What's The Most Fail Thing You've Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attemted to jump a river on my bike. Landed pretty badly.. Went over the bars face 1st in to a tree :) Luckily I didnt need to go to hospital, and I only had some grazes. Still pretty embarassing :p

smilie120 said:
Attemted to jump a river on my bike. Landed pretty badly.. Went over the bars face 1st in to a tree :) Luckily I didnt need to go to hospital, and I only had some grazes. Still pretty embarassing :p

Ooh, the bike stories remind me of another one of my fails. I was going maybe 20 on my bike, and I was going to leave a skid mark by pressing the back brake.

I pressed the front.

As a result of that, I flipped over the handlebars, landed hard on the can of Mountain Dew in my pocket which subsequently exploded on me, and the bike fell onto my shoulder and tore out a small chunk of it.

I can't believe I wasted a can of Mountain Dew in such a fail manner. >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
Letting my best friend turn the 360 to its upright position, while turned on, and while it had a game in it. We want to see is the rings indicating controllers would switch to the correct ones for when the console is standing up....
Needless to say, ghost recon 2 was stuffed... thankfully the 360 wasn't. Oh, and I'm glad the game store didn't ask any questions... "it was like that when we opened it" :D

Epic Fail: Running and hitting a steel support beam at full speed in Portsmouth Square in Chinatown. Grew a big-ass lump at the age of four. My grandma dragged me to a herbal shop and splattered tiger balm all over the lump.

I swear, the lump was gonna blow.

I guess the biggest fail I've had was about a year ago, A whole bunch of of my friends decide to go ghosting at about 10:00 at night. For me and my bes friend, it was our first time. And man, was it a first time! The first house we hit turned out to have a crazy guy living in it. It was in the middle of a field, so we decided to run behind into the cornfield. Well, I guess the guy figured the same, and sent his dog in there. Well, the dog found me first, and it started a beeline for me. But once it came for me, I bashed on the head with this pole I grabbed out of my friends garage just in case for the exact reason. (and everybody laughed at me) Well the dog was almost knocked out and ran back to the guy. He then paused for a minute or two and went back inside. We waited around to see what would happen, and he comes out in a HUMMER with a police SEARCHLIGHT and kept driving back and forth, scanning the cornfield with the light. We just got on your stomachs and stayed there motionless for about 5-6 minutes, then he took the Hummer back inside. We took that as our chance to get out of there. So we followed the gaps between rows and came back out on the street. We were about to cheer when the garage door opens up, and the hummer starts to pull out. We dive into the ditch and wait, but he wasn't going anywhere but that one little part of the street. I signaled that we had better get out of here and started army-crawling in the ditch and the others followed suit. After a while, he guy started to widen his search, and kept passing by us. Shortly after, I realized that my other ghosting virgin friend wasn't there. The others said f*** him, and kept going. I turned back. After a while of Splinter Cell stealth, I found him hiding under a bush, he was in a bit of trouble. The distance to the ditch was too far to away to get in time befor the guy turns around and comes back the other way. So we devised the crazy idea of going to the tree next to us. And we climbed the tree, and we crawled on a branch farther from the tree untill we were directly over the ditch a good ways up. (I think you have the idea by now) and we went through with it. We jumped, and landed without harm in the ditch. The lucky thing was that we landed in a soft, wet part of it, and it cushioned our fall.

So we begin army-crawling in the ditch again, but we we on the wrong side of the street, so as soon as The Guy turned around, we rolled across and into the opposite ditch. We both agreed that we were getting nowhere, so when every he turned around, we got up and ran, then when he turned around and started getting close, we dove down and army-crawled some more. Now, when we walked there, we walked straight for a long time, then turned left, then walked straight for a long time again. So on the way back to our house, we had to turn right. Anyway, I look to my right, and I can faintly see the dark blots that were my other friends running and cutting through the fields back to their house. I gesture to Matt, and he sees them too. After an exchanged look, we both realized that this was too awesome to ruin by cutting through the field. :lol: So we continue the same pattern, until I took a step into a sink hole about 6 inches deep, and go down. Hard. And an unfairly jagged rock was just the perfect lengh from the sinkhole, and where my knee was going to land. Yeah. So it lands on it, cuts through the pants, cuts through my skin, and just about cut everything else in my knee area. Yeah, it hurt, a lot. So I'm laying there, fighting with all my strengh not to scream, and meanwhile The Guy is still looking for us. Matt takes out a small flashlight, waits until the guy turns around, and examines the wound. I have never seen so much blood in one place in my life. It had already soaked up the front of my pant leg. But me being the stubborn being that I am, I tell him that I can still keep going. We had nothing to bandage it up, so I had to make due without. Keep in mind that we still aren't even halfway back to my friend's house yet. So we continue our crawling, but this time I'm on my back doing this kind of rowboat-backstroke thing to eep my knee from getting full of dirt. Oh, man was in painful. After about a half hour of crawling and Matt running and me trying to at least hobble with him, (he kept me on his shoulder) we finally made it to the corner. And The Guy finally gave up and went back in his house, so the rest of the way, we walk together with Matt supporting me on his shoulder. We finally make it back to my friend's house where my other friends thought we were definatly caught.

So we are sitting in the heated garage, and talking about our experiences with this one. And, if you can believe it, me, with the knee that's almost useless, with a lot of blood still coming out of it, breal the silence and say "Let's go again." Everybody looked at me dumbfounded. I'm like, "what, that was awesome!"

Here Matt and I are the ones who had never done this before, and we were the bravest.

