:The cure to Cancer (wach I am Legend)
:The sun die's out
:Aliens take our moon
:The sea level rises and floods us all
:World War 3
:The reincarnation of Hitler
:World runs our of resoursces, and we all go back to cavemen
:Over population
:Finding the holy grail, revealing the truth about mary magdolyn and Jesus ect., all Christianity looses meaning, World dies.....
:Everyone dies frm some new disease that rotts the brain (true)
:eek:r Sun turn in to a black hole
:"The chances of anything coming from mars were a million to 1, but still they came!" War of the worlds (aliens)
:Sun burns out
:Eternity
:planet X theary
:Space clouds
:Cosmos will collapse
:The milkyway will colide with another galaxy
:Nemesis (a huge ball of explosions that you cannot see that will kill us all)

SO WHO CARES LOL! The world is so unstable we could all pop our clog's at any time!

(and thats just a few!)

--smilie120

Razgriz said:
Well, I have a theory about that date.

In Revelations, it states that the beast (anti-christ) will have a seven year reign. The first half of it (three and a half years) will be great. However, the other half will be terrible.
I think that the date may mark the date the anti-christ comes to power, OR halfway through his run of power.

Of course, if this would be true, we are VERY close to end times. Like, the anti-christ would have to be coming to power very soon. It is stated that before the last seven years happens, the youth will rise. Sorta like a revival (I think we are over due for one). Youth groups have been growing and expanding A LOT in the past decade. I think that that will be happening soon.

Something is for certain though. Something is going to have to put us Americans on our knees, if it's on December 21, 2012, then so be it, but it's going to happen. It is stated that the world will be connected through one currency, and that if you are to buy or trade anything during those seven years, you must bear the mark of the beast on the forehead, or the hand. Those who don't receive the mark, will be punished, put to death, or starved to death due to the fact that they can not buy any food.

What could happen that could make us Americans give up on our beloved currency, and say, "We need help! Help us!"? Something big. And it has to happen. Here is my theory on that.

If the Rapture happens at the beginning of the seven years, millions of people just vanish. Now, tell me, what country has one of the largest concentrations of believers in the world? Yep, you guessed it, the United States. Farmers, steel workers, construction workers, you name it, will all disappear. Now tell me, what would happen if half of the United States just vanished? Yeah, chaos. (Half is just a rough estimation)

That would be enough to get us to ask for help. However, this is all just a guess. My finite mind can not compare to His infinite mind. He knows more than me, so I'll leave things up to the Lord. :) When the Rapture is going to happen plays a big role in any theory of end times like that.

I do know that there is going to be a war soon. I may be in those battles. You may be in those battles. Be strong. Refuse the mark, and you will be rewarded.
In the end, it will be worth it. Armageddon will be the last battle, and will be the breaking point for man. He will come to save us though. Doesn't it make your skin tingle when you think about it?
Wow...Thats what i was trying to say...so...many...words... lol GJ!!

Last edited by a moderator:
*sigh* I guess nobody read my post in this thread reguarding the BS Bologna of the wrld ending exactly on December 21st 2012..

Im an atheist, i really dont think there is a god, higher being whatever.
in my opinion all emotions are evolved survival instinct.
eg: your friend falls of a ladder and brakes their leg, i think the sadness is just our instinct to survive. as we dont like members of our species dying.

and also all this faith stuff is just to stop us getting depressed, imagine if some emotionally unstable people didnt have an "afterlife" to go to, would you feel sad?

and also why are there no modern day miracles or another Jesus or Buddha?

i just have no faith atall in any of these things,
sorry if i offended someone in this post!

GruntOfAction said:
*sigh* I guess nobody read my post in this thread reguarding the BS Bologna of the wrld ending exactly on December 21st 2012..

Oh no, I read it. I agree with you. I don't think that anything along the lines of climate changing, gravity changing things are going to happen. That's silly! :rolleyes
I also don't think that anything special will happen on that date. I was just posting my theory about IF something were to happen on that date, what it would be.

"Razgriz, If you truly believe in all that nonsense I really feel sorry for you. Your post makes you sound exactly like a severely mind washed cult devotee. Remember, you are ONLY a Christian because by some fluke, you were born, in America, where that belief system has been normalised (only 33% of the world identify with Judaeo Christian polytheism), Had you been born in the middle east, you'd be a Muslim, in Asia perhaps a Buddhist, had you been born in a more educated country, who knows you may have even been an atheist." ---NZ-TK

*sigh* Whatever you say. I am Christian by choice. Not because of where I was born. It wasn't a fluke I was born in the U.S.A.

I am far from brain washed. I have free will and chose to worship the one true God, my Lord, with it. I've read a lot of your post on this subject. You sound like you harbor something against believers. Don't know what they ever did to you.
As for the chaos thing, I'm talking about the U.S. would be in utter choas because a lot of workers ove rher are believers.
Do you think that there is a scientific explanation for everything?

