What Armor To Buy? High End Rubies, Westerfield Studios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
timecon said:
I went to a huge Halloween convention back in March just before the release of the halo crapola that they call a costume, and saw all the versions they had there not worth the price the highest version is very thin plastic and some of the details are way off.

i posted some pics here
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...hl=timecon+post
yea, It may look cool from a distance, but our stuff is way better.

Last edited by a moderator:
VanDamage said:
I can't see Richie 4Sale it says I don't have permission.

Yeah that is a (green one) Rubies armor, but it will be $743 with shipping.

Again, if you feel like getting Rubies, that's your choice, but we did warn you.

Pep is cheapest... just time-consuming

Mindtolifearts.com is a scam site.

yeah I checked ebay before I came here and all the costumes ther looked liked they wer quickly mass produced .sounds like the only safe way to get the armor u want is to just make it. :)

VanDamage said:
I can't see Richie 4Sale it says I don't have permission.

Yeah that is a (green one) Rubies armor, but it will be $743 with shipping.
Just PM him, his account is Richiedude.

And NO, the armor in the pics you posted, are not Rubies. Compare:
Your link:
Halomasterchief2001.jpg

Rubies costume:
909904-main.jpg

2_64_halo3_launch_aargh.jpg

You can clearly see the difference.

-FSS

Hey guys I've been talking to Richie, I might purchase his if it will fit, and it can be shipped from England to the US in time. Furthermore, yes that armor I posted is Rubies, I'm a graphic designer by trade. And most products differ greatly from their marketing version to their retail version. The shots you posted of the Rubies armor from the convention is a prototype model used for product promotion only. The actual retail model differs greatly, the marketing version is better constructed, painted, and sent out to locations to help promote the product. However, the production version of the mask I like better, for the shaping of it is much more accurate, the only flaw is that one needs to apply a gold film to the visor to make it refelective.

Finnish_Spartan said:
Just PM him, his account is Richiedude.

And NO, the armor in the pics you posted, are not Rubies. Compare:
Your link:
Halomasterchief2001.jpg

Rubies costume:
909904-main.jpg

You can clearly see the difference.

-FSS

Yeah, they are both Rubies, just different Versions.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
The Rubies armor is reffered to as junk/garbage around here lol. Rob Westerfield is actually a Mod here and you can PM him for info on his armor.
Welcome to the 405th!
Yeah. Rubies is not a Well said thing around here, cause it is hated. I made a Thread about the Rules Of Rubies here, check my Account. Both Sets of Armor are about $999.99 Each, and you have the oppurtunity to choose between a Piece of Junk Costume made in a factory, or a Highly Detailed Molded Suit of Armor that can come in different colors, with the ability to add a Matchmaking Logo and Working LED lights, also that it is made in a Bussiness that is safe, takes pride in their work, and is checked for any Flaws and Safety Issues. Buy Rob's Armor. It truely is 50 times better than Rubies.

Jason 'Biff' H said:
next to bluerealms, Adams is probably one of the best ones on here.
Depends on what perspective you look at it, Adams is a 'copy' of a statue =/
Allthough UBER COOL!!

-FSS

I purchase the Rubies Supreme Edition Master Chief - Halo 3 Costume and that is really what you receive :

Halomasterchief2001.jpg

Is not so bad after all... but the Golden Visor need a change !

Yeah, I concur with the visor, i'm gunna apply gold tint to it. Thanks for all your help guys, unfortunately the forums didn't help me what so ever. Just left me empty pockets for the holiday forcing me to buy the Rubies set. I was in Iraq so wasn't thinking about having a custom made Halo suit at the time in 130 degree heat and doing my job.

I was hoping to yield some results in purchasing an armor buy networking, too bad RichieDude is in England, but that's just my luck, lol.

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back