Which Game Is Scarier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkm2021

I've played F.E.A.R. and it was pretty good, it was sort of scary, i jumped a few times here and there, the action was good.

I've also played Condemned and Condemned 2, they're both really scary, and I really liked the idea of using whatever you can to kill your enemies

but what's scarier?

really, it is a matter of opinion, i think Condemned is much much scarier but you don't use guns as much as you do in FEAR (other than in FPS mode, with unlimited ammo), but thats what makes it scary. Knowing that all you have to defend yourself is your environment, but your enemies will also use the environment to their advantage as well. the idea that you're never safe, enemies can come from anywhere at any time, that's what makes condemned such a great game.

what do you think is a better scare?

Omg Razgriz...I was seriously typing the same exact thing! How did you know 0_0 !?!?!

My husband bought me a copy of Viva Pinata to give me something easy going to play after my dental surgery.

Well, shy 2 wisdom teeth and a handful of percosets to the wind...there I was bludgeoning my pinata farm to candy bits in a fit of rage and confusion...

LOL

I only played the FEAR demo and it creeped me out. That girl showed up once and I was completely paranoid throughout the demo lol. Playing at night with full surround sound...not a good idea XD

I find F.E.A.R. hilarious although it may just be my sick sense of humor (Damn The Exorcist)!
Dead Space was by far the closest thing to a scary game I have played but yet again it's my own opinion.
The absolute scariest game I have ever played was phantasmagoria the old pc game.
That thing was some scary -Blam!-

Lols at your sig btw^^^

I am the reverse of you Ian, F.E.A.R. scared me half to death uncountable times, I also am still sleeping with my light on, but dead space did nothing for me. though dead spase is fun with the puzzles and stuff.

I thought that Condemned 1 was the scariest of those mentioned so far. The atmosphere was just great, especially in the Department store where there were people pretending to be dummies and would only move when you turned their back to them, or the part where your only source of light is a flaming 2x4 torch that's blinding you half the time and you have to be careful not to put it out when you're smacking people in the face with it. Condemned 2 had its moments too. Fear was good but not that scary.

Dead space was a fun game but basically was a classic spaceship horror game like Martian Gothic or System Shock 1 and 2. And all the "scary moments" were far too obvious because they've been done 10x before. Like when you first see the monsters. I'm like "Giant viewing window with a view of my *well-lit* crew, I'm locked in the room. Yeah, they're all going to get attacked in 3,2,1." Guard- "What was that?" Seriously, the only time that anything is well-lit in one of those games is so you can get a clear look at what's popping out of the dark half the time. Though I took pleasure in blowing off their kneecaps, the only time I jumped during the entire thing was the ending scene.

I agree with the above statement! The only time I jumped was at the very end, but, I also jumped at the part where you have to solve that stupid moving telekinesis puzzle while the regenerating baby alien is after you. It scared me because I knew I wasn't safe and had to find a way out lols.

Actually, when I first played Doom 3, that chineese scared me so much I never played an horror game again.

(The wounded chineese near the computer that turns into a zombie as soon as you leave that pc)

LastSpartan said:
Actually, when I first played Doom 3, that chineese scared me so much I never played an horror game again.

(The wounded chineese near the computer that turns into a zombie as soon as you leave that pc)

"Chineese?"

Get off of my friends list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, what? Excuse me if I was wrong with the nationality, I played that game 5 years ago. Do you prefer : "The asian guy with a red shirt?".

I don't care, he just scared me since he turned into a monster right in my face.

i don't get what's so scary about FEAR, i played through it multiple times just for fun (i jumped a few times during the first time through though) and can sleep soundly without being paranoid that my head will explode because of whats-her-face

i find condemned 1-2 alot scarier than Doom 3, FEAR, or Dead Space

I think Monopoly is the scariest, because the little guy stalks your piece around the board and talks to you.

Bigalt424 said:
I think Monopoly is the scariest, because the little guy stalks your piece around the board and talks to you.

are you talking about the board game or the video game version?

well, Monopoly can be scary

"THIS GAME WILL LAST....... FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

that gave me chills

LastSpartan said:
Haha, what? Excuse me if I was wrong with the nationality, I played that game 5 years ago. Do you prefer : "The asian guy with a red shirt?".

I don't care, he just scared me since he turned into a monster right in my face.

Yes. Being a Korean it pisses me off to no end when people constantly confuse me with a Chinese (proper spelling) person. It's getting to the "N" word level. It has to stop.

Back on topic. I've never really gotten into many REAL survival horror games. ANY game can make you jump given the right circumstances. Halo 2 had some moments where I would get lost, turn around, and there would be a combat form RIGHT in my face. RIGHT in my face. My FP arms went THROUGH it it was so close. It makes one jump when it's not expected. Actually, I think the best scares come from things that don't promote themselves as horror. That way EVERYTHING is unexpected (The dead body hitting the window in the Dark knight for example)

The closest thing to a REAL modern survival horror game I've played is Dead space, and having parents right over the TV room, I can't turn it up much. I've jumped from it a couple times from ceiling decenders attacking from behind and decapitations from the wall.....people...with the tentacles... It's a great game though, It's just that the bad buys are a bit over-powered when they get close. Usually there's a balance thing where the enemie's attacks take time to charge up, giving you a chance to recover from the last stike......

BUT NO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back