what's your favorite piece of Halo concept art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this one looks pretty neat!
upload_2018-8-12_21-54-9.png

upload_2018-8-12_21-54-0.png

I've done some deep digging for Halo: Reach reference material and these concept art pieces for the various helmet permutations have been worth their weight in gold.

Scout/Jun-A266

95f40613a39ebb3173f8638ece86673d.jpg

ODST
640px-ODST_-_Helmet_Concept.png

Commando/Carter-A259
640px-Reach_concept-Commando.jpg

Gungnir
649efbfa45adfa96f153965afb3468fe.jpg

EOD
f7a9da1fac67e9ff210c412848137367.jpg
images (2).jpg

Recon
images.jpg

EVA/Emile-A239
isaac-hannaford-ih-emile-helmet01.jpg

HAZOP
Reach_concept_HAZOP.jpg

Grenadier/Jorge-052
ReachConcept_JorgeHelmet.jpg

CQC UA
Rosenda_3.jpg

Well, that`s some CONCEPT Art! Sometimes the basic stuff is the best. Love it.
It`s not always about the glossy high end pictures ( though i do like em obviously too).

After all i came to value the more military looking, rough helmet variants such as Hazop.
Still love my CQC and ODST buckets.

andrew-averkin-render-highcharityint-04.jpg andrew-averkin-render-highcharityint-02.jpg andrew-averkin-render-highcharityint-07.jpg andrew-averkin-render-highcharityint-01.jpg

Technically not Concept Art (?), but Art nontheless. Made by Andrew Averkin for Blurs Cutscenes in Halo Wars 2DLC "Awakening the Nightmare".
The Guy makes much more, i find it to be very inspiring:
andrew-averkin-library-interior-01.jpg andrew-averkin-library-interior-03.jpg

The Library Hall of Delta Halo, i would like to recreate that imagery in my Architectural series sometime.

Last edited:
Another all-time favorite of mine. Took a pic from my copy of the Halo Encyclopedia, unfortunately couldn`t find it online.
Cortana looks good:love: Chief buff as always:lol: Interesting to see the old style when her hair wasn`t dark...

If anybody knows a scource please give a link, i would like to know who did this.

WP_20190307_19_07_21_Pro_LI.jpg

Not official Concept Art, it`s good material for a printed poster maybe?
Found this a while ago. And where that came from is much more :D
Work by Eric Will who did stuff for the Halo Comic Series i believe...
I hope you like it as much as i do.

Something to show the true horror of the flood actually, so he says.

View attachment 267441
That is awesome!
yGfmATbQimpn7LVpP9npfE.jpg
kinsano_inferno-4f5763faaee446569c0cacb2c74ddb8d.jpg

Halo wars has some really cool art, and this is just some from the release of kinsano...

And here is a cool one from halo 5
89288127-CD30-4E67-8459-D2085ED0C0D9.jpeg

Cool. The last one is by Sparth and was already posted here (just mirrored). An all-time favorite of mine.

Now some real "concepts", for all ODST Lovers out there:

View attachment 267571View attachment 267572View attachment 267574View attachment 267578View attachment 267579
DUUUUDE. I love that last ODST. Looks freaking amazing. Sparth is an extremely talented artist, it’s insane.

Also, I found that art you were looking for. It’s by Isaac hannaford.
99D3ACED-2344-491F-856E-7624BA13954D.jpeg

I met the guy at ECCC a few years back, a super nice guy. You can see his watermark next to chief’s left thigh.

Last edited:
Also, I found that art you were looking for. It’s by Isaac hannaford.
I met the guy at ECCC a few years back, a super nice guy. You can see his watermark next to chief’s left thigh.

Nice....
Thanks for your effort! Have heard of him. I really like Halo 3 paintings. Especially those used in the skyboxes of that game.

Hope to see more reveals of this kind in an upcoming Halo Infinite vidoc similar to the sprint series of H5.
An entire episode of concept art.....:love:

I see that now...I didn't even notice. wow, that is an amazing piece of art! I totally agree it would be awesome if it were in the Halo lore.

now for my art! yaaay!
View attachment 238463
I like this art because it makes Chief look so small. even though he may be massive, he is nothing compared to the massive wonder of the galaxy. I also like how the burritos are so well shaded, it really brings out the dimension of the burritos.
This reminds me a lot of Destiny 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back