whos pep models are better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dannifood4less said:
thats for the mods to decide, honestly, i hope so, that would be great a link, and pic in the stckies. *ahem* mods?
[attachment=1123:helmets.jpg]

lool did you just make that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im building F_S one, i think it's FAR more detailed (and also, believe me, complex) than slyf0's model, good examples of it are the jaw piece, if u look that comp pic, u'll notice that slyf0's and dannifood4less ones are somewhat "bulky" there, while F_S one is way more curvy and detailed. also the helmet is much more "ready" after pep, not having to make alot of bondo / glaze after. just my 2 centz anyway.

I'm really torn up between the two, I can't make up my mind XP. I'm EXTREMELY picky about these things, because I want mine to be the best ^^. slyfo's is 100% accurate considering his is from the game models, the pep itself is not that detailed though. I have never used bondo/glaze and to lower the risks I want to use as little as possible. As for FS's, his pep itself is more detailed then slyfo's, but it is not 100% accurate. Using his would allow me to make as little mistakes as possible when using bondo/glaze. I've seen what spase has done with slyfo's, but I'm still really unsure.

Suggestions?

Honestly, the easier the pep is to be completed with out adding bondo means a quicker build. While you are talking about minor details, you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between the two from 15 feet away...

Slyfos is a hard build, but I needed the proportions correct from the game model, Squirels is a great pep to... not one is better than the other, they are the same helm, with minor differences good luck to any who attempt either..

Spase said:
Honestly, the easier the pep is to be completed with out adding bondo means a quicker build. While you are talking about minor details, you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between the two from 15 feet away...

Slyfos is a hard build, but I needed the proportions correct from the game model, Squirels is a great pep to... not one is better than the other, they are the same helm, with minor differences good luck to any who attempt either..

That, surprisingly helped a lot. Thx spase.

s-meister said:
That, surprisingly helped a lot. Thx spase.

why is does squirrel's look so much longer in the front view? It looks abnormally stretched. Is there anyway it could be corrected to the same proportions as slyfo's?

:whistle: personally....
I like flying_squirl's model.

All the helms look great, and they improve every time,
but for me, Squirl's seems to have the coolest details,
and it also seems to have better symmetry in my mind,
In terms of ease to make, that has nothing to do with anything.

they all require massive amounts of work.
And for anyone who's attempted to make it,
you always think that it can be better. :oops:
(at least i do...)
I'd want it to be perfect, and it's never ending.

plus, being easy to make isn't a bad thing, :cautious:
and it doesn't make it less accurate.
I really dont care about it being accurate 100%.
I just like the general look of the helmet.
I love the look of the helmet the best when i look at the 3d model in the pep program.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
so, make love, not war.
no need to compete, everyone will have their own preference.

I'm a complete noob to all this, I just think it's great to have different helmets to choose from :D
I'm a bit biased to FS though, since he's a fellow 3D person :) Though I am sure I will try DFL and Syflo's pepkura blueprints, granted if I can actually build one of these X)
Thanks for giving us different ways to try :D

willpower102 said:
why is does squirrel's look so much longer in the front view? It looks abnormally stretched. Is there anyway it could be corrected to the same proportions as slyfo's?
i got the actual models from h3 so im guna sort it out tonight

Dev_ace said:
:whistle: personally....
I like flying_squirl's model.

All the helms look great, and they improve every time,
but for me, Squirl's seems to have the coolest details,
and it also seems to have better symmetry in my mind,
In terms of ease to make, that has nothing to do with anything.

they all require massive amounts of work.
And for anyone who's attempted to make it,
you always think that it can be better. :oops:
(at least i do...)
I'd want it to be perfect, and it's never ending.

plus, being easy to make isn't a bad thing, :cautious:
and it doesn't make it less accurate.
I really dont care about it being accurate 100%.
I just like the general look of the helmet.
I love the look of the helmet the best when i look at the 3d model in the pep program.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
so, make love, not war.
no need to compete, everyone will have their own preference.

*applauds* well said

If anyone is interested, Im currently working my way through the beta helmet perms, making them simpler for pep, while the game models are great, they are IMO no good for pep, alot of the details are simply not required, as they make the pep file too complex by including shapes that would be easier to make from scratch on a more basic model,
Heres my progress on the CQB model, so far Ive taken a few hundred polys out, can still be taken back further though
[attachment=1341:CQBpic.jpg]

why is does squirrel's look so much longer in the front view? It looks abnormally stretched.
one image was probably taken with perspective on, Ive noticed the pep 3d view windo has annoying perspective, it makes point modeling from screen grabs a bastard

Skullcandy Girl said:
I'm a complete noob to all this, I just think it's great to have different helmets to choose from :D
I'm a bit biased to FS though, since he's a fellow 3D person :) Though I am sure I will try DFL and Syflo's pepkura blueprints, granted if I can actually build one of these X)
Thanks for giving us different ways to try :D
*also a 3d person* :D

Wow, I never thought this topic would come.

I have built all 3 helmets to try to see which one is better, or higher detailed, and I can't tell the difference from over 5 feet away.

Here's what flying_squirl's helmet looks like...
IMG_0291-1.jpg

Here's what Slyfo's helmet looks like

IMG_0291-2.jpg

They may be a little bent, or distorted a bit, but sometimes these things happen. Besides, there's nothing a little tape won't fix.

P.S. flying_squirl.

I used slyfo's helmet because I messed up on the scale and I had the scale for slyfo's model correct.

I've build three (3) helmets from Slyfo (Post to come), I've yet to try any of flying_squirl's. I look forward to the opportunity once i complete slyfo's helmet and armor.

Slyfo and flying_squirl both have unique styles, each person offers something different to the community. At this stage it is hard for me to say which is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back