What are the Advantages of a Heat Gun in the Halo Armor Making Universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPRTNBD50

I recently purchased a Heat Gun when I bought resin earlier today. I bought it for Making a set of Mando Plates(Mandolorian as in Boba Fett, Jango Fett etc), but I want it to have more usage in the Armor Making Hobby.
Some uses I know are:
-Making ODST Visors
-Making the Process of Resin Drying faster.

Other than that....I got nothing!
So I just want to know some of the uses you use for a Heat Gun.

Shaping plastic, but I'm sure that's what you were referring to with the visor. I'm not sure, but I think I saw someone used it to scorch their paint... don't quote me on that though :D

If the paint thing works let me know, I'm wondering about that myself...

Shaping plastic, but I'm sure that's what you were referring to with the visor. I'm not sure, but I think I saw someone used it to scorch their paint... don't quote me on that though :D

If the paint thing works let me know, I'm wondering about that myself...

Will try that!

Once I resin and even bondo, I can use the heat gun to bend it to the right shape.

Using a heat gun on paint, just makes it bubble up, and eventually it can discolor it, but I wouldn't recommend a heat gun for paint burns, just use actual fire.

Plastics and some auto body repair materials, warp an pull towards heat. Say if you wanted get a tough to bend visor to curve so you don't crack it, just let the heat gun blow on it a bit and you can avoid a costly replacement. I know that foam is rare for you, but it does help when making cupped areas like knee pads, elbow pads, or shoulder pads. I'll be using it with my Legacy Mando here soon.

I use heat gun for shaping plastic all the time, I run a local shop of plastic stuff, and this thing is so important for my business to keep going.

Heat gun can be used to mold and band a lot of metals, i use it for shaping my plastics as well, and folding my foams.

I'd be careful with dangerous advice like this. First firecrackers, now fire... one day some bored kids might read this and burn down the house. Particularly if they don't realise just how flammable resin can be.

The way you make that sound is that they where going to burn it down anyway, and what happened to Common sense?

The way you make that sound is that they where going to burn it down anyway, and what happened to Common sense?

There are too many examples of complete lack of common sense to just assume it's there. Maybe those people will burn the house down anyway, but if they come up with the idea themselves, then at least they didn't read it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back