What's Your Printer?

Printer Name: Commonly called 'WTF?' but technically called Creality Ender 3 v2
Bed Size: 220x220x250mm
What I've printed on it: not much. A few small projects.

I initially purchased it so I could learn and then eventually print the S7 to complete my weapons wall. I have struggled with it though so I took a break from trying. I'm going to start the learning process again soon. I didn't think the learning curve would be so difficult but I'm sure I'm making it harder than it is.
Out of curiosity, what slicer are you using? I found OrcaSlicer to be the best for my use case, and I'm pretty sure it is compatible with the Ender 3 v2.

Currently just an Ender 5, I've printed multiple armors and pros with it. Looking at either an Anycubic Kobra 2 Max or Elegoo Neptune 4 Max to get that large build volume to print armor pieces in one go instead of chopping it up and having to cover the seams

Hey all, I tried this method of leveling on my 2 Ender 3's last night and WOW. What a quick and easy way to do it! I'm getting the best first layers I've ever had.

I'm using a Flashforge Creator Pro 2, which I just swapped the weak bed sticker for a magnetized replaceable one, but I'm still trying to get it calibrated to print my armor(s), as the "dual-extruder" settings don't seem to work.
Not much printed, really, unless you count a Samus Arm Cannon (for no reason) or a scale Enigma machine (for a competition).
Print volume is about 200 x 148 x 150mm.

I'm using a Flashforge Creator Pro 2, which I just swapped the weak bed sticker for a magnetized replaceable one, but I'm still trying to get it calibrated to print my armor(s), as the "dual-extruder" settings don't seem to work.
Not much printed, really, unless you count a Samus Arm Cannon (for no reason) or a scale Enigma machine (for a competition).
Print volume is about 200 x 148 x 150mm.

Ummm... uhh....
I'm not sure which I'm more surprised by. That they put IDEX on a machine that small, or that you're looking to print armor in pieces that small.
I honestly think you'll spend more money in hot-staples, glue, putty and some kind of backing like fiberglass, to assemble all those small pieces than if you put some of that post-processing materials budget into a bigger printer. In my thinking even a 300mm³ is small for armor but would be vastly bigger than that and probably available new reasonable priced and second hand on FB market place for even less.
I would just hate to see you get so frustrated doing like that, that it causes you to give up.

True. In reconsideration, I think I'll just make the main pieces out of EVA, and only 3D print the more detailed pieces. The only piece of armor I may have to fully print due to complexity is the helmet, which can be sliced into about 12 pieces. Thankfully, my helmet prints won't be too large. Thanks for that! (as I probably would have tried to 3D print the whole suit if not for that)

Well I thought I wrote here already but apparently that was not the case. I have access to two printers and I'll put them both down.

My original printer:
-Ender 3 V2
-220mm x220mm x250mm
-Last print I made with this was a new shroud for the hot end. Was never reliable enough for props or "higher than prototype quality" prints. IMHO even at $129 from Creality, it was a waste of money. It took way too long to get it calibrated and set up to be usable (2 Years) and just for it to still not function properly.

My second and current:
-BambuLab P1P
-256mm x256mm x256mm
-Last print I made were the kneepads for my armor set. Only took a total of <2 hours to fully set up and calibrate to be usable. My config settings are still not ideal by any means, but it was an enticing proposition as it came preassembled, and after making a couple small adjustments was ready and able to print some real high quality stuff. Also supports multi-filament printing with the AMS and can print in up to 16 different materials and colors simultaneously. Is pricy at $599 USD for the printer alone (with a full roll of PLA mind you), but was worth every penny

Last edited:
I actually have a relevant post here now!

I got an Ender 3 v3 SE for Christmas and just finished my first print a week or so ago.

The Printer:
-Ender 3 V3 SE
-220mm x220mm x250mm
-I printed MoeSizzlac's MK IV helmet

It isn't the cleanest print in the world but for absolutely no work on my part (other than file work), the printer does everything itself. Auto level and calibration.

20240407_212716.jpg20240407_212743.jpg20240407_212706.jpg

Oooh, this is up my alley. Photo for example of what I've printed. All are MoeSizzlac's Mark V STLs and a remix of the helmet on Thingiverse. I've also printed pieces from Titlewave Designs and Galactic Armory.

Printer 1: Anycubic Vyper, "Dennis" (running Vyper CE)
Print Volume: 245x245x260
Nozzle Size: .6mm
What I've Printed: Bracers, Biceps, Codpiece, Helmet (separated), Torso (cut/separated), Visor Buck

Printer 2: Anycubic Kobra Max, "Frank" (running Wabbitguy)
Print Volume: 400x400x450
What I've Printed: Helmet (halved), Torso, Thigh

Printer 3: Sovol SV01 Pro, "Dee" (running Unified 2 on TH3D EZBoard)
Print Volume: 280x240x300
Nozzle Size: .4mm
What I've Printed: Bracers, Biceps, Codpiece, Helmet (separated), Torso (cut/separated), Visor

And technically this was my first printer but I can't leave well enough alone and stop upgrading it. Probably should have waited because I can use the extra hand. :lol:
Printer: Creality Ender 3 v2, "Mac" (currently inactive for Klipper installation)
Print Volume: 220x220x250

I use OrcaSlicer for everything with custom profiles for each printer, though I've used PrusaSlicer in the past as well.

Attachments

• MNZ00023.jpg
    MNZ00023.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Orca slicer has been such a major boon to running my K1 Max. (I love slicing the files then uploading them and initiating the print without ever having to use a USB drive or loading anything into Creality Print.) The default profiles in it for petg seem to work perfectly for me with Overture and Elegoo filament. I haven't tried PLA yet, but I will eventually.
I would 100% recommend it to anyone using a 3D printer.

As for my K1 Max... This little guy is a real work horse. I've had to do minimal work to it. (I greased the gears at the 100 hour mark, had to loosen the tension on the belts around then too because they got a little too tight. And also just recently printed/installed the chain support extension to keep the support cable from drooping any and touching the metal guide rods. But like that's after a few hundred hours of printing at decently high temps. And it's all fairly minor stuff.)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back