What Type Of Glue Is Best With Peakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamRuiz

I want to know what glue works best for pepatura

Hot glue,elmers glue,super glue etc.

I am about to star a project and I want to know which is best

Please dont get mad if someone already covered this because yes I AM A NOOB

Hi. Welcome to the 405th. AS far as to which is best for glue I think it is really by preference. But personally I prefer to use super glue compared to hot glue. But be sure you go and read the stickies it tells you about pepakura and other details such as glue.

I use a hot glue gun, but personally am looking out for a decent uk glue that will hold up to resin. noone has gotten back to me yet though, so hot glue I shall stick with.

for building the paper part I just use elmers all-purpose glue. It's more than strong enough to keep the piece together until you strengthen it.

I like hot glue because it's easy to fix a mistake with it (like if you glued the wrong flaps together). All you'd have to do is re-melt the glue on the flaps and peel them apart.

Wood glue. It bonds the cardstock in 10 seconds, and dries in 45 seconds. If you apply it right, its the best glue out there for pepakura in my opinion.

Good luck, and if you need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Cheers!

I prefer regular Elmer's glue. It takes slightly longer, but it's cleaner and doesn't create layers of glue like hot glue.

I've used both Hot Glue and Krazy glue. Krazy glue is very nice, leaves the pep looking very clean, but I found it's quite expensive in comparison to hot glue so I've been using a mix, hot glue for majority of the work, then busting out the krazy glue for the smaller detail tabs.

i use a elmers glue all pen. now somone sayd something about holfding up to resin will my pep peices crumble if i used just glue all pens if i try to resin?

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Wood glue. It bonds the cardstock in 10 seconds, and dries in 45 seconds. If you apply it right, its the best glue out there for pepakura in my opinion.

Good luck, and if you need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Cheers!

I agree completely, wood glue is great for Pepakura.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheap simple Elmer's glue! best part about it is how good it is at filling small holes on from the inside, just pour a little in you palm rub it in like a lotion and the heat will turn it into a kind of putty and can be applied like bondo to small areas. only thing about it is that less is definately more. add a little and use your finger to smear it across the whole area. makes it more sticky, holds stronger(for whatever reason) and wont soak the paper. anyway! im rambling but thats just my advice.

hi there welcome to the 405th i used to use super glue but now i have turned to hot glue because it is a little quicker and easier but ir is a little messy but thats not a real problem like the other mmbers have sayed just go by prefference whch you find the best and easiest way you stick with it and aain welcome to the 405th and read the stickies

I used rubber cement for my first two items, and it worked alright......... UNTIL! One started to lose pieces while I was resining it, and the other...... lets just say that his memory will be carried on. I use hot glue now and have never had any problems.

I hot glue gun works well for me since it drys fast, and is easy to apply. The only con is the "hot" bot, my fingers tend to get pretty burnt.

yeh super glue shoundn't warp your item thats most likely human failure either way i rekon super glue and hot glue to be by far the best but each to his/her own i guess right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back