Votes: 0 0.0%
  • engineer

• forerunner

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ODST. I'm forever a "grunt". The brotherhood shared by the ODST is the next best thing to a family. It's not all about surviving.

I honestly cannot believe that I am the only one who would rather stick with Johnson in the Corps. Come on, Marines! Represent!

I choose spartan.

Although there lives and training were tough, they could beat down pretty much anything in there path. They get to wear top of the line mjolnir armor with rechargeable shields and protects them in the deep vacuum of space. The also get all the top of the line equipment.

well i would probably be the ones flying your areses into the hell in the first place!

i would choose unsc bridge crew or pelican pilot.

as for the marines thats cool...

odst... hope ya dont burn up out their...

spartans... who needs a drop pod... jon 117 jumped from orbit with a sheet of metal and lived.. thats what you call epic.

It was a tough one for me. I personally love the ODSTs, but I would rather be a SPARTAN. They were stronger, tougher, smarter, and all around better in every way.

Some of you folks need to read the books and other sources before posting assumptions into SPARTAN prowess. During the fall of Reach, every SPARTAN II jumped from orbit out of their pelicans. True that some died and others were injured, but I'm pretty sure you'll never see an ODST do that and live.

As far as humor or emotion goes, most people only know about John. Just because he wasn't very humorous doesn't mean they all weren't.

But as I said, I love ODSTs and always will. They are complete bad-asses. But I would still choose a SPARTAN II over any other UNSC unit anyday.

ODST, definetely ODST. Why? Imagine, you're going down in this pod, which isn't really spacious. It's getting hot, hotter than you and your gf in a bedroom. Temperatures get up to i dont know like 50-60 degrees? You hit the ground, really hard. The doors open, the air outside isn't really cool, but at least its not as hot as inside the pod. Bullets, frags, everywhere, you start running and shooting in the general direction the bullets come from, but you will have to find cover. One hit could mean a kill, reminder: you're not a giant tank with shields and enhanced speed, strength etc. It just AWESOME to be an ODST. They actually have to fight for real, form up in teams, not go on a solo-killing spree. They are not individually as talented as the Spartans are. They're tiny humans attacking giant brutes. And though they might not realise it (or do) but both the UNSC and the Spartans need the ODST. They performed formidable in operations which involved both Spartan(s) and ODST. They are the badass human troops, who gained their skill not by taking steroids, but by sole training. Also, it's not like you just sign up, start training and you become an ODST. It's just like todays SF's: only the best are allowed. Just my 2 cents

-DD

DutchDude said:
ODST, definetely ODST. Why? Imagine, you're going down in this pod, which isn't really spacious. It's getting hot, hotter than you and your gf in a bedroom. Temperatures get up to i dont know like 50-60 degrees? You hit the ground, really hard. The doors open, the air outside isn't really cool, but at least its not as hot as inside the pod. Bullets, frags, everywhere, you start running and shooting in the general direction the bullets come from, but you will have to find cover. One hit could mean a kill, reminder: you're not a giant tank with shields and enhanced speed, strength etc. It just AWESOME to be an ODST. They actually have to fight for real, form up in teams, not go on a solo-killing spree. They are not individually as talented as the Spartans are. They're tiny humans attacking giant brutes. And though they might not realise it (or do) but both the UNSC and the Spartans need the ODST. They performed formidable in operations which involved both Spartan(s) and ODST. They are the badass human troops, who gained their skill not by taking steroids, but by sole training. Also, it's not like you just sign up, start training and you become an ODST. It's just like todays SF's: only the best are allowed. Just my 2 cents

-DD

ODSTs need Spartans just as much as Spartans need ODSTs. And the Spartans were chosen by superior physiques than anybody else. ODST, you can voulnteer, but you go through intense traning, which makes only a few selected trainees become ODSTs. And Spartans had formed up in teams, it's just that all the other Spartans supposedly died, so John being the only one left, has no other Spartan to team up with, other than the ODST's and Marines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. This is why it is so difficult to pick between the two. Both are badasses in their own right. The only real difference other than aesthetics would be whether you would prefer volunteering or being drafted.

EDIT: As for John being the only one left, read the books.

Spartan! They can do what seems to be impossible to the unaltered human. ODST's and Marines are just normal humans with skills, Spartans are humans enfused with the latest and greatest. Spartans are built to kill it's enemies and in a fight, a Spartan could take on multiple ODSTs and Marines, no problem! But that would nevber happpen... :(

Spartan, they are better fighters and can handle more, sure you get taken away at 6, but if that's all your life is, is combat, then I wouldn't know what I'm missing.

No engineer on the poll? I'd much rather be the guy upgrading a spartan's shielding. Or how about those guys arbitrarily pushing buttons on the flight deck. WHoo!

thatdecade said:
No engineer on the poll? I'd much rather be the guy upgrading a spartan's shielding. Or how about those guys arbitrarily pushing buttons on the flight deck. WHoo!

your welcome lol :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan. Why? One word, BCUZ SPARTENS R TEH BESTEST!!!!!!!11!!!!!11!!!!!!#@$@#

Seriously though, I like Spartans.

Id be a spartan because no life beyond the fight is my style and i get to blow crap to hell and ride teh shock wave and live....do that in your drop pod odst

Everyone who says "HELL WE DONT NEED PODS,WE JUST JUMP",remember what happened to chief,his armor froze up when he jumped.Now how would you like to be frozen until a UNSC member comes and unlocks you,i wouldn't like it one bit.I wanna be kickin' ass,not hulled up stuck in a piece of armor that absorbed the drop damage and locked itself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back