Who's going to post the H3 models first???? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironcobra3000 said:
So... when do you think we'll see all the Recon Armor pep files? I have the helmet, but I need the rest so I can begin :)

I don't think anyone's actively working on them, but you can probably grab the models and make a nice pep layout yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironcobra3000 said:
Well, I DO have a Pep Designer, but I don't know how to work it :/

Don't worry, you'll start to understand it as you go.

Also, any idea on when we'll be getting the weapon files?

Nugget said:
Also, any idea on when we'll be getting the weapon files?
I'll see if we can get them. I'm not the source, there's a sort of chain.

Can someone convert the normal map into a grayscale bump? My photoshop can't do it for some reason.

I'm not the source, there's a sort of chain

Is that to say the retail models have been extracted? I was under the impression the only things people had managed to compile were from the Beta, Im yet to see anything ripped from the retail ( I could be wrong though, I havnt been looking too hard) It was my understanding the modding community have an extracxtion tool and have identified the the models, but it can only extract (most likely) encrypted hex values.

You'll lose a ton of detail information but to convert that into a bump map, just simply convert it to a gray scale image. And maybe turn up the contrast on it a bit more.

grey scale is 8-bit bumps are usually 16-bit, and the normal is probably 32, converting it to 8-bit will destroy over half the information.

I'm dragging this back out for a few reasons:
-many armor pieces don't have decent detail .pdos available for them.
-this is possibly the least-work-intensive approach for getting those out ASAP.
-it'll be exactly game-level detail; pretty canon.

That said, I'm going to try extruding a bump map using zbrush over the beta models.. any advice is welcome.

Vrogy said:
Neat. I'm working on a CNC machine to make vacuforming and fiberglassing molds with down here in Florida. It seems we're working along the same lines- cleaned-up game models straight to CNC devices. Seems to me that LMD might be a little... overkill, especially for costuming. o_O

Think you could elaborate on how you got the filestructure exposed? I grabbed the .ISO, and got as far as reasoning that all the data was in the .VOBs, but I wasn't sure where to go from there, and googling didn't help.

Well, since this thread is already bumped:

Instead of getting premade models whose legality is questionable at best, I was just planning to get as many references as possible, from as many angles as possible, then remodel it entirely, one part at a time, and maybe even with a solid modeler.

A lot more work, but I think I would probaby a lot less liable, right? :p

Also, would it matter if I used a surface modeler (Blender, Maya, Max, etc...) versus a solid modeler (Soid Works, AutoCAD, etc...)

From what I've researched it seems that a solid modeler would be most likely to be used to create the data for CNC machines, although Blender has an STL export script... o_O

Vrogy said:
I'm dragging this back out for a few reasons:
-many armor pieces don't have decent detail .pdos available for them.
-this is possibly the least-work-intensive approach for getting those out ASAP.
-it'll be exactly game-level detail; pretty canon.

That said, I'm going to try extruding a bump map using zbrush over the beta models.. any advice is welcome.

Interesting.. o_O

CPU64 said:
Actually, thew best method would probably be the mass production way that carbon fiber parts like hoods and fenders are made.. But not worth it for a few copies..

Umm......... *Thinks of roll of carbon fiber in corner.*

DONE!!!! :D :D :D

what do ya want --

----i have 3d files for

---------MK V- MK VI- EVA- CQB- EVA -AND RECON HELMETS- SHOULDER PIECES- CHEST PLATES FOR MOST POSSIBLY MK IV HELMET- NOT SURE

---------ASSAULT RIFLE- FLAME THROWER- FUEL ROD CANNON- HALO 1 SNIPER- NEEDLER- PLASMA PISTOL- SHOTGUN-M6D PISTOL- ROCKET LAUNCHER- FRAG GRENADE- PLASMA GRENADE(EVEN THOUGHT ITS JUST A BALL)- AND A FLAG(A FLAG WITH THE SKULL ON TOP)

---------BANSHEE- HALO 1 SHADE TURRET- GHOST- LIFEPOD- PELICAN- ROCKET WARTHOG- TURRET WARTHOG- WRAITH- LONGSWORD FIGHTER- COVIE FORKED DROPSHIP- SCORPION POSSIBLY UNSC TURRET- NOT SURE

ALL WEPS AND VEHICLES ARE BASED OFF HALO 1 VARIANTS

THESE ARNT EXACTLY PERFECTLY DETAILED AND NON ARE SKINNED CAUSE I MADE THEM ALL TO BE PEP FILES BUT I MADE THEM IN A 3D PROGRAM AND I STILL HAVE THE ORIGIONALS SO I CAN EASILY SAVE THEM AS 3DS OR OTHER FILE TYPES IF YOU WANT

AND IM PRETTY SURE THAT THE 3D PROGRAM I USE IS COMPATABLE WITH A CNC OR RAPID PROTOTYPING MACHINE SO YOU COULD USE THEM FOR THAT IF YOU WANT...

Vrogy said:
AH, but I'm not interested in pepakura. I'm building a CNC machine which should be accurate to within 1/32" on the way far outside, and vacuum-forming or resin-casting from molds produced by that.

So you can use zbrush to create geometry from a bump map? If so, that's awesome! That's exactly what I'm looking to make the bump maps geometry that I can convert to G-code for the mill..

Also, proof of actually having the model and bump map:

I'll find a way to get them out there later today.

Vrogy said:
Here's the perm gear I have:

Hmm, seems there are duplicates. Might be lack of sleep.

how do we know these are really yours-
this file is up for free download on
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3303

no author is posted either
and both exact pics are also on the page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back