Razgriz said:
Well, I have a theory about that date.

In Revelations, it states that the beast (anti-christ) will have a seven year reign. The first half of it (three and a half years) will be great. However, the other half will be terrible.
I think that the date may mark the date the anti-christ comes to power, OR halfway through his run of power.

Of course, if this would be true, we are VERY close to end times. Like, the anti-christ would have to be coming to power very soon. It is stated that before the last seven years happens, the youth will rise. Sorta like a revival (I think we are over due for one). Youth groups have been growing and expanding A LOT in the past decade. I think that that will be happening soon.

Something is for certain though. Something is going to have to put us Americans on our knees, if it's on December 21, 2012, then so be it, but it's going to happen. It is stated that the world will be connected through one currency, and that if you are to buy or trade anything during those seven years, you must bear the mark of the beast on the forehead, or the hand. Those who don't receive the mark, will be punished, put to death, or starved to death due to the fact that they can not buy any food.

What could happen that could make us Americans give up on our beloved currency, and say, "We need help! Help us!"? Something big. And it has to happen. Here is my theory on that.

If the Rapture happens at the beginning of the seven years, millions of people just vanish. Now, tell me, what country has one of the largest concentrations of believers in the world? Yep, you guessed it, the United States. Farmers, steel workers, construction workers, you name it, will all disappear. Now tell me, what would happen if half of the United States just vanished? Yeah, chaos. (Half is just a rough estimation)

That would be enough to get us to ask for help. However, this is all just a guess. My finite mind can not compare to His infinite mind. He knows more than me, so I'll leave things up to the Lord. :) When the Rapture is going to happen plays a big role in any theory of end times like that.

I do know that there is going to be a war soon. I may be in those battles. You may be in those battles. Be strong. Refuse the mark, and you will be rewarded.
In the end, it will be worth it. Armageddon will be the last battle, and will be the breaking point for man. He will come to save us though. Doesn't it make your skin tingle when you think about it?

Its good to see alot of other Christians with the same beliefs as me. NZ-TK although I completely disagree with you and believe this is not nonsense as you put it you are still entitled to your own opinion but I just ask that you dont try and bash others beliefs by calling it nonsense. We are not a cult and it amazes me that people think that way. It just seems like nonbelievers try and pick a fight with us with the intent of just trying to make us slip up or be hippo critical. If you read the bible EVERY profficy is and has come true but one and that is the rapture. Yes there is more and more science that "disproves" the bible every day but they forget that God is God and he has ultimate power. But what people fail to realize that there is science that proves the bible every day like here where it proves the bibles missing day. And what are the chances that this planet could sustain life. Its not too close to boil us all or not to far where we freeze to death. And why is our earth tilted? If it wasnt then we would all fly off into space. Scientist even say there is no real reason that we are tilted. And what about evolution? Think about this a pastor once told me that there are like 13 or something stages of a blood clot. That means that EVERYTHING would of had to evolve 13 time or one scratch would make them bleed to death. And if it takes millions of years to evolve then everything would have bleed to death along time ago. Some say there are too many reason not to believe in God where I think there are too many reason too believe in him.

NZ-TK said:
Razgriz, If you truly believe in all that nonsense I really feel sorry for you. Your post makes you sound exactly like a severely mind washed cult devotee. Remember, you are ONLY a Christian because by some fluke, you were born, in America, where that belief system has been normalised (only 33% of the world identify with Judaeo Christian polytheism), Had you been born in the middle east, you'd be a Muslim, in Asia perhaps a Buddhist, had you been born in a more educated country, who knows you may have even been an atheist.

Actually for hundreds of years the civilised world functioned perfectly fine without america. If america ceased to exist there would be no chaos, you just think that because you live in a highly insular and self obsessed country, Im not blaming you for this at all, its just the way american media is.
If you dont agree with someone, you dont need to flame them for their belief, no one is bashing you for being atheist.

Many people could consider atheism nonsense too, ever think of that?

Do you think that there is a scientific explanation for everything?
The universe operates according to physical law. these laws don't change. Can you give me an example of something (that exists) that cannot be explained "scientifically"?
you dont need to flame them for their belief, no one is bashing you for being atheist.
I didn't flame anyone, I truly feel sorry for people that believe in the rapture.
I completely disagree with you and believe this is not nonsense as you put it

Main Entry:1non·sense
Pronunciation:
\?nän-?sen(t)s, ?nän(t)-s?n(t)s\
Function noun
Date:1614
1 a: words or language having no meaning or conveying no intelligible ideas b (1): language, conduct, or an idea that is absurd or contrary to good sense (2): an instance of absurd action

I would say "nonsense" is probably the most polite word I could have used

I can prove 1 thing which exist but cannot be proven scientifically, only 1 thing.

LOVE.

You cant scientifically prove love exist, but you know when you see that girl/guy you love...well....your in love.....The attraction which makes couples, and which has made the world go round for thousands of years.

