• Some other Method

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GMer56

Sr Member
Now a little bit of info about the piece:

On a drop from 7 feet to the floor it was undamaged, throwing it hard five feet to the floor gave it only a 3 small cracks.
Total time to make it (including tracing off my computer screen :D ) is about 36 hours (including the rustoleum paint job).

It looks like so:

P1000696.JPG

wait i want to revote... i didnt understand. I thought you were asking what people used, and you had just worded it strange.

im going to guess Alumilite... or Adamantium

i think its a trick question. fibre glass seems unlikely so thats what im going with. when do we find out the answer?

FIBERGLASS!!!! ask pooper, he did a hot glue , and is re doing it do to him not feeling as though the hot glue method was adequate. its more money but will save u from always wonder what could of been

Some other method.... Definatly a mixture of Hydrogen Bonds and VanDerWahls forces. Perhaps a little dark matter mayhaps?

For some reason I want to say truck bed liner with a lot of layers, but on your armor status it says Rustoleum so I'll go with that.

It looks like it isn't hot glue, because that would have bent without breaking, fiberglass may have cracked even more than that.. Im going to have to go with some other method, did you pour casting resin into the pep piece? Another thing that comes to mind is "rigid wrap", I only ask because of the way it chipped/cracked in that one area..

This stuff?
g1682.jpg

Sooo... should I tell you all right now or wait a little longer?

It actually cracked in two areas and a chip came off the front, but those cracks are very superficial and (obviously) not noticeable.

My handplate is made of paper with hot glue on the inside. No resin. No fiberglass. No bondo. The paint is directly on top of the paper, with a layer of waterproofing on top of that. I'd feel pretty confortable throwing it very hard at a wall (but my parents would be very mad about the wall)

It's bendably, but very, very difficult to physically damage (maybe the paint, though). It's like two steps down from Legenday Armor's handplate (Remember? They ran over it with thier car. 100% Okay.)

I think it's paper and hot-glue.

Nightshade said:
My handplate is made of paper with hot glue on the inside. No resin. No fiberglass. No bondo. The paint is directly on top of the paper, with a layer of waterproofing on top of that. I'd feel pretty confortable throwing it very hard at a wall (but my parents would be very mad about the wall)

It's bendably, but very, very difficult to physically damage (maybe the paint, though). It's like two steps down from Legenday Armor's handplate (Remember? They ran over it with thier car. 100% Okay.)

I think it's paper and hot-glue.
yeah but it must be light if it only sustained that little damage,
but rigid if it cracked. Hot glue would split from stretching (like running over with a car) but I don't think it would from impact (unless GMer is chuck norris :eek:)
plus if you look closely you can see very small wrinkles on the surface, I think that has something to do with it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back