I have to say, that choosing to keep following the ditch of ours was a pretty fail thing.

My knee is fine now, but is has this wicked nasty scar/bruise thing on it, I'll post pictures of the knee tomorrow morning.

But yeah, that was pretty much the most fail thing I've done.

ok my worst fail would be when i tried to make the Data Crystal Chip from halo 3 in pep..... i won't even take pics of the POS cuz it is just that ugly....

Air_Force_Spartans said:
ok my worst fail would be when i tried to make the Data Crystal Chip from halo 3 in pep..... i won't even take pics of the POS cuz it is just that ugly....
oh i remember u were working on that a while ago...

anyways, one of my epic fails was when i went to this girl's birthday party in 3rd grade and forgot to put shorts on, so i went to the party in plaid boxers :lol:

i just memberd another one i didnt realize i had a tree behind me and i turned around full sprint into a tree that was 2 feet beind me, ended up with an eye swollen shut for a 2 weeks and 6 stitches bled like crazy to

moose i wouldnt call that a fail

id call that a win at an early age :D

For many years, listening to my mother say that girls are bad. I developed a phobia and now 30 something years later, I still have the hardest time talking to them..

Most epic fail thing I have ever done, jumped off my balcony into my pool. :oops: And man I'll tell you right now, that ground at the bottom of the pool came pretty fast. Let's just say, my legs freaking hurt A LOT for a week after that.

I hit my head off the stairs at my house, giving myself a concussion.

Did I mention I was vaccuming?

FAIL

Another one...

I was on the driving range practicing for a tournament that was happening a week later. I hyperextened my arms on my swing and cracked a vertebrae in my back, preventing me from walking home that night.

EPIC FAIL.

Steel tricycle's make horrible pillows. Which is exactly what I tried to use one as.

It was a few years ago, I was in the gym at my school, and was there after school for one reason or another. So, I decided to get out a little metal tricycle that the younger kids would ride. I could have ridden about two of them, they weren't very big. I had somehow pushed one towards a wall, and I didn't want it to break... so, I dove for it. >.< This is where the pillow part comes into play, because I apparently thought that jumping head first into a moving piece of steel was a good idea. It was not. Steel > My Nose. It hurt. It bled. It broke.

@Jax: I want to make a joke... but I wasn't there, so I'll keep my lols to myself. :D :p

Lets see...it would have to be that...

For raider team (a physical training team for ROTC) part of the obstacle course involves a wall (its about 2-3 feet taller than I am. I'm 5'4). The objective is to get everyone over said wall, ideally each person should be able to do it alone just in case. At the end of the year we go outside to show everyone how raiders is and try to get people to join for next year. Last year, after being on crutches for a year and knowing full well we have the tallest raider wall in the county tried to jump said wall. Running,Running,Running...SPLAT! I ran full speed, which even right off crutches was pretty fast, straight into the wall. I don't even think I got a two inches of the ground.

I still can't jump...I have a chin-up bar in the garage now...keep checking back for an epic update of the failures to come from it, I'm sure they'll be hilarious.

my worst fail was when i was rollerblading at the school by my house and the was a little cement hill thing going down to the park and b-ball courts, needless to say all it remember is my foot hitting a rock getting up with my head throbbing. i didn't get a concussion but i did get a black eye and a very enlarged eyebrow for couple weeks, it was so big that i couldn't even get my hockey helmet on until it was completely gone. my eyebrows are now a little offset (one is raised at the end more then the other)
...FAIL

Dropped out of college with one semester left before my degree was completed...with a 3.9gpa. Now, my trust fund has expired and I can't get a pell grant because the post office "lost" my selective service application which is required for males over the age of 18. I am 32, so I can't reapply for it.

One of my classmates is now an art director for a major advertising firm.

Working retail sucks...EPIC FAIL!

playing halo CE the other day on BG, i got the rocket launcher, went to fire, blew myself up. somehow i respawned right next to my corpse, picked up the rocket launcher again, went to fire, and blew myself up again BUT i managed to take the other guy with me.

Being too cautious to do anything that could even remotely result in an EPIC FAIL. I lead a very boring life.

helios said:
Being too cautious to do anything that could even remotely result in an EPIC FAIL. I lead a very boring life.

Same...

Being too cautious always ends up physically hurting me.

Who knew that hockey pads could turn into high speed projectiles.

Had a near-fail on friday. In english, second period, I nearly blacked out during a speech performance. It wasn't my speech, mine was the day earlier and was on Scientologists.
Anywho, the speech was on animal cruelty, and had rather graphic visual aids. The girl was speaking for about eight minutes when the room began to get very hot, and my vision became blurry. The second half of the speech (making a total length of 16 minutes) was spent trying to maintain consciousness.
You know what the worst thing was? The speech only had to be FOUR minutes. It went on for four times that! Not so much a fail on my part, but had I blacked out totally, it would've been for both of us. I still feel like crap, actually.

I had many fails in my life, but the last one connected to Halo stuff building.
I was fiberglassing some pepakura stuff. My tin with resin have giant neck, maybe 10cm in diameter, with round metal cover.
So, I took from there glass or two of resin and was need to close tin.
I put cover on tin and pressed it down. It didn't enter.
So I pressed with more force.
:mad:
Cower flipped, my bare hands entered tin and resin.
Resin poured forth to my clothes, boots, etc.
Good thing I was in sunglasses.
Resin didn't reach my eyes.
No need to say, cleanup took a fwe hours. I tossed out my clothes.
My hands was burning for day or so.
I felt pissed off for a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back