is sketch paper. (I actually have someone who is already looking at doing this but won't be able to start until mid-December, I could use at least a couple done before that time if you're interested) I've done some of it myself with canvas X before but usually with lacluster results compared to better artists.

The main point of the site would be to present the written story (I have 29 chapters so far) along with concept art to flesh it out more as new settings/characters/technology is introduced. (maybe do a comic or flash movie somewhere down the line) This is a personal project that I hope to better develop through feedback and participation of the readers.

I would like the setup to be something like Megatokyo or PennyArcade with a latest updates and some sort of rant section plus some forums similar to these to give the fanbase/community a chance to grow and discuss stuff.

I'll also need custom things like banners designed for the site.

I really like the dbp sites, and would like something kind of along those lines for this project. I've done a lot of computer work but never anything like web design so try to bear with my n00biness. Shoot me a PM Skullcandy and we can talk about the specifics in more detail.

I'll also ask Vexona if she's interested in something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back