will this work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Chief 13

[/quote]yes, spray the inside with car undercoating, let dry

then spray the inside with spray foam, and allow to dry

carve out excess spray foam, and smooth out with fiberglass resin, or bondo, let cure and sand smooth.

Use a dremel with a small diamond needle point bit to carve out detail lines, once youve drawn them on with a pencil.

Then paint

this was a really old post that i found and would this method work/has antbody tried it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spraying it with a filler primer or using Modge-podge would probably work well, or even just mixing Elmers glue in water and painting it on.

filler primer?oh and where could i find mod podge? and one last question would the armor have to be made of card stock for this to work or would paper work :unsure:

Sigma-LS said:
Spraying it with a filler primer or using Modge-podge would probably work well, or even just mixing Elmers glue in water and painting it on.
Seconded.

First thing. I would use cardstock if possible. I've done the regular paper route and it will give you a lot more trouble. If you use regular paper you'll need to reinforce it with cardboard or some other material to prevent warping.

Filler primer is a thicker type of primer spray paint that you can find in the auto body section of any place that's got one (including Wal-Mart) It is easily sandable and will fill in a lot of the little imperfections on the surface.

Modge-podge is a special type of water based glue you can pick up at any craft store.

Can I just fiberglass the inside after resining and then fill with expanding foam and carve out for a closer fit to my body?

then use body filler on the outside to make it smooth and stuff and to do details?

And what Dremel set do you use?

o_O Where did you steal the secrets of my Mk V armor? j/k

Works great I think (looks at avatar)

I use a dremel multipro with drum sanders, reinforced cutting wheels, tungston carbide cutters (cone and cylinder), and a tiny diamond cutter for the REALLY fine stuff.

You have to buy the three cutters but the rest come with the multipro package.

Sigma-LS said:
o_O Where did you steal the secrets of my Mk V armor? j/k

Works great I think (looks at avatar)
I use a dremel multipro with drum sanders, reinforced cutting wheels, tungston carbide cutters (cone and cylinder), and a tiny diamond cutter for the REALLY fine stuff.

You have to buy the three cutters but the rest come with the multipro package.

Is there just one basic thing I can buy? I'm not planning on getting a lot of stuff for the details... Even if it takes a little bit extra time to do it... I just would like to get one set that would be good for the job... Hopefully not too expensive... Because I don't know if it would be used again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back