[Wip] Mark Vi Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dredgen

I've been a member here for 3 years and I finally have my first WIP! :lol

JediStumpy hooked me up with a sweet cast of his Mark VI helmet. Sadly I forgot to take before pictures, started working on it right away. :D

120.JPG

So far every thing is cut out but still needs to be touched up.

121.JPG

Picked up two different types of tubing. I really liked the look of the metal one but it just didn't work out. I might give it another shot but for now it's the traditional plastic one.

123.JPG

Test fitting every thing. Currently experimenting with another set of vent tubing by cutting out the recesses and adding screen. If it works out I will add fans behind them. The green LED covers are from radio shack. They will have LEDs soon, they're in the mail.

124.JPG

That's all for now. :cool

Jedistumpy made a nice helmet. I got myself a cast from him, and I was a bit too nervous about dremeling it. XP

Are the green LEDs cheaper than white or something?

Queen said:
Are the green LEDs cheaper than white or something?

RadioShack only had Green, Blue, Red and Orange. If I find some clear ones I will dye them black so they are a nice smoke color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dredgen said:
RadioShack only had Green, Blue, Red and Orange. If I find some clear ones I will dye them black so they are a nice smoke color.

I think the smokey color would look great. The green LEDs just jump out at you.

Queen said:
I think the smokey color would look great. The green LEDs just jump out at you.

It will look better once the helmet is fully painted.

1 shot 1 kill said:
now here coes painting are you going to do the mc green or something els

I still have a lot more work to do on it before it's ready but it will most likely end up being green.

llinformerll said:
Looks sweet. And how much are the red LEDs anyways?

I'm pretty sure red is the same price as the green. I don't have the receipt on hand but I think they were $2.50 for a pack of two. I only used the covers on them since I have a fully assembled LED kit with an on/off switch coming in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back