Wip Halo 3 Cortana Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap, that is almost eerie! The whole outfit is decent, but makeup is whats going to really sell a Cortana cosplay, and I honestly don't think you could do better short of CG animation! Can't wait to see how awesome this looks once you're finished, you've already improved your original costume by 1000% in my opinion.

Another update! (I'm sorry if I seem like I'm spamming my own thread, I'm just REALLY excited about everything I'm getting done.)

Here's a pic of what I've been working on all freaking day. I'm almost done gluing the suit to the latex chest piece, and it is turning out way better than I had hoped.

P10100332-1.jpg

I used the brand Shoe Goo, and I have to say it works pretty good. It doesn't go on as smooth as I would've liked, but it does the job. Oh yeah, and working with this stuff indoors is a big no no, the fumes are terrible and I've had the windows open all day...stupid rainy weather...*shakes fist*

As soon as the glue dries, I will be adding the lines of code, then the suit will be finished!!! I'm going to finish the wig at the hotel because I'm running out of time and I still need to pack, among other things. Wish me luck! ^^;

*EDIT* Ok, so I'm not going to have the suit 100% finished, but it is decent enough. My boyfriend started spray painting the codes, but he stopped about half way through. He said that he just didn't want to destroy the outfit I worked so hard on by messing up in areas. So here's a pic of what the suit looks like now.

P1010032-1.jpg

We plan to finish it after the con by purchasing a model sprayer, to get better detail. :)

Tylkon said:
Holy crap, that is almost eerie! The whole outfit is decent, but makeup is whats going to really sell a Cortana cosplay, and I honestly don't think you could do better short of CG animation! Can't wait to see how awesome this looks once you're finished, you've already improved your original costume by 1000% in my opinion.

Haha, glad you like it. The makeup is what has been bothering me ever since I started this. I finally found a vid on youtube that I thought fit perfectly, so I bought most everything the girl suggested, and followed the tutorial. And what you see is the result. I am quite proud of it. I will be adding a sheer glitter layer to add a sheen to match the suit, and I will also be adding highlights and shadows to make it look more natural.

Thank you. I always aim to improve my work, especially when I know that I can do way better.

Noble One said:

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooo-leeeee WOW!

I'd showed your older outfit to my wife way back then. Showed her this one just now and she says, "Looks like she got a new wig." Talk about a perceptive woman I have!

Absolutely stunningly amazing work you've put into this and have gotten mind-blowing results! Bravo!

That wig looks really pretty! I love that color. The "before" wig looks much like Cortana's hair from the first Halo. The new one definitely looks more like her now since Cortana is more blue than purple. Although, I'm not too crazy about the slight curl in the bangs. I would prefer it to be more straight. But it is a very lovely wig.

How much did that wig run you? If I ever get to cosplay as Cortana, or just dress up as her for Halloween since there are never cosplay's near me :(, I would like to get an idea of how much I am looking to spend on a wig like that.

OMG, Epic costume is Epic!

That just looks fantastic, the makeup before was good, this new makeup and wig are spot-on perfect accuracy.

And good choice on waiting for the last finishing touches. Sometimes it's better to just leave them till after the con, so you do them right rather than rush them and screw up all your work. (Ask me how I know this when I don't have the right helmet at Gencon >_<)

good work!, shame i didn't get to see you at gen con (damn registration took one an a half hours to get my badge) but hey i did see loess and yep he was wearing the wrong helmet but hey so was i!

Wow, that looks really awesome, and the level of detail you're going into with this is incredible. I tried to convince my girlfriend to cosplay as her for the next con we're attending, but I don't think it will work. Anyway, I'm glad to see someone actively pursuing this. Again, great job and keep it up!

I love it. Your make-up seems to be exactly right with the tint. The latex front piece was a very good decision, especially the abdominals gives the illusion that your are body painted.

Because im a yerk that cannot wait so see the "complete" version here's a bit of shopping. {Cortana i hope its cool with you, if not just say so and i will take it down.

cortanacopy.jpg

To be honest, its spot on. You really look like here....are you sure your not computer program that is a clone of doctor Hasley brain?

Ahhh OMG. I SO FREAKING LOVE YOUR NEW WIG AND SUIT. I really admire all the work you've put into this costume! It is *amazing*.

Are you still planning to sell your old wig/have you already sold it?

I just completed and debuted my Poison Ivy costume, but no rest for me because now I have to take out my old Cortana and make it more um, presentable. My suit hasn't seen light in two years since I first wore it at the Halo 3 launch, and even then it wasn't fully complete! (But now I'm behind because my friend's already completed his Master Chief armor). So yep, I'm in need of a wig, among other things, so if you'd like to sell your old one, hit me with a PM. ;)

Can't wait to see your entire outfit together!

