Weta Accurate Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just use bondo on parts that need smoothing out or need detail. You won't need that much bondo. Just take your time.

You will have to use extra body filler to get rid of that pep, polygonish look

basically, sand away with a mouse sander then i use medium or fine grit sanding sponge. The primer i used for the visors is called KILZ primer-sealer-stain blocker. Works really well, it patches up small scratches or rough spots where you sanded

Im not sure if its silicone safe so do a light coat of regular primer to the helmet

Hey Haji can you write me your e-mail adress i came from germany and search odst visors i will finished my own helm

It looks incredible, from cardboard to this phase. You did awsome job. Congrats, keep in that good work

So, here's a question about cardboard since you obviously have experience with it. I've done some cardboard/paper mache work before, do you prefer it over paper/pepakura? I do, i find that its easier to use but perhaps i'm just not as experienced with Pep-ing things.
Cardboard or Paper? just out of curiosity

i honestly perfer cardboard because i dont have to cut tiny grooves and teeth with pepakura style building

although for some props, pepakura might be faster but i just dont like going through the hastle of cutting and folding

thanks for all the responses guys!

Okay, so all im doing now is some touch ups and polishing and im ready to move onto molding by the end of this week. (ill get pictures up soon once i cover it in a coat of primer)

i have one really big question about the making a mother mold. I understand you have to use a divider but what happens to the space between the the two shells? do you remove the divider or leave it there?

Man, that visor idea- vacuumforming with clear plastic- it's genius! I've never seen it done like that before. Definitely a memorable technique.

Keep up the awesome work, it's really paying off now!

Sweet, glad to see you got the topic back up! Cant wait to see some helmet casts hopefully come out of this soon! :)

literally almost done lol, one more day should do it

100_4938.jpg

Were is the detail on the bottom of the forehead where it comes in from, did you get it from someone or did you make it. Is it foamies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back