When it's cannot to buy aqua resin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnonehk

helo,i am a armor cosplayer whicn lives in HK

i get heard there a greatful model making forum which is using pepakura

so,focusing on topic,it's a problem when i cannot find aqua resin on HK
(or may be i cannot find it right now...)

if really get no idea to buy it, only using fiber grass to make the papercraft stronger
is it acceptable? also can anybody help me to find any way to buy aqua resin oversea?

thanks(sorry for my poor english,if you don't understand,just reply.)

do you mean HongKong with HK? :D

hmm sure... your problem is that you cant find aqua resin in the local store? why wouldnt you use normal resin... you can find this in any car supply shop just like bondo.
but if you dont want to get cancer ** you can find it on the internet.
there are a lot of online shops out there... the problem is that i dont speak chinese, so i cant help you out with onlineshops from china.

btw. i use fiberglas the first time, and its not so hard to handle it. but the tip is that you have to by fiberglas cloth. its easiert to work with it. i use normal fiberglas -.-

edited:
i searched a moment... here is an us shop
they ship international. so check out the shipping information.

thanks. also a additional question:

i have visited a youtube video,it shows a helmet with fiber grass inside.but , it's have no cloth also.

is cloth important for make the model stronger?

fiberglass / fiberglass cloth is important to make the armor strong enough to wear it...
if you dont want to wear your helmet its not important.

buy fiberglass cloth... its coast 4€ for a m² in germany... and its easier to handle it...

fiberglass cloth (easy)
00002481.jpg

traditional fiberglass (hard to handle)
mat.jpg

the trick is to combine fiberglass and epoxi resin.
so one layer resin inside and outside of your pep model. then a fiberglass layer mixed with resin to stick it on the inside (ONLY ON THE INSIDE). then an other resin layer do make it smooth (sand it before the last resin layer)... btw: you can use several resin layers, but each layer makes the helmet strong and heavy!

fine,it's useful.
so it is quite hard to handle the model...
i'll try it up.thanks.

umm...here is my part of the project.
45604_1509244645520_1066442110_1420726_6768494_n.jpg

it's full set armor of gundam 00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back