Centurion said:
Hooo-leeeee WOW!

I'd showed your older outfit to my wife way back then. Showed her this one just now and she says, "Looks like she got a new wig." Talk about a perceptive woman I have!

Absolutely stunningly amazing work you've put into this and have gotten mind-blowing results! Bravo!

I'd say! I'm glad to see that people notice the difference.

Thank you! :oops:

HaloGoddess said:
That wig looks really pretty! I love that color. The "before" wig looks much like Cortana's hair from the first Halo. The new one definitely looks more like her now since Cortana is more blue than purple. Although, I'm not too crazy about the slight curl in the bangs. I would prefer it to be more straight. But it is a very lovely wig.

How much did that wig run you? If I ever get to cosplay as Cortana, or just dress up as her for Halloween since there are never cosplay's near me :( , I would like to get an idea of how much I am looking to spend on a wig like that.

I am so freaking happy with that new wig, it's not even funny. Yeah, more like her hair from Halo 2 since it had alot of blue in the purple. That curl is gonna be straightened as soon as I get the chance. I meant to do it while we were at the con, but I kept forgetting. ^^; It was definitely worth the money.

That wig ran me $155, and $10 shipping. But, as I found out, she custom made that wig, and even made the wefts herself. And it came packaged nicely in a box, along with wigcaps. If you have a fairly large budget, I highly recommend her. If that's a bit out of your range, I have a few other suggestions for you. Amphigory has some really nice quality wigs for cheap, and in some great colors for Cortana. The best wig I could find that would be the easiest to style is this one http://amphigory.com/wigs_s_cindy.html . I would email her and see if she has pics, but the best color would be P.D Blue.Glow, maybe even the Blue Moon.

And then there's ebay. I would be careful as you won't always get the perfect wig from ebay, but my second Cortana wig came from a really good seller. They don't seem to have that one in stock right now, but you can search either "blue wig" or "purple wig", and you may find something you like. Always check feedback. ;)

Loess said:
OMG, Epic costume is Epic!

That just looks fantastic, the makeup before was good, this new makeup and wig are spot-on perfect accuracy.

And good choice on waiting for the last finishing touches. Sometimes it's better to just leave them till after the con, so you do them right rather than rush them and screw up all your work. (Ask me how I know this when I don't have the right helmet at Gencon >_<)

Thank you! It was so nice meeting you at the workshop, your armor is amazing!

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with that makeup, It seriously made all the difference. And the wig is the cherry on top. ;)

Yeah, I'm already kinda regretting painting those code lines on, but it's an easy fix, so I'm not too worried. And I agree, on all points. You're helmet was still pretty cool though.

mc hammer time said:
That latex piece really made a difference. I was like "this is good, but theres something off...". Great work!

I'm very glad you think so. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I first made the suit, lol.

rvb18 said:
good work!, shame i didn't get to see you at gen con (damn registration took one an a half hours to get my badge) but hey i did see loess and yep he was wearing the wrong helmet but hey so was i!

Thank you! Aww, were you there? Damn, I should've stayed in costume longer on Fri, but I was getting kinda sick of being stopped so frequently, lol. But hey, there's always next time!

darkfluffy said:
Wow, that looks really awesome, and the level of detail you're going into with this is incredible. I tried to convince my girlfriend to cosplay as her for the next con we're attending, but I don't think it will work. Anyway, I'm glad to see someone actively pursuing this. Again, great job and keep it up!

Thank you very much! Aww, why not? Yeah, she's still not finished yet, so there's alot more updates to come!

falcon NL said:
I love it. Your make-up seems to be exactly right with the tint. The latex front piece was a very good decision, especially the abdominals gives the illusion that your are body painted.

Because im a yerk that cannot wait so see the "complete" version here's a bit of shopping. {Cortana i hope its cool with you, if not just say so and i will take it down.

cortanacopy.jpg

To be honest, its spot on. You really look like here....are you sure your not computer program that is a clone of doctor Hasley brain?

Aww, thanks. I'm still surprised as to how well the makeup matches the suit, it's almost scary. Yes, it's a decision I'm very happy with, the end results made all the difference. And I had so many people fooled that I was wearing bodypaint. :p

Hehe, it's no problem, I don't mind. I'll be posting some pics later this week when I get them, I had a photoshoot, and I'm waiting for the people to send me the pics.

Hmmm, maaaaybe.

Calliopeia said:
Ahhh OMG. I SO FREAKING LOVE YOUR NEW WIG AND SUIT. I really admire all the work you've put into this costume! It is *amazing*.

Are you still planning to sell your old wig/have you already sold it?

