Props Whats Up With Ar's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly yes, The ar Is Iconic, But however if we were refering to playing halo 3, The BR is definetly better if you can run back and forth while aiming succesfully at the head. Takes a good deal less time, than killing with the AR. Ar takes a good 5-6 seconds of shooting with a melee to the face. Br takes 5-6 shots maybe even 4. if your dead center at the head.

The AR is the most reconizable weapon in the Halo universe... Sure, the battle rifle is the better weapon, but most people (people who know about halo and those who don't. My Aunt knows what gun the AR is from) sees the AR as Halo's signature weapon, much like how the Lancer is for Gears of War. This is mostly due to its design, as to where the BR looks like a real life weapon being used today. As said before, its Iconic.

hell'z jumper said:
They suck! someone start a BR, they haul @ss. ive only seen one, the one with a bayonet. i forgot who made it.
and whats the big deal with ARs anywaise?
I smell troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
hell'z jumper said:
They suck! someone start a BR, they haul @ss. ive only seen one, the one with a bayonet. i forgot who made it.
and whats the big deal with ARs anywaise?
Fail troll is fail.

Anyways, AR's are teh pwn

C 4468 said:
Hey if you were still wondering, mine was the one with bayonet lol

your AR had a bayonet.. but im talking about leekeegan's BR w/ bayonet

HaloFreakX said:
BR's are closer to Famas' (Obviously) not to mention the SR is also based off the 50-cal.

EDIT: I forgot to say.. did you forget Adam molds Halo armor and AR's to.
According to something Robt McLees (Bungie artist who designed the Halo weapons) told me when I showed him my prop AR, the Halo assault rifle also takes a lot of inspiration from the Styr Aug. For example in the fact that is has no trigger guard, and the trigger itself is actually more of an analogue button, closer in form to the trigger on an Xbox controller than it is to the trigger of most guns.

Incidentally, he also pointed out that the little nob on either side above the handle is the safty, and that each nob is in fact seperate ends of a single cylinder that runs the bredth of the gun. When the nob is popped out on the left side but flush with the right side, the safty is on. When the nob is flush with the left side but popped out on the right side, the safty is off. Those who want to build "functiona" ARs might want to keep that in mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back