So....if love can exist without explanation, I'm sure there are other "things or beliefs" which can also exist without scientific explanation.

Claiming someone to be nonsense to belief in something you dont, is flaming.

Believing in the rapture is a person's choice, maybe I feel sad for people who believe aliens and nukes will fire and blow up the world.

You cant scientifically prove love exist, but you know when you see that girl/guy you love...well....your in love.....The attraction which makes couples, and which has made the world go round for thousands of years.
"
"Love" is a fairly loose umbrella term for a complex series of psychological physiological and biological processes to ensure successful breeding. At the core "love" is the term used to describe the feelings associated with the release of vasopressin and oxytocin when stimulated by a mate, these hormones become addictive, hence the severe depression encountered by people that loose their partners for one reason or another. Its chemistry. It is a confusing philosophy I find common in Christians, If they cant understand something, they assume it to be devine. Personally I prefer to read a book or two before declaring something must only exist because some type of sky daddy made it so.
Claiming someone to be nonsense to belief in something you dont, if flaming
I believe there is a teapot orbiting Saturn, I cant prove it is, but you cant prove its not, it tells me I am meant to be the king of the world. I expect you to respect my beliefs.....nonsense.

I believe there is a teapot orbiting Saturn, I cant prove it is, but you cant prove its not, it tells me I am meant to be the king of the world. I expect you to respect my beliefs.....nonsense.
If you cannot respect someone's belief, even if you dont agree, please go away, we dont need negative opposer's to come here and start calling us nonsense just because we believe something you dont. If you have no respect for us, please just leave and dont come back, because right now, you're showing 0 respect for anyone.

Dont know if I wish to post since I might start a flamewar just being here, but here it goes.
Im atheist
*Hides behind a box, and holds a bucket of water*

Anyway here is some religious support.
athei.jpg

People who do not even know me want me gone. I Rock SO MCUCH, see? I rock so hard, that I dont even have to spell much correctly.

Some parts of that article I agree and dont agree with.

The part saying get out of our country was a bit rough, but the rest, especially the currency part was interesting.

Many people will also argue the country was/wasnt founded by Christians, but it really isnt important who founded it, what is important is that people should have freedom and respect to practice any type of religion and belief they want to, without being flamed or bashed because of it.

GruntOfAction said:
And the whole "2012 we all die" thing...People don't read the full thing.

The event on December 21st, 2012 is the end of the CYCLE of the Myian callender.. You know what that means? Correct, it goes into the NEXT CYCLE.

You have a better chance of the world ending on Newyears day. As that is all the cycle changing is doing. Essentially its going from December 31st to January first.

Yes, your cycle theory is correct, but only for the first thriugh 4 cycles. The fifth cycle is the last one for their calender. So essentially its like a subscription to xbox live. You pay for the first year, then the second, then you get the rrod, and you stop paying for it, stopping your subscription.

More info----->http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

Im tired of all this "End of the world" Bs. It hasn't happened the other 200 times it's been told. Nor will it happen just because some pseudo intellectual thinks there on a "Higher plane" of thinking.
http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm
It says 220, but im sure theres more. This is all I really bother looking up for.

"Mathew 24:35-36 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." Jesus Christ."

But does it say year?

Frost, I didn't flame anyone. Just relax. I don't usually post in threads like this, the only reason I did was to demonstrate there are other ways of thinking. I don't expect to turn anyone's opinions or beliefs. You need to understand that if you hold an irrational belief, other people cant be expected to alter their lifestyle or behaviour to fit your view, yet most religious societies expect this. Religious groups lobby to try to halt progress in many fields on the grounds it may offend their chosen deity/idol, specifically genetics. How many times have physicists gotten together to protest the building of a new church? Religious groups try to ban same sex relationships. Why? because its not enough for religious people to let their deity/idol dictate their own behavour, they want to dictate the behaviour of others as well. The teapot around saturn must have told them, so we all better respect it.

Why are all you folks Bible thumping Revelations so hard for? The lessons Jesus taught us really didn't have to do with all this fire and brimstone end of the earth stuff. After the Resurrection he pretty much said "I'll be back. Do your best until then."

Just because Revelations was cannonized in the fourth century after the 20 or so Christian factions had either combined or wiped each other out is no reason to treat it as absolute fact. We're not even sure which John wrote it.

Also as a scientist, I understand that taking a walk on a beautiful day makes me feel good because the natural light entering my eyes as well as my movement produces a dopamine response in my central nervous system. Still, knowing how it works doesn't make me enjoy it any less.

Just because Revelations was cannonized in the fourth century after the 20 or so Christian factions had either combined or wiped each other out is no reason to treat it as absolute fact. We're not even sure which John wrote it.

Also as a scientist, I understand that taking a walk on a beautiful day makes me feel good because the natural light entering my eyes as well as my movement produces a dopamine response in my central nervous system. Still, knowing how it works doesn't make me enjoy it any less.
Two very good points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back