I just completed and debuted my Poison Ivy costume, but no rest for me because now I have to take out my old Cortana and make it more um, presentable. My suit hasn't seen light in two years since I first wore it at the Halo 3 launch, and even then it wasn't fully complete! (But now I'm behind because my friend's already completed his Master Chief armor). So yep, I'm in need of a wig, among other things, so if you'd like to sell your old one, hit me with a PM. ;)

Can't wait to see your entire outfit together!

OMG, thank you!!!! Well, it was definitely alot, and there's still more to come.

Yup, it's still for sale.

PM'd. I'm glad to see you take out your Cortana cosplay again, you did such a beautiful job! I expect lots of pics.

i found some picture of you from the convention and you are breathtaking in the suit . the wig and the latex piece really make a big change.

IMG_1045.jpg

3832017883_0e8cda0252.jpg

6292_1158949449082_1088154922_30648.jpg

6292_1158950329104_1088154922_30648.jpg

Macattack64 said:
Nice shoes :p

hehe thanks. :p

PHEW! Very large and very late update! ^^; Got back from GenCon last month, and OMG it was a blast! Although I didn't have the cosplay 100% finished like I wanted, it was still a big hit, and all the hard work paid off. I had so many people stopping me for pictures, I had moments where I would just stand still for about 10 mins, posing for people walking by, lol. I got to meet alot of my fellow 405th members; Drakku, LeeKegan, Loess, Spartan137, and I can't remember the name of the other girl, but she was so nice! (please message me if you read this post, I want to post your 405th screename!) I have to thank her for holding my stuff while I was at the Costume Contest, I really appreciated it! *hugs*

And by some wild chance, myself and fellow 405th memebers Drakku, and her BF Ehkru ended up on the local Indianapolis news channel! You can find the story and the video here. http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/marion_county/City_sees_green_in_colorful_Gen_Con_20090813 Hehe, needless to say it was a bit surreal ending up on tv, I had so many people come up to me the following days shouting, "Hey! I saw you on the news last night!"

I did enter the costume contest at GenCon, but I didn't place at all. :( But that's ok, I'm still happy I tried, and I atleast won two Hall Costume Contest ribbons. Soo, here's the craziest part of the whole costume contest. I went up to the registration, handed them my form, and the lady handed me my number for the contest. Here's what I received...

3919883693_b3d6de8992_o.jpg

Yup, that's not shopped, that's 100% real. I almost couldn't believe it. I now have it framed with my ribbons and photo of my cosplay. :D

I have to say the most exciting part of the whole con was getting together for the 405th gathering and for the workshop. I got some awesome photos with Loess in his ODST armor. It was so nice meeting you, Loess, thank you for sticking around with me for all those photos. I hope to catch up with you at another con!

3870761746_c311862014_b.jpg

3876669896_8e71f1b1c2_b.jpg

3832017883_0e8cda0252_b.jpg

And here's some pics of myself, Drakku ass Darth Talon, her bf Ehkru as a Generic Jedi, and a guy that we randomly picked up dressed as Snake. Hehe, he was so nice, he acted as my bodyguard for most of the day. :p

3888162880_f0399dc894_b.jpg

3835027191_31fc2363f1_b.jpg

For all you fellow Mass Effect fans out there, here's a photo of me and my friend Taylor from cosplay.com dressed as Tali. She did such an amazing job with that cosplay, and she still plans to fix it up more!

3895897293_d79af4b187_b.jpg

And here's the photos everyone has been waiting for. I got to do two photoshoots prior to the contest, and I must say they turned out quite nice. My makeup was 100 times better than the last couple times, so it turned out beautiful in photos! I didn't like the background however, so I replaced it with a much more appropriate one that I think everyone will approve of. ;) And believe it or not, the only thing shopped is the background and the lighting/contrast on the whole piece, there is NO SHOPPING whatsoever on me, so yes, my eyes really did look that blue. :) I also took that screenshot myself on my copy of Halo 3; it's a wall from the multiplayer map, Rat's Nest. I had that in mind for the background ever since I saw these pics, it just seemed to fit. The hardest part was getting all the right angles so they would match up with my poses and the camera distance.

UNSC Cortana I

3916998236_5e2ef6d41f_b.jpg

UNSC Cortana II

3916211793_2307b103e3_b.jpg

UNSC Cortana III

3916999142_8829696d5a_b.jpg

UNSC Cortana IV

3916212557_5acf1763bd_o.jpg

UNSC Cortana V

3916212739_3b622c0c68_o.jpg

UNSC Cortana VI

3916212881_345e5df5b8_o.jpg

And, my personal fav,​

UNSC Cortana VII

3916999896_87f9c35bbc_o.jpg

Stay tuned for more. I will be at our local GameStop for the midnight release party for ODST. :D And, in the next couple weeks, I hope to add the lines of code, add the beads to the new wig, along with a few other touchups. And maaaaybe construct an Activation Index...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back